I chose the hotel based on the fact that we've stayed in other areas of Pittsburgh, but hadn't stopped over along the river. It did not disappoint. We had lovely suites on both nights, outbound to Indy and inbound back to Jersey. There was a minor issue with the suite on the top floor as it was adjoining the main A/C unit for the building. For a light sleeper like me, this was deadly. My partner didn't even notice the noise. On the return trip, the manager was more than happy to switch us to a suite on the floor below without the compressor noise. Both were lovely, big, suites with balconies overlooking the river and the courtyard that is the Marriott Courtyard's signature.
As is always the case with Marriott, the staff was fabulous. We were pressed for time, so we opted both days for breakfast and dinner at the cafe in the restaurant. Very nice, though the menu is limited. This is truly a cafe, with a bar, wine and beer (and gnosh!) specials for Happy Hour, and nifty booths with built-in HD TV's. For tired and hungry travelers, it was a nice place to hang out. For someone looking for something more substantial in the way of dinner, it would leave a lot to be desired. There is nothing within walking distance but one chain restaurant, so be prepared to drive. Parking is easy and free, so that's not much of an issue.
The cafe staff, like the housekeeping staff and the desk clerks, however, were just great. The gentleman who was on kitchen duty the first night went out of his way to find us what we wanted despite the fact that it was an off night and we were the only diners in the cafe. Friendly, accommodating, and about as welcoming as it's possible to be without TV cameras rolling pretty much describes the whole experience. So much so, in fact, that I found myself buying candy bars from the desk clerk for her church fundraiser and enjoyed the big, family-style hug that came with them. I don't buy fundraiser candy, so that speaks volumes.
The hotel has a pool and exercise room, and both were spotless and nicely appointed. The hot tub in the pool area was just the ticket after a long sleepless night and long drive preceding our arrival. Kids were just as welcome as adults, and this is a good place for a family vacation trip or stop-over.
I highly recommend the Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfectly situated Pittsburgh West Homestead hotel in Pittsburgh's premiere shopping and entertainment complex, the Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront hotel provides guests with all of the luxuries you come to expect from a Marriott hotel. The Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront is comprised of thoughtfully appointed guest rooms that offer you a perfect place to work, relax, and recharge. Our guests enjoy our fresh, plush bedding, modern and flexible spaces and well lit work space with free Wi-Fi at this Pittsburgh Waterfront hotel. Begin your day in the Courtyard Cafe and enjoy a full selection on the hot buffet breakfast or menu choices. Relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool or enjoy a cocktail on our outdoor patio with a dramatic view of one of the famous "Three Rivers". Convenient among Pittsburgh Waterfront hotels, we are close to many area businesses and attractions including Kennywood and Sandcastle Water Park. We invite you to experience the Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead when in Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront Hotel Homestead
- Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead
- Courtyard Homestead
- Homestead Courtyard
- Homestead Marriott