“Great stop-over place, better if it had a full restaurant”

Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I chose the hotel based on the fact that we've stayed in other areas of Pittsburgh, but hadn't stopped over along the river. It did not disappoint. We had lovely suites on both nights, outbound to Indy and inbound back to Jersey. There was a minor issue with the suite on the top floor as it was adjoining the main A/C unit for the building. For a light sleeper like me, this was deadly. My partner didn't even notice the noise. On the return trip, the manager was more than happy to switch us to a suite on the floor below without the compressor noise. Both were lovely, big, suites with balconies overlooking the river and the courtyard that is the Marriott Courtyard's signature.

As is always the case with Marriott, the staff was fabulous. We were pressed for time, so we opted both days for breakfast and dinner at the cafe in the restaurant. Very nice, though the menu is limited. This is truly a cafe, with a bar, wine and beer (and gnosh!) specials for Happy Hour, and nifty booths with built-in HD TV's. For tired and hungry travelers, it was a nice place to hang out. For someone looking for something more substantial in the way of dinner, it would leave a lot to be desired. There is nothing within walking distance but one chain restaurant, so be prepared to drive. Parking is easy and free, so that's not much of an issue.

The cafe staff, like the housekeeping staff and the desk clerks, however, were just great. The gentleman who was on kitchen duty the first night went out of his way to find us what we wanted despite the fact that it was an off night and we were the only diners in the cafe. Friendly, accommodating, and about as welcoming as it's possible to be without TV cameras rolling pretty much describes the whole experience. So much so, in fact, that I found myself buying candy bars from the desk clerk for her church fundraiser and enjoyed the big, family-style hug that came with them. I don't buy fundraiser candy, so that speaks volumes.

The hotel has a pool and exercise room, and both were spotless and nicely appointed. The hot tub in the pool area was just the ticket after a long sleepless night and long drive preceding our arrival. Kids were just as welcome as adults, and this is a good place for a family vacation trip or stop-over.

I highly recommend the Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Joanne F,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Waterfront. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than to receive such complimentary feedback from our guests on the excellent service experienced at our hotel. Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority and we're glad their efforts in service added comfort to your stay. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this Marriott in May of 2014 with my wife and my two small children. The front desk staff are extremely nice and really accommodating and this hotel is pretty new looking. It contains a cafe inside so you can get food and drinks at breakfast and dinner. The bed is soft and the pillows are feather and polyfill but my wife and I still woke up with neck aches. There is granite in the bathrooms and our exhaust fans worked (rare at hotels, right?) but my wife found hair in the bathroom. Our littlest child is still crawling and after ten minutes his socks were black from the dirt picked up from the floor. I looked at my socks and my other son's socks and they were black as well. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. They must not vacuum or clean the rugs. My wife said that we won't ever stay here again. I must admit, I felt filthy every time I walked across the floor. It's in a great location with lots of restaurants around and right next to a movie theater. Too bad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank shopkins1994

shopkins1994,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We deeply regret that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our staff and additional steps have been taken to correct the issues you encountered. Your feedback assists in our mission to continuously improve our product and deliver the exceptional stay our guests deserve. We hope to have another opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Very courteous and wonderful stay. Great view of the river. Great shopping located close and a water park. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in homestead Pennsylvania.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Mike D,
Thank you for your review of Courtyard Waterfront. We’re glad you enjoyed a wonderful stay and we greatly appreciate your recommendations of our hotel. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Spontaneously decided to stay at The Courtyard Marriott at The Waterfront, in West Homestead, PA! Stayed back in December&Enjoyed A Wonderful Experience! We were excited to check out the undergoing&finalized renovations of The Hotel Lobby&Lounge. Our Stay definitely met&went beyond Our Expectations! Our Welcoming Greeting was very warm, inviting&informative. Our Hotel Room was Luxurious! The Jacuzzi H ot Tub in Our Room was Amazing! The Style of this Hotel is Beautiful & Intriguing to Absorb&View...! My fiance & I immediately went to The Bistro Lounge to enjoy some food&beverages. This Courtyard Marriott has The Best Employee by the name of John (Jonathon)!!! John was So Incredible in Everyway during Our Stay!!! John, alone, gives Great Reason&Wanting to Come back the sooner the better! His Expertise, Friendliness, Remarkable Personality & Welcoming Ways contributed greatly to Our Fun&Memorable Time!!! The Margarita Drinks were Super Tasty & The Chicken Quesadillas were Superb! Also, Bill, Apart of The Maintenance Staff, his shift was 10pm-7am, is Simply The Best! He went out of his way to help with any needs or answer&solve any questions! The Swimming Pool w/Hot Tub is Beautiful! I can't wait to Visit back! Overall Fantastic Stay!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

AngelaJZ,
Thank you for your review and return visit to Courtyard Waterfront. We’re pleased to hear all the aspects that exceeded your expectations. I look forward to sharing your complimentary review with our entire staff and will be certain to commend John and Bill on their exemplary customer service. They will be thrilled to know their warm hospitality contributed to your memorable experience. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for your review and patronage.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a really nice hotel. Looks new, free parking, great location with quick ride into downtown Pittsburgh and close to restaurants and stores. However, I had a hole in a bed sheet. I understand hotels use and wash sheets so frequently that this can happen; however, it was in a place that the housekeeping staff should have seen. Someone said the walls were thin and I could hear noise but honestly, I don't think it is any different than any other hotel. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RLD108
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

RLD108,
Thank you for your feedback and high recommendations of Courtyard Waterfront. I will be certain to address the issue you encountered with the bed sheet with our housekeeping staff and appreciate bringing this concern to my attention. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you’ll visit us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I often stay at this hotel when I come in for business. The lobby was just redone and now has a Bistro - love it! I got in at 9PM at night and was able to get a snack (no dinner that evening) and then get a healthy breakfast the next morning before heading out. Thank you!! It is always challenging eating healthy on the road and this really helps! BTW, the rooms are always nice, clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

BarbK303,
We appreciate your kind comments and return visits with us at Courtyard Waterfront. It's wonderful to know that you consistently enjoy your stay and find the healthy selections at our Bistro to meet your satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for choosing our hotel during your business travels.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked through priceline and got an exceptional deal but so did the locals who brought all of their kids, their kids' friends and relatives. I was hoping to relax after a long drive but was bombarded by a screamfest at the small pool and tiny hot tub. Registered guests only? The locals were texting friends and then just letting them in the door! We found no relaxation as the local ghetto kids had little to no supervision and were groping each other shamelessly while my children and I tried to find a spot in the pool area where we wouldn't be in their way. They took over everything and made it very clear that we were on their "turf". Not going back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tryingtorelax2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

tryingtorelax2014,
Thank you for writing. We regret the experience you had in the pool area and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We value you as our guest and hope you will give us another chance to provide a more rewarding stay in the future. Thank you again.

Beth Neuschwander, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
#60 of 74 in Pittsburgh
SpringHill Suites West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!