“Clean hotel, Over priced”

Comfort Inn at the Park
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Stayed here on our visit to Chocolate World (which is over-rated might I add). We got in late, 2:30am late, requested late check out but they couldnt accomodate that without charging me for a 1/2 day. Check out is 11a, they could give me 11:45 but nothing later. I thought for $130 a night they could give us noon or even 1. It was a monday, I cant imagine a ton of people would be rushing to check in on a monday.

The hotel hallways and the room carpets smelled like they had just been cleaned. The room was what you'd expect from an $80 Comfort Inn. The TV had awful reception, half of the buttons didnt work. It was almost 3am, wasn't worth calling and asking for a new one. The walls between the rooms are EXTREMELY thin. At 8am we were woken up by the classy people in the adjoining room next to us. You can hear the water running, toilet seats slamming, things pounding on the walls, the TV, people talking.

The bathroom was small, separate from the sink. It was clean, water was hot, consistent water pressure.

I would recommend staying here if you could book it on Hotwire or Priceline for a discounted rate. It wasn't worth the $130 we paid.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed in this hotel on a cross country trip, and were pleasantly surprised to find it was a WONDERFUL choice.

Great pool, very nice temperature, with a fountain that fascintated our kids (VERY UNIQUE addition)! Note the fountain is not supposed to be played with...

The rooms were very clean, and we were HAPPY to find that this was a MUCH cheaper alternative to the very pricy hotels in Hershey. The free breakfast was a treat, although the lack of hot items was a bit of a dissapointment.

Another really cool surprise - there were a TON of ducks / geese in a pond at the front of the property, and Comfort Inn has installed a duck feeder that you can put a quarter in and get food to feed them. KIDS LOVED THIS!!!

Last note - at this hotel, and ONLY at this hotel in the area, you're within walking distance of a Panera bread, a K-Mart, and several other options for food. (Those of you who've ever forgotten or needed something for kids will appreciate this statement :-)

Absolutely recommend, would stay again and again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank j2white
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This hotel was a straight shot from Hershey Park. It was clean and the lobby area is nice but the rooms and pool need some updating. Our stay was comfortable but I thought a bit pricey for a Comfort Inn ($200+). There were a ton of families staying at this hotel but I wasn't once disturbed by kids running up and down the halls of screaming/crying.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank maisiemom
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Nice clean hotel. One of the better Comfort Inns we've stayed in. Breakfast area and lobby were very clean. You may want to print a map of exactly how to find it as it's entrance is not that prominent.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssful
Reviewed 27 April 2010

This hotel definitely needs to upgrade their rooms. The chair in our room was ripped and the shower was very outdated. Nightstand was a large desk! On the upside, the hotel was clean and had all the amenities we needed for two adults.

One major disappointment we encountered was housecleaning. We hoped to sleep in a bit, and put out the do not disturb sign. The housecleaning crew was very loud, and we woke up to talking and singing in the halls. Walls were thin and we heard everything going on in the hallway...there was no respect for the guests sleeping past 9:30!

That being said, for the price we paid I sure would not complain. Although we have have paid the same price at other hotels and did not have the same experience.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank midwestmam
hershey-comfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

I want to thank you for the comments concerning your recent stay. I would like for you to contact me so I can discuss with you on which floor you stayed. I want to make sure the housekeeper understands how important it is that we are quiet while working in and around the guest rooms. I am always available to my guests and prospective guests. My number is 717-566-2050 ext 100. Sincerely, Jon H. Montgomery, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

After spending the day at the Spa at Hotel Hershey I wanted to stay overnight instead of driving 2 1/2 hours home. I checked for place to stay and found a great rate and great reviews for this hotel so I decided to stay. What a wonderful place. It was kind of hard to find as it sits back in a park like setting. Lots of eating places within walking distance. Lobby is nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. I had left for awhile in the evening and when I returned, there was a message from the from the front desk checking to make sure everything was ok and if I needed anything to call the desk. Breakfast was simple but good. The best part is everything is clean! Previous reviews were very positive and I agree 100%. This place is a gem and I hope the price stays reasonable so I can stay here again when I am in town.

The response from the managment to any negitive comments by previous customers impressed me. From everything I have seen and read, the management does care about its customers and wants them to enjoyt their stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank casey1960
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Very nice hotel, Clean. No complaints. Loved the chocolate smell in the Lobby... beds very comfortable!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family