“Nice neighborhood and Clean Hotel”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Auburn, California
“Nice neighborhood and Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were travelling from California and planned to visit hershey, pa. Our search landed us in this beautiful location. The motel looked little inviting but after we checked in, the rooms were very large and accomodating with flat screen tvs in both our rooms. it was very nice and the staff were very nice and always on the move to help and direct us. we had a pleasant stay and the pool was very exciting. we plan to make another visit.

1 Thank jjjohnston74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Rodeway Inn on W. Areba Ave, Hershey, should not be listed as a Hotel, but rather a Motel.. My husband and I booked the Rodeway Inn for 4 nights, but checked out the very next day...The rooms had an oder to them and the pool area felt like a sauna room (very, very unconfortable). Not at all what the picture on the internet showed.. The back of the hotel was someone's back yard and not eye pleasing at all..and the price per night was higher than that of a Quality Inn & Suites hotel.
Were the pictures taken when the hotel was first built? Maybe, because that is not what we actually saw. I will never stay in any Rodeway Inn Hotels (motel) ever again.

1 Thank lia1125

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Beautifully located in the nice and quiet neighborhood. We stayed here for 3 nights and had the best time of our life. Nice Clean Swimming pool opened late and Nice clean rooms with new furnitures. The Manager and Staff were very helpful, accomodating and very friendly. We will be back here to stay again.

Islip, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We booked four nights for our stay. Unfortunately we were having a medical problem with our three year old and we were awaiting results. So we cancelled the first day, then when we still didn't hear anything from the doctors we canceled another day the following day. We did get the results the day after and it was that we had to schedule surgery so I again called and cancelled the remaining two days. I always called 24 hours in advance as their policy stated, however, their rude front desk representative said that we cancelled three times and we will be charged for the day, even after I explained why and that I always gave 24 hours notice. After he hung up on me I called Choice hotels who told me that he can not charge me the day and she called him and took care of everything. I really did not need that extra aggrevation with everything going on. A thumbs up for Choice, professional as always, however, they should drop the Rodeway Inn hotel. They do not meet Choice Hotel standards.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here on july 14th for 3 nights and we are very happy we stayed here. The Manager was very helpful and went out his way to even collect us from the Hershey park when we got lost. Thank you Dave.

1 Thank andrew_m_59
Topeka
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I had an awful experience, we made the reservation online with the a 1-800# And when we got to the motel, I was scoleded for waking them up and bothering them! After being complained at that I should have been there BEFORE 11pm and not at 11:30pm ( We went there because of bad weather ahead on the road). The room was dirty, mildew in the shower, no warm water, there was human hair in all of our bedding, on the pillows, and towels. There was not 4 pillows in a room with 2 double beds. The room was dark, and dank and very nasty smelling. After reporting this to coporate, the manager of the place called and harassed me for giving hime a bad report and getting my money back. Anyone complaining about this place be aware they will call and co!!!!!!!!!!!!nfront you about your rating you give them!!! It was the WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD AT A HOTEL i ONLY GAVE IT ONE DOT TO SHOW HOW HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE MY STAY WAS, . I will say Corperate did make good on my money and gave it back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kansasteachertravele
funlover11, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
This guest was refunded full amount. according to front desk manager when guest checked in front desk was open no body was sleeping. after check in front desk manager directd guest to the guest room carried their lugguge to the room. opened the guest room. guest commeneted that the room is cool and cozy but it is hot outside. and they are very pleased with the room. next day also guest were very happy. never complianed about anything. we have the audio and vedio at the time of checkin of the guest. it shows that guest is very pleased. we send the copy of the footage of audio and vedio to the choice hotels internationals.
Amstrdam NY
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Our family made the reservations for us to stay in this hotel well we were visiting Hershey. We were able to check in 2 hours earlier as we arrived ahead of scheduale, The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was spakling! The staff was friendly and the breakfast was really good! Everything was fresh and the pool was well taken care of. Our room had 2 queen sized beds and a double, a nice 36 inch flat screen tv! There was also a fridge in the room and a microwave. All and all it was well worth the stay and I would defantly stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family