“Can't Expect More From an Amusement Center, I Guess”
Review of Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We arrived at 3:00 on a Friday, and the place was empty. But it took 20 minutes to get our drinks, and another 40 minutes for the food. The food was so-so, but I guess that isn't their strong point - it's the games. We had selected one of the gaming packages, and the check split out the cost of the food and beverages from the gaming cards so we could more easily calculate the tip - a nice feature.
We weren't disappointed with most of the games we played. They also allow one free plays on some of their new games to showcase them. When one game didn't dispense the requisite award tickets, a staff member arrived in less than 30 seconds after flicking the "problem switch." and fixed the problem. Men's room was clean, but the women in our party complained that the Women's Room reeked of urine.

1  Thank PatP905

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've eaten at Dave and Buster's several times, and the food has always just been okay. They have an eat-play-win combo which gets your some game chips to use in the arcade. The arcade is the best reason to go. It's fun if you go at the right time of day when the place isn't swarming with unattended children (the place is supposed to be geared towards adults, hence the bar in the arcade). Signing up for their email gets you some good coupons to use to get chips for your game card, otherwise playing the games gets very pricy. Overall it's a good time, especially when they get new games every so often.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is great place for girls night out because they have a great happy hours and food special along with games which you can do for lest than $25 per person

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Love Dave and Buster's - fun light hearted fun. Never a complaint - if a machine breaks the workers are always available to fix it. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Came in here on a Sunday afternoon after eating at another Waterfront establishment. Kids just wanted to spend some time here. Being it was my first time here, I stopped at the host counter to tell the 2 girls we were just here for drinks and to have the kids play.( Being there are 2 sides of this restaurant, I didnt know the seating arrangements or policy). They looked at each other like I was some kind if idiot and smirked and told us where we could sit in the game area. First thing, Husband and I did was stop at the bar to order a drink while we looked for a seat. The cocky bald bartender (that looks like he just got out of prison) immediately came over and said.." Kids can't be anywhere near the bar". My 10 and 11 year old only came over to ask for their play cards for 30 seconds. He then walked away and never came back so we looked for a seat. We got one and again returned to the bar. Stood there for 15 minutes while this pompous worker ignored us. Finally he asked for our drink order and walked away and never returned. So in about 10 more minutes a black bartender came over and carded us. I'm 39, my husband is pushing 50! Really??? I saw her serve others who JUST walked in without carding them. If the policy is to card everyone.... Even if they are 70... Fine! But make sure you do... Don't just pick and choose. But hey thanks for thinking I look like I'm a college girl! And my almost 50 year old hub looks like he's frat boy! Funny thing is the bald cocky bartender DIDNT ask! I then went to the front desk and stood there for 20 minutes . There wer 2 girls working and some other pompous guy just glaring at people with his cocky attitude. Besides me, there were 2 people being waited on.... And to get a power card it took 20 minutes? Is this rocket science? I guess for these incompetent ignorant rude people it is! WhenI got back to my seat, I was fuming, and asked out waitress who was the only pleasant person IN this place to speak to the manager. I told him everything that had gone wrong. His excuse, they were busy. Let me tell you, if THIS was busy, I don't know what they do when its ACTUALLY busy. Bar empty. Tables not full! All he could say was sorry. Again I'm sorry. Very sorry. When I told him about the cocky guy when u walked in, he said. " I don't have any guys working up there". I told him he better get out there then bc some imposter is up there with a name tag and headgear. Was he seriously accusing me of lying?? He gave us too power cards for the" inconvenience" which meant nothing bc I just wanted to walk out.. If it werent for my kids, I would have! The drinks are overpriced and alot of the games wouldn't work. Wouldn't take the cards...just a total incompetent mess. Will NEVER return and will spread the word! I'd love to see this place close. Can't speak of the food bc we never ate but looking at the other reviews, its a god thing we didnt!

Been to Dave & Buster's? Share your experiences!