“Fantastic Getaway Bed & Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holicong
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Holicong B&B and Inns
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Fantastic Getaway Bed & Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

What a beautiful location and property. My wife and I were just there for Columbus day weekend, have a relaxing time and to enjoy New Hope, PA. Overall, this is fantastic property and you really felt like you were away even if you only live about an hour or so from New Hope. The property itself is gorgeous, the room was terrific and included a jacuzzi and amazing steam shower. The people/staff were terrific as well. As always with anything, there is room for improvement and by that I mean that this Inn could really use some Investors who would provide the finances necessary for this Inn to add a restaurant and bar and maybe a few on site activities. They do have the space, as they have 30 acres and it was just a pleasure being in this atmosphere. Add a bar and 4-5 Star Restuarant and you might never need or want to leave. I'd highly recommend this place even if they did not add a bar/restaurant, (but they should)

Room Tip: Get the best room. You only live once. They are spacious and have the awesome Steam Shower and Jac...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I had our wedding here in June and we were very pleased with our overall experience. We had an evening ceremony on the grounds with about 40 guests in attendance. And, since the Inn has 16 rooms, most everyone stayed the night. We only had 2 spillover guests that went up the street to Peddlar's Village hotel, just a few miles away, and they were fine with that. The highlights included the staff (who were very easy to work with, super nice, and accommodating), the lush rooms, and the food which was superb. However, there were some downsides including the very high room rates (which did cause some awkward issues for our guests on a budget), the pool was unusable (not clean and dated) and the Inn's 10pm curfew due to a noise ordinance. On paper, the curfew didn't seem like it would be an issue (and we were aware of it ahead of time) but after the wedding some of guests did comment to us that it did put a damper on the overall experience with the abrupt end to the reception, as they wanted to dance longer into the evening. We did arrange for the use of a conf room at the Inn from 10pm-midnight with a bartender. But, it wasn't an ideal solution as it turns out. The room is small and musty (a pool table takes up a lot of the space) and not all our guests could fit. It also seemed to divide the younger and older guests. One final negative was that the Inn did offer a reduced rate to our guests the night before the wedding, which was nice b/c most of our guests were out of towners and came in early. But, they also scheduled a large retirement dinner on the grounds that same night. It was very awkward for us, as the Inn is very small and the dinner party was very loud (they spoke on a microphone late into the evening). They also took up the only usuable outdoor area that we had planned for our guests to relax on after our rehearsal dinner (and under the tent that I paid a lot of money to have put in for my wedding). Needless to say, we were not told about this ahead of time, so we were not able to make alternative plans to stay out longer. And, as the bride I was slightly embarrassed by this. Alas, I didn't expect the Inn to turn away business for our wedding, but just know that it could happen to your wedding too. In the end, I wouldn't let these negatives deter you from holding your wedding at the Barley Sheaf. Overall, everything turned out just fine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful weekend at The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm. From the warm reception upon arrival, to the unique and meticulous decor of each suite (the antique inspired furnishings are very special) you will be transported to a place of serenity and civility. Breakfast/Brunch was delicious and very accomodating--the chef is open to requests. The wine and cheese was a nice break in the afternoon. Location was very convenient, Peddler's Village was down the road, New Hope/Lambertville 5 miles away. Each area has shops and a variety of resturants. Many thanks to Mona, at the reception desk for being so gracious, and giving us a guided tour of the rooms and property. We are looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed August 2012
Boston
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at the Barley Sheaf Inn for just one night - it was a lovely experience. The "Once in a Lifetime" room was huge and the bathroom had a lovely jacuzzi in it. Bvlgari bath products just topped the experience along with the spa-like shower and steam facility.
The rooms were perfectly quiet for resting with nice blackout drapes. There is an enclosed pool that is pretty deep for chilling out outside. The made-to-order breakfast was amazing. The only complain is the queen sized bed. I wished they had more rooms in the main property that had king size beds. The staff was accomodating and wonderful - highly recommend.

Room Tip: Once in the lifetime room overlooks the garden and pool - it is not affected by noise as it is not s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerLXG
NYC
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I scored a rare child-free weekend, and after *extensive* research- we are self-proclaimed hotel snobs- I landed on The Inn at Barley Sheaf: what a blissful weekend. The property is gorgeous; sprawling and comfortable, located among farms and rolling hills. Our room (June Moon) could not have been more comfortable, ticking all of the boxes for what I believe makes a hotel room great: quiet, dark (when necessary), very comfortable bed, decadent toiletries (Bulgari), sumptuous towels (Frette), beverages when you need them, prompt room cleaning. We'll overlook the fact that the supposed 'turndown service' was non-existant- I don't happen to care about such things but I'm mentioning it in case you do. Breakfast downstairs was delicious and substantial, with champagne/mimosas, freshly squeezed orange juice, cooked-to-order entree, home-baked treats, fruit and yogurt- with friendly relaxed but attentive, Michelin-quality service.

Mona, who helps at the front desk, is lovely; incredibly personable, warm and helpful...and not an attitude in sight when NYC traffic had us arriving as late as nearly 11pm. I would have returned to the property for Mona alone, kid you not.

In sum: excellent stay at Barley Sheaf. A few less knicknacks, a bit of updating, and you'd safely find these guys in Relais Chateaux, I'd say.

Room Tip: June Moon was lovely but not particularly roomy. Other IaBSF rooms are considerably larger, some as...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there in November 2011 and we had a wonderful time. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We stayed in the converted barn in the To the ladies suite and it was very nice. The bed was so comfortable. My boyfriend and I both commented that we had never slept in such a comfortable bed before. The suite had a nice kitchen which would've been nice, if we had stayed there longer than just one night so we never had a chance to use it. The suite also had a nice deck but since it was November it was way too cold for us to enjoy it. The grounds were very beautiful. The breakfast was amazing!!! The only complaint I have is that the jacuzzi was in a weird place but we still enjoyed it. If anyone has the opportunity to stay here I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chickiebabie
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I dont know a word bigger than OUTSTANDING!!!!!
I am a lifelong Doylestown resident and had never been to Barley Sheaf Farm.

I recently hosted my niece's bridal shower at the Inn. The entire process was fabulous!
Fred worked with me and my family to plan each detail and provide exceptional advice.
He is truly an authentic gentleman and scholar. Fred was the reason I selected BSF....I knew that he cared about what I was trying to accomplish, and he would do everything to be sure that I would not be disappointed!

The Chef - Tom- made all of our " luncheon dreams come true"! The meal was delicious and the presentation delightful - no small feat for my family!!! Byron and Margret made the event like a fairy tale for my niece. They were welcoming, gracious and anticipated every need of our guests...they made us feel as if we were personal guests in their own home!

It needs no mention that the grounds are stunning - and we had the most glorious day in May for our event..but the truth is ....it could have been a monsoon outside- and I am certain, that because of the talented and caring folks at Barley Sheaf-it still would have been a wonderful event and a memory that we hold dear in our hearts forever.

Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holicong
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy

Been to The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm? Share your experiences!