“Top notch staff. Great breakfast.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holicong
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Holicong B&B and Inns
Stow, Ohio
“Top notch staff. Great breakfast.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was in town for a motorcycle rally and stayed for three nights. (It was the 40th Anniversary of the BMW R90S.) Sometimes motorcyclists are not viewed in a favorable light but the folks at Barley Sheaf could not have been more accommodating. They even made room for me to park in their barn. They begged me to eat breakfast on Sunday even though I was leaving early. (it was wonderful). I stayed in "Beggar on Horseback" which is in the barn. It was quite nice and it reminded me of my grandfather's barn. Bottom line: This is a very nice place to stay with a GREAT staff. Don't miss the breakfast.

Room Tip: The barn is neat if you like a more rustic (but modern) accommodations. Antique furnishings add a gr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our experience at the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm was memorable, distinctive, natural and peaceful. The owners and the exemplary staff demonstrated empathy,sincerity, kindness, graciousness, and joie de vivre. Our entire family stayed at the Inn where we held the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding.......the attention to detail, the follow through, the fine dining, the refined goods and services were perfect. The Barley Sheaf Inn is distinctive...distinctive from all perspectives...and I can't even begin to name everyone on the staff who made our stay and our Rehearsal Dinner the most memorable and distinctive experience ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Where do I even start? We had our wedding at this facility. I will go through some details below, but if you don't want to read much, our day was perfect. I know that is used a lot to describe things, but I can honestly say I would not have changed one thing about my special day.

1. plan early. My wife went and went on tours of the area, and really liked the spot. I went back with her and we locked in a date. Advice, go early and book early, there is a reason the good dates go fast.

2. Planning. They know how to do weddings (and celebrations). We were assigned Jolene, she has been there a while, and wasn't bossy but steered us in the right direction.

3. Size. We had 60 at our wedding. The facility is perfect for 40 to 80 maybe. Our size happened to be perfect.

4. Room. Every room is different and for an old house, the rooms were huge. And clean.

5. Staff. They get 6 stars on a 5 star scale. Housekeeping. They know when you are out of your room and by the time you get back from breakfast, your room is refreshed. it's almost like magic. Wait staff. Take care of all needs. Chef. Unbelievable. The taste is great and portion sizes are perfect. Grounds. Immaculate, well taken care of.

The only bad thing i can say is a few people drove by the entrance because it's on a state highway and not in a town, so it's hard to explain exactly where to turn. No one missed the wedding though!

So wether its a wedding or just a weekend getaway for a couple, i can HIGHLY recommend this gem a bit out of Philadelphia

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I just returned from a retreat from my company and it was a magical place. From the moment you pull in the long drive you know it's a different sort of place. The courtyard and fountain divide the manor, cottages and barn.

I recommend the manor if you want the estate feel, though the "barn" accommodations are spacious. Since my company had the entire estate for four days I was able to view several of the rooms. My favorite was called "The Man Who Came To Dinner."

The grounds are very well kept, and I did not grow bored while there. (And I am a restless sort and usually do want to leave an inn. Not this place.)

The staff are great too. Mona is the manager, and the new owners Deena and her husband went out of their way to accommodate me, and the group I was with. They were always gracious and made me feel very welcome.

I will return next year with my spouse. In a world full of special places, this one rates very high. It is peaceful, elegant, but not pretentious.

Room Tip: Every room is good, but the manor has the best rooms over looking the rear garden and the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mont Clare, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we were on our way to this Gem-of-an-INN, the GPS could not find it very well, but after we called, a RAINBOW came out and as we followed it to its end, we found the INN...!?! Very serene and beautiful setting and although the menu was not extensive, it was very good. My Lady had the Chicken Breast with kale and fingerling potatoes and I had a Ribeye w/fingerling & scallions. Hers was sumptuous and quite good, but my steak was a tad overdone, dry and tough...I'm glad it at least was tasty though...But hardly worth $36 in my opinion....The chocolate covered peanut butter mousse was excellent as well as their signature lil' delisioso tray....Nice it's a BYO and the service was very attentive other than having to wait a long time for our entree to come out, which is typically, a kitchen problem....Not sure we would return...!?!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
boston, ma
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have fallen in love with this inn. I have done a lot of traveling, and this is one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed. The rooms are spectacular--each one is different and more glorious than the next. The setting is so peaceful and inviting, and best of all, the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have the best stay possible. I could not recommend more highly.

Room Tip: Every one is different--I would call and book directly so you can go over your options.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My fiancee surprised me with a night away at The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm for valentines day and 5 year anniversary. At first I was very skeptical as I am not the bed and breakfast type and thought it would be weird to be in a strangers home. Everything was as described VERY clean, Well Kept, owners and managers on property and very friendly. Very nice breakfast and 4PM cheese and wine snack. Enjoyed seeing the mini horses and goats out at the farm. Winter was very nice and would love to see it in the summer time. Would definitely recommend to others!

Room Tip: June Moon Suite is very nice- Has jacuzzi- fairly small TV
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holicong
Homewood Suites by Hilton Doylestown
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
Bridgeton House on the Delaware
#1 of 1 in Upper Black Eddy

Been to The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm? Share your experiences!