“Very nice motel”

Simplicity Inn Hershey
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hosts, Kelly and Nigel are very nice. They go out of their way to help you with whatever you need. The motel is in a nice residential area. The room was very comfortable and clean. They opened up the breakfast area early for us as we had to catch an early flight. We were able to print our boarding passes using their computer. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The staff was great! Ive never been to a hotel that the owners cared so much! The rooms were clean and spacious. Yes it could use a little updating but most hotels could. I would absolutely stay here again! Great location in a peaceful neighborhood, great owners and staff, and competitive pricing.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Got a great deal for the room via the corporate website. The hotel is located in what appears to be a residential neighborhood a few blocks from the main drag through Hershey. The hotel seemed nearly empty the mid-week night that we stayed. Kelly at the front desk was very polite and helpful. The room was large and clean. We didn't try the morning continental breakfast.

The hotel appeared to be relatively new, but is very poorly constructed. We had a second floor room and the floors squeaked and seemed to have a consider sag. The bathroom was very large, but had very, very low countertops and toilet - there was no indication that this room was specifically for handicapped access, but the countertops were uncomfortably low. The bathroom was clean, but seemed to have a lot of patchmarks and very rough caulking around the shower area - it was all painted but was clearly poorly repaired.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. The management there accused us of having more than the allowed amount in our rooms when we actually were having a family reunion and had booked 3 suites. The manager told us that he had been watching us on his monitors, creepy! I have never been treated so disrespectfully my hotel management ever!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

We have no smoking & no pet policy. signs are posted at the front desk, in the room all our web sites as well as on the registration forms. we notify verbally to all our guests upon their arrival also. this guest had stayed in past also, so they were aware of our no smoking policy very well.
guest smoked in their room for entire lenth of their stay which was for 3 nights. we requested them several times. we could have charged them the cleaning fee but we didn't. because they were our loyal guest.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Hotel was OK, nothing spectacular. Close to the downtown and easy to access. Breakfast was...adequate, not very many things to choose from and nothing was fresh. Terribly musty and a gross bathroom in one room we had. The worst part of the stay was that I had booked the first night online, decided to stay a second night and was promised the same rate for the second. When I went to check-out they all of a sudden were having troubles with the printer....Hmm.... but I was assured that they would email the bill at the same price as the first night. When I got home and checked my credit card they had charged more that what I agreed upon. When I called to inquire there were more excuses and I was told they were looking at the rate I was charged and it was the lower amount. Lies, I would not return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

management is not aware of this incident. if guest can contact the G.M. this can be still resolved. we are very committed to our promises.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lot of work has been put into the rooms of this motel: granite and tile in the bathrooms, large kitchen, and comfortable beds. The hotel staff is very polite and helpful. The personal computer internet access is a big plus.

The downside was that the walls were very thin. We were woken up frequently during our three day stay from noise in the parking lot and within the motel.

The location of this motel was interesting. Although close to Hershey Park, it appears to have been plunked into the middle of a pretty residential neighborhood prior to zoning laws. The location was to our benefit, though. We felt very safe walking around that neighborhood at night. If you took a right out the driveway and then your next left, you have access to at least three restaurants at the next major intersection.

With a little insulation and soundproofing, this motel would really be awesome...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have never written a review on a hotel but I felt I needed to this time because I had a bad experience here. I wanted to stay close to Hershey but not spend a ton of money on a hotel. That was a mistake because my 13 year old niece and 11 year old son did not even want to use the pool it was small and not attractive. The room was old and had a terrrible musty smell that caused my son's asthma to kick in. I thought I was going to have to check out if he did not stop coughing. I know it was the room because he was fine once we went outside. The pipes for the shower were old. When someone above you showered you heard everything. The breakfast was nothing to brag about. When I used the waffle maker it blew a fuse if that tells you anything. The coffee was not piping hot and when I put the creamer in it it spoiled. When I checked out and was asked how I enjoyed my stay I told him what had happened and how the smell was bad even in the lobby. He said the rugs were two years old. He apologized and gave me $50.00 off my bill but that did not make up for the stress I went through. I do not recommend this hotel. Spend the extra money and enjoy your stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank racersedge43

we have 14 items in the breakfast. including fresh fruits, eggs etc...
if fuse blew off that's not human mistake. we are almost full every day in the month of august
and our rooms are cleaned every day. up on arrival of every guest we ask them about every thing ok in the room. if it was smelly or musty they could have told us we would have gladly changed their room. again at the time of the check out we ask to all our guests about their stay. and we did refund $ 50 to this guest., they were satisfied at that time.