“Pub grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went during TT week, the food was very average. I had roast dinner and it was around £11 and nothing special

1  Thank Jayne S

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Four of us holidaying ate here after watching the races on Tuesday at the Creg and we all ordered different dishes. Have to say everyone of us cleared our plates. Lovely pub, delicious food with friendly helpful staff. Highly recommend an will definitely visit again next year.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food good friendly service from staff who couldn't be more helpful even got some toys out for my grandchildren to play with 100% recommend this place

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I suppose the main problem I have with this pub is the wait to be served at the bar for drinks and food. And I wasn't the only person kept waiting. There was only one young man taking orders and it seemed to take an inordinate time for him to become available to take my order........and I was, at that time, the only person in the pub waiting. I watched carefully and after a few minutes others entered the pub and they too had to wait ages to place an order. There seemed to be no real reason for the delay either.
Once ordered however, the food arrived quite quickly.
But it was hardly worth waiting for. My wife's fish and chips she pronounced tasteless and greasy and my Loughton Lamb Pie had a very strange taste to it.
Ah well. TT week is coming and maybe the service will improve by then-it had better otherwise they will have a riot on their hands!

2  Thank BrianElliott1
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I visited on a wet Saturday afternoon in February. There was a real fire blazing in the bar which gave a warm welcome. I had a meal from their 2 for £10 menu and wondered if it would be enough - but it was just right for lunch. Well cooked, fresh vegetables and followed by a sticky toffee pudding to die for. The service was friendly, you have to order at the bar but then they bring everything to you. Nice table cloths in the lounge gave things a homely feel without being to formal. I've seen other reviews and agree with zanyjane. If you go expecting a classy restaurant you will be disappointed. But if you're looking for a pub you should be pleasantly surprised.

2  Thank Manxman2014