“Scarey!”
Review of Hershey Travel Inn

Hershey Travel Inn
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My sister and I made reservations about two hours before arriving. We arrived, signed in, got the keys and went to room. The room smelled so bad! We looked at each other and went to office to tell proprietor the room smelled. He got very angry and told us he couldn't believe that. He showed us another room. It was a little brighter but still smelly. We were creeped out by then. We told him we wanted our money back. He said no. We should have known. The cost for room was very cheap. When it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. We drove up the street and got a room somewhere else.

3  Thank Cndie
There are newer reviews for Hershey Travel Inn

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My cousin booked this hotel and it was horrible. It looks like it was built in the 50's and still has all the original furniture, including the nasty carpet. The water backed up in the bathtub so that you ended up standing ankle to calf deep in dirty water. It took hours to drain before the next person could shower then they got the same thing. When brought to the managers attention, they implied that we turned the knob the wrong way and they would now have to call a plumber -- but not before we left. There were bugs in the bathroom and I'm sure the room. The beds were horrible and the pillows were even worse. There are no hotel shampoo's, etc. Forget about coffee or breakfast. The office is a small room and good luck getting someone. The room is really small with poor lighting and the television was old, not flat pannel or digital at all -- huge! On the positive, there is cable. The linens were old and nasty looking; the towels were really small and not soft at all. I've stayed in tents that were cleaner and nicer than this place. Aside from cable, the only other positives were the price and location to the park. I rate this a ZERO!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. There is no pool, fitness, etc. - no amenities at all and the rooms are h...
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 25 July 2013

BOOK A DIFFERENT HOTEL!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THESE PICTURES!!! The ONLY good thing about this hotel is that it is only a few minutes away. The beds are horrible and about 6 inches from the wall! Be sure to take your own shampoo and soap. What they provide are somewhat like ketchup packets and its dries our you hair instantly AND you have a soapy film all over your body! The owners don't even have a full time person at the desk. You have to ring a bell, and BE CAREFUL when you do because she may come out in a nightgown like she did when I went to the office!!! This is NOT a hotel for a family or anyone for that matter. Better to go up the street to a Hampton Inn (I think) for $25.00 more per night and you get a continental breakfast there, as well!!! The rroms are soooo small!!! I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: extremely small rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Steve517
Reviewed 10 July 2013

For $100.00 plus( with tax) it was one of the worst parts of my vacation. Talking about dumpster! There were bugs in the pillow case and flys we're everywhere. The attitude of the staff was horrible. I actually had to leave and stayed at another motel. When I complained to the manager/owner he shrugged his shoulders and offered no type of comfort. Don't do it to yourself stay in your car. I'm sure it's cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

By far the worst place I have EVER stayed. The room smelled terrible. It was dirty and disgusting. The room was so small-one bed was 6 inches from the bathroom door. Nasty old blankets on beds. The room filled with bugs because I had to leave the door open to try and air out the smell. Too make matters worse I booked 2 nights online ($200/night) and had to stay because they were charging me whether we stayed or not. I took plenty of pics & complaining to the manager does no good. She threatened me with a lawsuit if I post the pictures. I can only guess they don't want people to see what this place really looks like!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
7  Thank 716bet
Reviewed 6 July 2013

me and my friend went to hershey to see a one direction concert. Every hotel was booked but this one. it was 200$ a night they said so we thought it was a decent hotel. We pulled into the parking lot and thought we were going to be murdered. The owner took us to a dark alley and our room was there. the outside was moldy and rusting. we walked in and their were flying around and the smell was unbearable. the bathrrom had mold and rust and the toilet had rust and was unclean. there were uncleaned plates in the sink.. the floor was unstable. there were bed bugs everywhere. sleep in your car. there were banging noises outside. it was the worst experience of my life.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Camilla J
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This place is disgusting - contacting the BBB. We arrived and the wife at the desk showed us to our room. Its smells so bad...curry and old moldy smell. Was holding my nose. My daughter and i left right away and started to look around for another hotel. We came back 90 min later and explained we didnt feel safe and it was very unclean. The husband then arrived and started yelling that I thought we were better than him and his family - because they live there. I took pictures of the back of the rooms - plastic over doors and window - NO GLASS! This place is disgusting. Even though we left and went to a better place - they refused to reimburse us even for the following day.

Room Tip: do not book this filty place
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family