Simplicity Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$103
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn at the Park(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$110
ComfortInn
US$154
US$150
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$108
US$186
US$165
Very Good 4/5
Econo Lodge Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$79
Priceline
US$243
Very Good 4/5
White Rose Motel(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$71
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue(Hershey)(Great Value!)
US$150
Travelocity
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsresidential neighborhoodcontinental breakfastindoor pooldouble bedhershey parkwaffle makerbagelsroom was cleanwould stay here againwithin walking distanceno elevatorwe've stayedrodewayattractionskitchenettekidsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Unique little place, very cute for the night. Only place on our trip with a good fridge & microwave. The bathroom sink & toilet are unusually low, and I was sincerely afraid I would fall through the bathtub while showering. We were on the 2nd floor, and it squeaked anytime I moved. I am not obese. I even devised an action plan of what to do should I fall through (wrap myself in the shower curtain FIRST and then check for injuries, lol). There were some loud, strange sounds coming from outside our room before bed, mechanical sounding, but it didn't last long. Beds were comfy and wifi was alright. If you're traveling to Hershey Park, the park has GREAT free wifi, so get their early to check your social media instead of patiently waiting for pages to load at the hotel. :) Continental breakfast was pretty sparse (I crave cheese danish on vacation, I've learned, but I could only choose from one type of muffin and some bread slices as far as carbs were concerned). The people who run the inn are very nice. The woman who checked us in walked us to our room (a first) and showed us around, and the man who was there at check-out was very laid back. Indoor pool is a plus, but we didn't have time to enjoy it due to our late check-in & exhaustion. The hotel is in a residential area that felt safe but is also really close to Hershey Park and plenty of restaurants. Under normal circumstances we would have probably walked to the park & saved on paying for parking, but we had done a ton of walking earlier on our trip and were over it. I think it's a 15-20 minute walk.

Room Tip: I bet the rooms on the outermost sides are quietest. Second floor near the lobby can be noisy with other guests going to breakfast.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel located in a residential neighborhood just blocks from Hershey Park. Room was clean and neat with a HDTV. Mattresses and bedding were typical of a value hotel. Indoor pool was nice for our son. Breakfast was included and consisted of waffles, cereals, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit (apples and oranges), juice and coffee. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for just 1 night to see a concert at Hershey Park. I had a hard time finding a hotel that would take a reservation for just 1 night and was relieved to find one. Reservations were easy to make and directions were excellent.

Upon driving up to the Rodeway, I was a bit anxious as I didn't know what to expect. Sandy warmly greeted us and checked us in quickly. She inquired about what we wanted to do and gave us tips on what to do, where to eat and directions to the outlet mall to get an emergency pair of shoes. She and her husband (I think) were all smiles and very eager to welcome us and show us to our room.

Our room was spacious with 2 queen beds, a desk, kitchenette with small oven & 4 burners, microwave, small coffee maker and sink. This was more than I was expecting. The room was very clean. The furnishings are dated, the wallpaper is peeling, and the walls have the occasional mark. It's obvious this place is older but you also see signs of improvements as our room was having some drywall repairs done. It's also obvious that the owners are slowly making headway in updating their hotel with a new flat screen TV, the coffee maker, and the genuine care they took to make us feel welcome and valued.

I had some trouble with the shower as the fixture wasn't marked with hot or cold and the handle would turn endlessly. Once I found hot, we never moved the knob again. It was difficult to turn the shower on as the handle to do that was slightly broken. The door was also difficult to close fully and lock but, each of us prevailed and we took it all in with good humor.

Our 2 beds were adequately comfortable and mattresses were wrapped in allergy reducing covers and the mattress pad was new and bright, white clean. I slept well but the mattress was just a little hard for me! No complaints from the kids though!

The kitchenette had only a knife, spatula, and a few spoons, some glasses, and 2 sauté pans so real cooking would be limited. You could probably ask at the Front Desk and they would do their best to supply with you more cooking items.

We didn't have time for the pool but it looked clean and tended to. Yes, it's a small pool but not so small that several people couldn't enjoy it at one time. There were about 5 people in it when we arrived and there was plenty of room for more to play around too!

The location is about 2.5 miles from Hershey Park & attractions and very easy to navigate. There is a restaurant /bar (Duke's - see my review later) right next door which is convenient!

Breakfast is included and it was very simple but still a nice gesture. There were Hostess donuts, bread for toasting, protein/fiber bars to take away and a few other things...maybe cereal! We grabbed a few donuts which held the kids until we met up with family for breakfast.

This place is not perfect, quirky in fact, but it didn't leave me with a bad impression. On the contrary, I left thinking this was a little find in expensive Hershey. And, BTW this place wasn't cheap (about $230) but it was available for a 1 night only stay, we felt very safe, and we were welcomed so warmly that it put me in a positive place. To me, it felt somewhat like a "throwback hotel" with small tables and mix matched chairs outside the lower level rooms. It's like the places I remember as a kid when we would drive to Florida and stay 1 night but you made best friends with one of the other kids at the hotel. It felt friendly. It felt clean. It felt right for this trip.

Room Tip: We were in Room 215. It is spacious and has a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
funlover11, Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is cute little place close to Hershey Park. Location is ideal, close to the park, close to the town--walking distance to restaurants.
Manager is polite and seems to care but the place needs some upgrading. Room was on the 1st floor and was nice but smelled a little musty. Pool is saltwater and was collllld.
I usually ask for a top-floor room but with 2 children and wife and liggage decided to take the easy access 1st floor. HUUUUGe mistake. The people in the room upstairs came back from Hershey? around 10pm and proceeded to have a game of football? in their room for the next hour. What--your kids didn't get their energy out at the park? Afraid to correct them and teach them how to behave in a public place? Why are people in hotels and apartments so incredibly clueless, classless, and rude concerning their location and people around them because we find this alot when traveling? We called the front desk and they called the room and things calmed down for a short period of time and then they were right back at it until around midnight.
Breakfast was an ok continental style breakfast. For the price we expected a little cleaner, nicer place.

Room Tip: Choose the 2nd floor so you don't have to deal with ignorant a-holes running aroun dlate into the night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mark s

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Very friendly, great price and nicely cleaned. No complaints here, we would happily stay again. The Desk staff were happy to advise where to eat and offer discount vouchers. Air conditioning was a bit noisy but not bad enough to ruin our sleep

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank 232Heather
funlover11, General Manager at Simplicity Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Kind Regards,