“Noisey”

Blue Dust
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pgh., PA
“Noisey”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Friday dinner: crowded, very busy, unable to have a conversation with my date. Service was prompt and efficient. Ordered stuffed pepper with lamb and bacon. Could not find or taste the bacon but it tasted okay but disappointing. For$15, I expected a whole pepper and not half of one. Served with corn chips?? My friend has crab meat on Italian bread. The sandwich was good but for $12 the slices of bread could have been bigger. However, the homemade cole slaw was exceptional.Slathered in a vinegar-oil dressing, it was most extraordinary. Would I go back? Possibly for lunch with a girl friend.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pgh_PAGjc

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Get the Crab Curry Bisque!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beer bar and gastropub located at the current entrance to the Waterfront shopping area and the former entrance to the Homestead Steel Works.They have a wide selection of beer. Small menu - We tried the Surf & Turf sandwich which was crab and brisket. It was OK. We also tried just the crab sandwich which was OK. Definitely real crab, but it was just missing something. It was rather 1 note and needed a sauce or perhaps a cheese addition to make it. The smoked drumsticks were OK, not as flavorful as we would have preferred. The IPAs and the other selections are what you go for here. THE CRAB CURRY BISQUE however is what I would return for hands down!! Unique, full of not only flavor, but crab like I never seen in a soup. The single thing I would base a return visit on. Don't miss it if you stop by,

• Visited July 2014
PA
“Fantastic Food & Beer Selection!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

There is nothing crappy about this place except for maybe the acoustics. The have no crappy beer on tap and the food is amazing! Not your typical bar food! Worth the visit IMO!

My only gripe is that they could use some sound absorption as it can get VERY loud just from patrons talking! Maybe I just have sensitive ears...but I love their food enough to have gone back more than once! :)

• Visited July 2014
Philadelphia
“Quirky, fun, good food!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice menu and attentive service! We both had salads which were terrific - tasty and well-prepared. I wish there were more gluten free options!

Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I am only rating their Beer and Oyster Festival”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Since this event doesn't have its own page to rate, I will do it here. It is held by the restaurant anyway...

I was excited to ready about this festival since I have been in the Blue Dust a few times and they like good food and good beer. I love oysters and the Web page claimed that they will be serving up some of the best. So, the wife and I went. And it was a mistake. Luckily, everything was a la carte, so we didn't get stuck with a big admission fee.

This was held under a bridge. On one end, a band played and on the other, trains constantly rolled by. We were paralyzed by the chaos of clashing noise. Couldn't really even talk to each other. Seemed like others were feeling the same.

The oysters were a joke. They were tiny and they were 3 for $5. I am pretty sure oysters at area seafood places are cheaper (and they are definitely better). Seems like they just bought a bunch of random oysters and called it a festival.

There was on OK selection of beer, but it was $5 for what was maybe a 12 oz. glass. Might as well go over to the bar where it is a pint for a little more and you get it in a real glass.

Bottom line is that the experience was no better then sitting in a restaurant and this seemed like a money grab. Or a platform for something I wasn't interested in.

Sorry to the Blue Dust. I generally like your place, but this was a fail.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Blue Dust? Share your experiences!