“Our quintessential Bucks County wedding experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holicong
The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Holicong B&B and Inns
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Our quintessential Bucks County wedding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I cannot recommend Barley Sheaf highly enough! My daughter's wedding reception was held there on Sunday, August 17, 2014. The barn is a fabulously gorgeous venue for eating (food was delicious! Could not get enough of the brisket!), dancing, and conversation. We were extremely fortunate to have outstanding weather, so the outside seating and lawn areas were filled with our guests and the little children who attended. The room where the bridal party prepared for the wedding (The Man Who Came to Dinner) was so lovely! Three big rooms plus a balcony, and my daughter and son-in-law had the most fabulous breakfast the next morning. I have also eaten at the Barley Sheaf on several occasions other than this wedding. The food is impeccable. Portions are small but absolutely outstanding. It's also BYOB, so that makes me happy:) The scenery, the service, the food, the rooms are beyond excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Beth_A_M_57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My company rented the entire property for a company retreat. I checked out the Inn online after the arrangements were made and thought it looked nice enough. However, upon our arrival, I was really blown away and couldn't believe we were being treated to such a stately and elegant experience.

The long approach down the driveway really sets the stage. We were met by a picturesque fountain (complete with cherubs) and and a beautiful Manor House that is in perfect harmony with the surrounding area (which is a much more interesting corner of the Northeast than I've ever seen). We were all assigned different rooms and later discovered (on a room-by-room company tour) that each one is special in its own way. My room, Dancing in the Dark, made me feel like Marie Antoinette. If I came back, I'd love to stay in Hello Sweetheart, with its cavelike bathroom, which was the envy of our group.

The pastoral grounds are absolutely dreamy and the pair of on-site miniature horses were adorable. We loved the pool and the meadow behind the barn where we did a group improv activity.

Dinner was served to us in the dining room and the food and service were both exquisite. Scallops, duck breast, halibut, lamb... there was something for everyone (including the vegans). Presentation was beautiful and we all left very satisfied.

My only complaint was the lack of ghosts for such an old and historic place. I had been hoping for a haunting, alas, got a perfectly undisturbed night of sleep. Also, it is really a very romantic setting, which was perhaps wasted on us as bunch of colleagues. Based on the in-suite guest journals, the Barley Sheaf is an no-brainer when it comes to an anniversary destination. I would love to go back for my own.

Room Tip: Manor House suites are great for design-lovers and antique enthusiasts. The barn rooms are a little...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Inn was gorgeous with wonderfully cared for grounds and the service was graciously friendly but not at all intrusive. The moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and the antique charm and character of the Inn was comfortable and relaxing. We had an amazing dinner in the restaurant with fresh farm to table menu items followed by complimentary dessert candies. Our room was clean, well appointed and the double jacuzzi tub was just perfect. I cannot think of anything about our stay that I would change, everything was lovely.

Room Tip: We stayed in the No Place To Go room on the third floor which has a sun porch with a (private) two p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

A year ago, my wife and I decided to have our wedding at The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm, and we were fortunate to celebrate our 1st anniversary there as well. We plan on celebrating every anniversary, as well as any other excuse we can find, by enjoying this exceptional place. We love it more than can be expressed in this review.

The staff is amazing. They are all so sincerely welcoming, that you really feel like a personal guest... More than just a customer. The breakfast is delicious... We made it a point to try everything on the menu and not a bad note could be found. The grounds are beautiful. The long tree lined path offset the property from the road and make it feel completely secluded and serene. At night, fireflies light up the trees and the grass surrounding the property creating a vista that my wife repeatedly called "magical".

As far as a weekend getaway, Barley Sheaf is a perfect peaceful retreat. As far as holding an event, the Barley Sheaf staff helped us host an amazing wedding weekend for our guests.

I could not recommend The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm more highly. My wife and I can not imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.

Room Tip: Each room is unique... Best to explore the pictures of each to decide which suits your style more.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was in town for a motorcycle rally and stayed for three nights. (It was the 40th Anniversary of the BMW R90S.) Sometimes motorcyclists are not viewed in a favorable light but the folks at Barley Sheaf could not have been more accommodating. They even made room for me to park in their barn. They begged me to eat breakfast on Sunday even though I was leaving early. (it was wonderful). I stayed in "Beggar on Horseback" which is in the barn. It was quite nice and it reminded me of my grandfather's barn. Bottom line: This is a very nice place to stay with a GREAT staff. Don't miss the breakfast.

Room Tip: The barn is neat if you like a more rustic (but modern) accommodations. Antique furnishings add a gr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our experience at the Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm was memorable, distinctive, natural and peaceful. The owners and the exemplary staff demonstrated empathy,sincerity, kindness, graciousness, and joie de vivre. Our entire family stayed at the Inn where we held the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding.......the attention to detail, the follow through, the fine dining, the refined goods and services were perfect. The Barley Sheaf Inn is distinctive...distinctive from all perspectives...and I can't even begin to name everyone on the staff who made our stay and our Rehearsal Dinner the most memorable and distinctive experience ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Where do I even start? We had our wedding at this facility. I will go through some details below, but if you don't want to read much, our day was perfect. I know that is used a lot to describe things, but I can honestly say I would not have changed one thing about my special day.

1. plan early. My wife went and went on tours of the area, and really liked the spot. I went back with her and we locked in a date. Advice, go early and book early, there is a reason the good dates go fast.

2. Planning. They know how to do weddings (and celebrations). We were assigned Jolene, she has been there a while, and wasn't bossy but steered us in the right direction.

3. Size. We had 60 at our wedding. The facility is perfect for 40 to 80 maybe. Our size happened to be perfect.

4. Room. Every room is different and for an old house, the rooms were huge. And clean.

5. Staff. They get 6 stars on a 5 star scale. Housekeeping. They know when you are out of your room and by the time you get back from breakfast, your room is refreshed. it's almost like magic. Wait staff. Take care of all needs. Chef. Unbelievable. The taste is great and portion sizes are perfect. Grounds. Immaculate, well taken care of.

The only bad thing i can say is a few people drove by the entrance because it's on a state highway and not in a town, so it's hard to explain exactly where to turn. No one missed the wedding though!

So wether its a wedding or just a weekend getaway for a couple, i can HIGHLY recommend this gem a bit out of Philadelphia

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holicong
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
#2 of 2 in Warrington
Lambertville Station Inn
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville

Been to The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm? Share your experiences!