“Great Night Away 3/1/14”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holicong
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Holicong B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Night Away 3/1/14”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My fiancee surprised me with a night away at The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm for valentines day and 5 year anniversary. At first I was very skeptical as I am not the bed and breakfast type and thought it would be weird to be in a strangers home. Everything was as described VERY clean, Well Kept, owners and managers on property and very friendly. Very nice breakfast and 4PM cheese and wine snack. Enjoyed seeing the mini horses and goats out at the farm. Winter was very nice and would love to see it in the summer time. Would definitely recommend to others!

Room Tip: June Moon Suite is very nice- Has jacuzzi- fairly small TV
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This bed & breakfast was the first I had ever been to and it surpassed my greatest expectations. My best friend and I are both mothers of 3 years olds and wanted to have some adult time with our friends and significant others, with that being said we had many things we requested and the woman who was doing our reservations was overly accommodating. In all actuality I had looked into this property and the suites already before we got there. Being that the suite I was considering booking for my best friends birthday weekend was vacant (The Man That Came To Dinner) and I was there I asked to see the room and the woman let me see it even though that was not the room I had reserved. While looking at it I in fact fell in love with it. I told her that I loved it and would love to stay there but was concerned with the price. I explained that I would love to stay there but wasn't sure I wanted to pay that price although I don't do anything for myself. She then told me I could upgrade to that suite for no additional cost! It was more than $100 difference from the room I would have ultimately stayed in out of the 2 I had reserved for us for the evening. We had a jacuzzi, beautiful sitting room with an amazing view that had windows everywhere and French doors, an amazing bed (I slept better there than I did at home due to my back problem that is usually not the case!) and the shower was just as nice as the other areas of the suite. The staff was so sweet, understanding and courteous. They seemed like they actually cared that we had a great stay! As I said before i slept wonderful and the next morning before checkout we had delicious breakfast from their onsite personal chef who was also as accommodating as the other staff! I will definitely return in the future! The only drawback was that we due to our same day reservations and not planning ahead we couldn't experience the spa services because we didn't arrange for it prior to our arrival! I just wish it was cheaper. Thank you BriarSheaf Inn for the great experience!

• Stayed January 2014
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Excellent establishment! Top notch service, accommodations and professional staffing. We were blown away by the breakfast! Ecellent attention to detail, right down to the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. We will definitely be returning and recommending this Bed and Breakfast to our friends, family and business associates!

Room Tip: The Opera room is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Garden City, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

On Friday, July 19th, in the middle of a 100º+ heat wave that had the whole Northeast wilting, we had scheduled a rehearsal dinner - actually a bar-be-cue - for our son and his bride-to-be. The staff at Barley Sheaf Farm, and in particular the owner and Fred, the events genius, could not have been more professional and completely unruffled. They set up the tables for 36 guests in the stunningly beautiful dining porch, which was air conditioned, and we had the whole downstairs to ourselves, so everyone had drinks and yummy hors in the living room, spreading into where the drinks were being served from a bar set up in the antique-paneled room off the dining porch. It was a perfect evening in every way - the barbecue was smoked and sauced and delicious, as were the accompanying fresh salads and (as a special surprise for my son and his fiance) homemade peach and cherry pies with ice cream. My husband and I had a spacious room, beautifully appointed, with a spa bathroom. It was all magical! Francine R.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Francine R
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We loved our stay at The Barley Sheaf. Upon arrival, we were offered a glass of champagne and taken to our suite. The furniture, decor and ambience took us back in time. Loved that you have the modern amenities but the old world feel. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained. We planned to go into New Hope but it would have been enjoyable to just relax at the inn. The pictures on the website are accurate and I found no fault with the operation. My massage with Christy was awesome!

Room Tip: The cottage suites have connecting doors which are nice if traveling with friends or family.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at the Barley Sheaf in late April/early May and it was delightful. We stayed in the Stage Door Room and it had a wonderful balcony facing out to the back yard and the swimming pool (too cool to swim sadly). The spring flowers had just started to bloom and the air was sweet! We sat in the sun on the balcony and enjoyed wine and cheese in the afternoons. We took part of one of their spa packages and felt really treated! The staff there is wonderful and friendly and refuse to let you lift a finger. You will really feel pampered when you stay here. I have nothing negative to say. There is ample parking and you can take a walk back on the grounds to see their pot belly pigs (really cute!) and miniature horses. The breakfasts are prepared fresh and there's a choice and they were always great! I was sad to leave!

Room Tip: I personally think the rooms on the back with the balconies are the best, but I don't think you...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lois P
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I had our wedding at Barley Sheaf it was truly a dream come true ! It was perfect in every way. The staff, grounds , decor , and over all experience was amazing. Our guest continue to compliment out pictures, and how fabulous our wedding was!

My husband and I spent 6 nights on the grounds the week after our wedding in one or the glorious suites. If you are looking for an unbelievable atmosphere to hold your special event we highly recommend The Inn at Barley Sheaf.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Jacki22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holicong
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy

Been to The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm? Share your experiences!