“A very nice surprise”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Tampa, Florida
“A very nice surprise”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

During my search, this hotel stood out in terms of pricing and reviews, so I booked 3 rooms for me and my associates for our business trip to Hershey. I have been to Hershey many times, but have never stayed here.

From the very beginning we were impressed. The clerk was very nice and helpful, the common areas in and around the lobby were well decorated and quite clean. The clerk put us all on the top floor, away from families, and this worked out great for peace and quiet and work production. Very smart.

My room was well appointed with a fast web connection, good TV , clean room and comfortable bed. It was a very pleasant stay for all of us.

The hotel is very close to shopping, restaurants and the Hershey attractions, but it feels like it is out of the way. This was a good feeling.

Taking into account the price advantage, I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: It was quiet on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
hershey-comfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Park, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thanks for the great review. Please join us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Huntingdon Valley, PA
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here two nights to visit Hershey park with two grandchildren. Spotless room, quick ride to the park and many eateries in the area make this a winner. Breakfast was awesome, so many choices, something for everyone, eggs,sausage, cereal, juices and sweets. Coffees, teas and ice water always available and seating for everyone even though it was busy. Breakfast staff, reception desk staff and housekeeping were all top notch. We would stay here again when going to Hershey park.

1 Thank Trixie1953
Thanks for the great review! Please join us again soon!
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night until we could get into the Hotel Hershey. It was small, and older, but clean. They offered a complementary hot breakfast that was average, though the sausage was good. The elevator (1) was small and the wait was long given the crowded time of year. The staff was helpful, though there didn't seem to be very many around. If you're passing through Hershey it would be fine for a night or two.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Valdecap
Thank you for your comments. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again. We have more improvements planned in the near future.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel for business and found it to be a very pleasant place to stay. It was very quiet, clean and well kept hotel. The staff was nice and my check in/ check out was smooth. My only issue was receiving my reward points for my stay. I asked at check in to ensure I would receive reward points for my stay and offered to provide my reward point account number. The desk person assured me it would recognize my address and automatically apply them. That was not the case. It is easy to fix, but will require my time. In closing, I would stay there again and recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
hershey-comfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Park, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm sorry about the confusion with your Choice Privileges Points. If you would like to contact me by phone (717-566-2050) or email jon.montgomery@snbhotels.com, I will insure you get the points from your stay. Please join us again soon.
Belford, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2013

As you approach the hotel, be aware of the "Duck Crossing". There is plenty free parking available.

Excellent location. Hershey Park is 1.5 miles away in a straight line. If you forgot it at home, no worries, they got that nearby. Fast and casual comfort dining options are arguably within walking distance. WiFi and a free pass to the Gold's Gym included. Downtown Hershey is worth the five minute drive. Awesome dining experiences await you on Chocolate Ave.

The hotel did not provide a restaurant but still provided an awesome complimentary diner style hot breakfast every morning. Coffee and hot water was available 24/7 alongside a pitcher of iced water.

The indoor pool seemed much cooler than the advertised 80 degrees. It seemed to be a somewhat neglected jewel. There is no common area lounge or nightlife.

Room Tip: The elevators (2) are slow. There is no perceptible noise late at night on the lower floors.
1 Thank BpdSarge
hershey-comfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Park, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Please come again soon!
new york
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently stayed here with my sons travel baseball team. The location was great, very close to the park, an extremely clean. If you ever read any of my other reviews you will see that cleanliness is extremely important to me. I would definitely stay here again if I wawentnt to Hershey.

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for your great review. Please come again soon.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very happy with this hotel. We received a warm welcome from the hotel staff. Our room was very clean, the beds were most comfortable, and we slept great. The hotel was really quiet, no disturbances and the outside was quite peaceful. Our breakfast was really good too. The young ladies working in the breakfast area did a fantastic job of keeping everything stocked and were tidying up constantly. In the past, we have stayed at both the Hershey Lodge and the Hershey Hotel, but we would definitely stay here again, a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Nice view of the duck pond
1 Thank Shellcapri
Thanks for your kind review. Please join us again soon.