“An amazing place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holicong
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Holicong B&B and Inns
Manassas, Virginia
“An amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there in November 2011 and we had a wonderful time. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We stayed in the converted barn in the To the ladies suite and it was very nice. The bed was so comfortable. My boyfriend and I both commented that we had never slept in such a comfortable bed before. The suite had a nice kitchen which would've been nice, if we had stayed there longer than just one night so we never had a chance to use it. The suite also had a nice deck but since it was November it was way too cold for us to enjoy it. The grounds were very beautiful. The breakfast was amazing!!! The only complaint I have is that the jacuzzi was in a weird place but we still enjoyed it. If anyone has the opportunity to stay here I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chickiebabie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I dont know a word bigger than OUTSTANDING!!!!!
I am a lifelong Doylestown resident and had never been to Barley Sheaf Farm.

I recently hosted my niece's bridal shower at the Inn. The entire process was fabulous!
Fred worked with me and my family to plan each detail and provide exceptional advice.
He is truly an authentic gentleman and scholar. Fred was the reason I selected BSF....I knew that he cared about what I was trying to accomplish, and he would do everything to be sure that I would not be disappointed!

The Chef - Tom- made all of our " luncheon dreams come true"! The meal was delicious and the presentation delightful - no small feat for my family!!! Byron and Margret made the event like a fairy tale for my niece. They were welcoming, gracious and anticipated every need of our guests...they made us feel as if we were personal guests in their own home!

It needs no mention that the grounds are stunning - and we had the most glorious day in May for our event..but the truth is ....it could have been a monsoon outside- and I am certain, that because of the talented and caring folks at Barley Sheaf-it still would have been a wonderful event and a memory that we hold dear in our hearts forever.

Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We lost the wedding venue for our only daughter's 2 weeks before the wedding. We were able to move the whole wedding to the beautiful Inn at Barley Sheaf. The staff (especially Byron) could not be more accomodating and helpful. Kristen (the Estate Manager) and Fred (the Event Manager) anticipated our every need and produced the most delightful, enjoyable and memorable wedding-and all in 2 weeks time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
North Jersey
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Got a great rate on a recent visit. The inn has many rooms to choose from, the staff was kind enough to show us the available rooms before actually booking a room. We ended up staying in the Dancing in the Dark room. Staff is super friendly in all aspects. Nice place to relax went out to Peddlers Village, Lambertville and New Hope during visit. Steam Shower is cool once you figure out to use it. TV in room was too small and saw about 5 dead stink bugs in the room and out in the hallway. It didn’t gross me out since I’ve seen them before, just picked them up and tossed in the trash but worth mentioning. Breakfast was awesome; we don’t eat much so I felt bad ordering such simple items. The chef seemed to be of Food Network caliber and deserved better requests than what we ordered. They have a decent selection of DVDs to choose from. They have a small selection of books to choose from as well, but nothing recently published. Wireless internet is also included in the rate. Nice quiet grounds to walk around as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MisterPatel
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We hosted a Dec. 3, 2011 wedding reception for our daughter and son-in-law that got RAVE reviews. It was decorated for Christmas and we didn't have to buy one single flower for the event. Part of the magic was dealing for a month plus in advance with their event planner- Fred Cresson. Prince of a man. The food was fabulous, staff couldn't have been more flexible or welcoming. We had dietary restrictions and all needs were delightfully met. We used a tent that could have had more heaters but our group was charmed with the inside. Several folks used pictures on their Christmas cards.They set up lite torches outside and a fire pit/orb for the fellas to enjoy a cigar. 5 couples stayed the night and each room is uniquely its own and well appointed. Plus enjoyed their FABULOUS Sunday (champagne) brunch. Gorgeous location. This goes on the A+ list!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Where do I start. I have such a hard time with leaving mediocre/average or poor reviews of businesses, especially local businesses in this economy. I am fair and honest and non-confrontational. I looked at some of the prior reviews and felt that some of the reviews left no longer apply to the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm and feel like the staff/owners made efforts to improve previously stated negative/mediocre concerns in past reviews.

I have stayed at many Select Registries (as this is one on the Select Registry list/website). Select Registry has consistently been our go-to for locating top notch, luxurious vacation lodging. I also love Conde Nast. In addition to inns or bed and breakfasts I have also the chance to stay at some very nice hotels.

That being said, I feel like I have a good sampling base to go by when I go about my review for an inn that charged us $400/night (we stayed two nights and had dinner there, as well as breakfast both days) - dinner was extra and breakfast is included.

We were there for New Year's Eve so it was a very busy night the second night we stayed there. More specifically, we stayed in the Bagger On Horseback Suite

Pros:
The Breakfast: as everyone previously stated, was amazing. The food was great and the service was top-notch. My only negative is breakfast was the same two days in a row on a weekend. It didn't leave much to experience the second day.

The Staff: they were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful when it came for suggestions of local attractions and spots.

This historical charm and decor. I liked the way they decorated and felt that the grounds were nicely maintained.

CONS:
The timing of the New Year's Eve Dinner - they gave us our toasting champagne glass and dessert at 10ish and when we finished said "you are free to go, if you want". I was expecting the dinner to be a celebration into the new year as I have experienced at other fine dinning establishments.

Our room was not a $400/night room. It was okay. But the bed (as previously noted in other reviews) was terrible. I honestly had a better night sleep on the couch rather than the king size bed (I ditched my husband to be more comfortable and closer to the bathroom). The whirlpool tub is nice but in a terrible location and very dark - they should either consider dimmer switch lighting or electric candles or something. Plus at the end of the New Year's Eve dinner I wanted to take a bath (my husband has no interest so it's not "TMI") but there was no hot water. The other annoying thing about our suite, specifically, was the bathroom was on the first floor and the bedroom on the second floor - for a 5 month pregnant person who gets up and uses the bathroom several times a night, this was really super annoying and I feel it is worth mentioning on the website.

Staff: the first night we did not get turndown service, I did not know that they did turn down service until the second night when they made up the bed and put cookies on the bed. At no point in our stay did they replenish the complimentary beverages in our fridge (I drank the sprite/root beer they had in their the first night), the did not replenish the toiletries either at turn-down or at any point during their daily housekeeping, they did not replace our towels. Nor do they give you two soaps so you need to wash your hands with the same soap you used in the shower. I feel like the staff should be consistent on turndown service (do it or don't do it but mention you are doing it - we didn't know they were going to do it and would have put away our laptop, camera, purse, etc).......and housekeeping should replenish towels, toiletries daily unless you specifically make it clear you are not doing that on a daily basis.

NOW THE BEST/WORST PART
The couple staying in the suite next to us.....well no wonder the girl was smoking a cigarette on her deck the next morning. 11:30 pm I hear squeaking bed and then "OH GOD! OH GOD! F*** YEAH...." then a variety of moans and words from the couple until 11:45. But it was in full on stereo, like we were in their room.
Then 2:15am rolls around (I am thinking geez louise these people are animals!) - I honestly do not care what people do in their room, I would like it to remain that way. Especially at a $400/night place. So 2:15 rolls around and I get the same parade of words (my husband was completely asleep in a wine-induced sleep - I can't drink wine or I would have been in the same coma)....UGH seriously could they put up insulation or a sound machine in our room....then SERIOUSLY it goes on again at 4:30 am - but at this point I am laying downstairs on the couch and I can still hear it, despite being on a different floor. Then again we heard it before breakfast around 8:45 am. Fine, I don't care if you are all busy people. I personally, was looking to sleep in and sleep well all weekend.

All in all, I was disappointed and would unlikely suggest anyone pay to stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room that is pet free, I read the book in the room where you can leave comme...