“Great location and good hotel”

Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a really nice hotel. Looks new, free parking, great location with quick ride into downtown Pittsburgh and close to restaurants and stores. However, I had a hole in a bed sheet. I understand hotels use and wash sheets so frequently that this can happen; however, it was in a place that the housekeeping staff should have seen. Someone said the walls were thin and I could hear noise but honestly, I don't think it is any different than any other hotel. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RLD108
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

RLD108,
Thank you for your feedback and high recommendations of Courtyard Waterfront. I will be certain to address the issue you encountered with the bed sheet with our housekeeping staff and appreciate bringing this concern to my attention. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you’ll visit us again. Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I often stay at this hotel when I come in for business. The lobby was just redone and now has a Bistro - love it! I got in at 9PM at night and was able to get a snack (no dinner that evening) and then get a healthy breakfast the next morning before heading out. Thank you!! It is always challenging eating healthy on the road and this really helps! BTW, the rooms are always nice, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

BarbK303,
We appreciate your kind comments and return visits with us at Courtyard Waterfront. It's wonderful to know that you consistently enjoy your stay and find the healthy selections at our Bistro to meet your satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for choosing our hotel during your business travels.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked through priceline and got an exceptional deal but so did the locals who brought all of their kids, their kids' friends and relatives. I was hoping to relax after a long drive but was bombarded by a screamfest at the small pool and tiny hot tub. Registered guests only? The locals were texting friends and then just letting them in the door! We found no relaxation as the local ghetto kids had little to no supervision and were groping each other shamelessly while my children and I tried to find a spot in the pool area where we wouldn't be in their way. They took over everything and made it very clear that we were on their "turf". Not going back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tryingtorelax2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

tryingtorelax2014,
Thank you for writing. We regret the experience you had in the pool area and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a gold member and have never had any issues staying at any of the Marriott chain of hotels. This stay was different. I will never stay at this hotel again which is too bad because I loved the location. The walls were paper thin. I could hear people above us, next to is, in the hallway and across the hall from us. The first night there I was up multiple times during the night because you'd swear the people were in your room. Also our shower didn't work well. Kids were in the pool and excercise room unsupervised which made it impossible to use the hot tub the second night. I don't ever complain about my hotel rooms but this was so unusual for Marriott I felt I have to warn. When we say paper thin walls this is not an exaggeration. If you book this hotel hope you have no one sleeping in any room near yours.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Tracey B,
Thank you for writing a review. We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that you did not experience the exceptional stay that you've come to expect from us. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration for improving our guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Arrived on 2/28, had booked in advance on Marriott website. Gentleman that greeted me at desk was very nice, let me know about breakfast being served from 7a-11a the next morning. (nice--was looking forward to that) King room, just as in the pictures. Decent and clean throughout. Nice shower and bath. Left for the evening and returned about midnight. The gentleman that greeted me earlier had told me their bistro bar was open at from 5-10p...wait the bar closed at 10p? on a FRIDAY night? So when I returned, at midnight it was closed. Really? I would have spent some money and had a few drinks. Went up the elevator to my room, and as soon as the elevator opened, I smelled cigarette smoke in the 2nd floor hallway! What? I thought this was non- smoking hotel? (guess not---apparently not--my bad I didn't read too well and made an assumption) The cigarette smoke was upsetting to say the least. Got into the bed, was mediocre at best, sleep-able though. Could hear the people below me on the first floor pretty clearly, they were loud talkers and carrying on but toned it down about 12:30am. Slept ok, used the shower again, nice towels and hot water. Packed up and headed for the "bistro" for breakfast and to check out. Stopped to check out first and settled my bill in cash. I noticed no one was in the "bistro" eating-----found out that there is no FREE BREAKFAST? what?? $118+taxes ($132ish total) and you have to PAY FOR BREAKFAST? Again, I made a bad assumption---will not stay here again...I could have done a cheaper hotel and GOT FREE BREAKFAST!! There are other hotels in this vicinity, try them. The area is nice too with shopping and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The people are nice at this hotel, but just remember smoking is allowed---and NO FREE BREAKFAST----that's two strikes from me...I'm leaving the plate before the next pitch and won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Kevin C
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Kevin C,
We appreciate you sharing feedback from your stay and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. It's unfortunate to hear that we did not have an opportunity to intervene more proactively regarding the smoking issue you encountered as our hotel has a strict non-smoking policy. We are also very sorry for your disappointment that the Courtyard brand does not offer complimentary breakfast. We value your business and hope you'll reconsider staying with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed one night. They are in the process of changing up their lobby to the newer Courtyard Marriott style. Starbucks will be served along with a nice menu and bar. Right now they are offering a free continental breakfast to make up for the lobby. They are due to be fully functioning this Monday, which is great.

However, let's talk room. Nice size, surface clean. Had a shower only, which is ok except the floor was a big slimmy when wet. Also, 3 dead stink bugs in the overhead shower light. Maintenance needs to keep watch on these light fixtures if stink bugs are a problem. Did find one live one on our suitcase. Ugh. Bed was ok. Older mattress and sheet sets. Square pillows. I hate square pillows. At lease there were a lot of them on the bed. We had a nice view of the water in the back of the property.

Location was good to other things to do. Restaurants, nice mall, movie theater. Staff was very professional and wanted to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna T
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

dtregoe,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. Your valuable comments have been shared with our housekeeping and maintenance staff in order to heighten awareness of such issues. It's great to know our convenient location and friendly staff made your stay enjoyable. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked a jacuzzi room over a month in advance only to receive a phone call the day of our stay, saying the jacuzzi was broken and would take all day to repair. I was offered a room with two queen beds, at a supposed discount, which was an insult. I protested angrily and asked to speak to the manager, but was told one would not be in until Monday. (Really, no manager on duty all weekend?) I suspected I was being bumped by another guest and said so, which the woman denied. Not even 15 minutes later, I received another call from a different woman at the hotel (the front desk supervisor) who told me the jacuzzi had been fixed and I could have the room after all. At check-in, she offered us two free items from the market so we selected two bottles of Yeungling, which weren't very cold. One word describes the whole thing - fishy!

After all that, the room could have been nicer. Our lock was difficult to use, requiring several attempts to open each time. The room was vacuumed carelessly, there was a big red stain on the carpet, and there were toothpaste spatters on the bathroom wall. All in all, not what I'd expect from a Courtyard. The final insult - both of the regular coffee urns were empty when we attempted to get coffee, even though the man at the front desk didn't look busy at all.

I couldn't recommend this place. They don't seem to be trying very hard.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melanie J
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Melanie J,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. I am very sorry for your disappointing experience and any resulting inconveniences. We value you as our guest and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. Please know we have shared your comments with our team in an effort to better our hotel and overall guest experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return in the future to see our improvements.

Beth Neuschwander, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Southside Flats
HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side
Southside Flats
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!