“Terrible rent somewhere else! Very scary!”
Review of Hershey Travel Inn

Hershey Travel Inn
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We rented in July due to the closeness to the park and the value seem reasonable. This was the worst hotel we ever stayed at! The room smelled had bugs and the shower was so dirty we didn't even use it. The shower had mold and was filthy. We chose to shower outside at Hersey Park rather than in that filthy shower. When we complained to the front desk clerk he yelled and screamed at us. Our kids were scared and did not want to stay there! The front door was rotted and wouldn't close correctly. The windows were broke and the room was just filthy. The exterior of the building was also run down. I can't believe they are even able to rent the rooms the place should be Condemned. Stay outside in a tent or in your car it's nicer and safer! The place is a total dump!!! Please knock it down and make more parking for the run down mechanic shop next door! Do yourself a favor rent someplace else!

• Stayed: July 2013
12  Thank Haddon74

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We booked this thorugh expedia and didn't actually stay. The place was so bad we just gave up and found another hotel with vacancy. The room was covered in grime, the siding was samashed in many places. To top it off, they will not refund any part of your cost even if you check out early (couple that with the hourly rates and you get the idea)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Matthew V
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My sister and I made reservations about two hours before arriving. We arrived, signed in, got the keys and went to room. The room smelled so bad! We looked at each other and went to office to tell proprietor the room smelled. He got very angry and told us he couldn't believe that. He showed us another room. It was a little brighter but still smelly. We were creeped out by then. We told him we wanted our money back. He said no. We should have known. The cost for room was very cheap. When it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. We drove up the street and got a room somewhere else.

3  Thank Cndie
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My cousin booked this hotel and it was horrible. It looks like it was built in the 50's and still has all the original furniture, including the nasty carpet. The water backed up in the bathtub so that you ended up standing ankle to calf deep in dirty water. It took hours to drain before the next person could shower then they got the same thing. When brought to the managers attention, they implied that we turned the knob the wrong way and they would now have to call a plumber -- but not before we left. There were bugs in the bathroom and I'm sure the room. The beds were horrible and the pillows were even worse. There are no hotel shampoo's, etc. Forget about coffee or breakfast. The office is a small room and good luck getting someone. The room is really small with poor lighting and the television was old, not flat pannel or digital at all -- huge! On the positive, there is cable. The linens were old and nasty looking; the towels were really small and not soft at all. I've stayed in tents that were cleaner and nicer than this place. Aside from cable, the only other positives were the price and location to the park. I rate this a ZERO!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. There is no pool, fitness, etc. - no amenities at all and the rooms are h...
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 25 July 2013

BOOK A DIFFERENT HOTEL!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THESE PICTURES!!! The ONLY good thing about this hotel is that it is only a few minutes away. The beds are horrible and about 6 inches from the wall! Be sure to take your own shampoo and soap. What they provide are somewhat like ketchup packets and its dries our you hair instantly AND you have a soapy film all over your body! The owners don't even have a full time person at the desk. You have to ring a bell, and BE CAREFUL when you do because she may come out in a nightgown like she did when I went to the office!!! This is NOT a hotel for a family or anyone for that matter. Better to go up the street to a Hampton Inn (I think) for $25.00 more per night and you get a continental breakfast there, as well!!! The rroms are soooo small!!! I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: extremely small rooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Steve517
Reviewed 10 July 2013

For $100.00 plus( with tax) it was one of the worst parts of my vacation. Talking about dumpster! There were bugs in the pillow case and flys we're everywhere. The attitude of the staff was horrible. I actually had to leave and stayed at another motel. When I complained to the manager/owner he shrugged his shoulders and offered no type of comfort. Don't do it to yourself stay in your car. I'm sure it's cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

By far the worst place I have EVER stayed. The room smelled terrible. It was dirty and disgusting. The room was so small-one bed was 6 inches from the bathroom door. Nasty old blankets on beds. The room filled with bugs because I had to leave the door open to try and air out the smell. Too make matters worse I booked 2 nights online ($200/night) and had to stay because they were charging me whether we stayed or not. I took plenty of pics & complaining to the manager does no good. She threatened me with a lawsuit if I post the pictures. I can only guess they don't want people to see what this place really looks like!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
7  Thank 716bet