“Way beyond expectations”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great staff, location and service. Highly recommend this hotel for those visiting Pittsburgh area. Excellent value and recommend requesting river view. We had two rooms for our immediate family and relatives had another room. All of us were extremely happy we chose this hotel and location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this Hampton Inn and Suites for a long weekend mini-vacation with local extended family. I can't say enough about the awesome front desk staff - very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay. We stayed in a 3rd floor river-view suite which was quite spacious, nicely decorated, quiet and very comfortable. The hotel is well maintained throughout, rooms are spotlessly clean - with an excellent, friendly housekeeping staff The breakfast bar had good variety and the facility felt safe and secure. The convenient location is in walking distance proximity to the Waterfront complex with an array of shopping and dining options. Even relaxing in the suite - just watching the barges and boats go down the river was enjoyable. We highly recommend this location and plan to return.

Room Tip: I recommend the river view. It's lovely. No restaurant on site -- however lots of options right...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We are staying at this hotel this weekend for a graduation party. From the moment we checked in, we could not have ben more impressed. The rooms are spotless, the common areas well-appointed and cozy. The location is very convenient, being close to many restaurant choices and a grocery store too as well.

Breakfast this morning was well-prepared, and the staff go out of their way to be helpful and warm. I saw someone in the kitchen helping a man with some advice on how take some beverages up to his children. That is service.

If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay while visiting Pittsburgh, look no further. Thank you for running such a fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: While the river is lovely, the scenery is pretty bland. I think the city view rooms are more intere...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My best friend and I visited Pittsburgh to celebrate our 60th birthdays. We stayed at the Hampton West Homestead to be close to the IMPROV, because we had tickets to see our favorite comedian, Craig Shoemaker. We were VERY pleasantly surprised when we arrived to see how close the hotel was to dining, shopping and the comedy club. The hotel was awesome.......very clean and up-to-date! Our room was HUGE and the entire staff that we encountered was friendly and very helpful. The comp breakfast was delicious, especially the make-your-own belgium waffles!! We will definitely stay at this hotel again next time we visit Pittsburgh!! THANKS to everyone who made our birthday celebration one to remember!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Usually you think you know what to expect at a chain like this. Were we wrong! Our group of 8 adults reserved 3 suites for a weekend in May. My 87 year old parents loved their very spacious, accessible room.......calling it the party room. The room was pristine, right down to the filters on the HVAC unit (call me picky, but I always check these). Our other two suites were immaculate as well. Each had a huge HD tv that swivels so it can be seen in any direction.
All of the king size beds were very comfortable and had nice linens. The lucky ones that got the pull out queen size sofabeds said they were comfortable and had no complaints. Each room was equipped with a mini frig, microwave and coffeemaker. We used them all.
The staff was very nice and gladly handled any request. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of food and was available in a large sunfilled room.
A couple of nice surprises: freshly baked cookies, still warm, in the afternoons and breakfast to go bags ready and waiting for those that needed them.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We loved the river view from our rooms and the very close proximity of shops and restaurants, literally just steps from the hotel. The location is also good......about a 15 minute drive....from Carnegie Mellon and Pitt.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a business traveler I love this hotel. The location is stunning on the Monogahela River and the convenience of being situated next to a dozen restaurants makes it easy to avoid having to navigate an unfamiliar city. I also like the location of being in the former footprint of an old steel factory with the huge blast furnace chimneys still standing 100+ feet high.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked 2 nights at this hotel after reading excellent reviews on trip advisor. One review said to ask for waterfront view and that they have microwave and mini fridge in the room. I booked a standard room and when I arrived from the airport at around 6 pm, I was greeted by a very friendly and courteous young lady at the front desk. I asked for a waterfront view and asked for a room with microwave and fridge. She told me that only the suites have a microwave and fridge. I said that's ok I will keep the standard room. She gave me a bottle of water and the magnetic key to the room. When I went up to the room, much to my surprise I had a standard room with a parking lot view. Realizing she must have made a mistake I returned back to the front desk. She apologized saying she thought I had asked for a bottle of water when I had asked for waterfront view. She then told me she will give me a free upgrade if I don't mind double Queen beds instead of 1 king size bed. I gladly accepted the upgrade which was a beautiful large and clean suite on the 4th floor with microwave and fridge. It felt more like a small apt then a room and the mattress was very comfortable and there was a large screen tv as well as sofas and long writing desk. During my stay I was always greeted at the front desk by very courteous staff. The gym had all the equipment I needed for my workout and the pool looked clean and well maintained although I did not swim during my stay. Breakfast was included with the room, and although I did not eat there because of my strict dietary requirements, I was able to buy food and store it in the fridge. All in all an excellent hotel and I would definitely return there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Southside Flats
HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead? Share your experiences!