“Clean, River view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Clean, River view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very convenient location for our visit to Pittsburgh. Modern decor, very friendly staff. No free breakfast or coffee station. But we could make coffee in the room with the single serve pot. Outside they had a nice fire pit area with a river view making for a nice relaxing space to wind down and watch the boaters and jet skis going by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
Beth Neuschwander, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very convenient, friendly staff. We had a very nice time visiting "The Waterfront" and spent the day at Sandcastle. We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse which was okay, walked around the river and it was beautiful. Thank you Pittsburgh!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Marcia J,

We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visiting. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Best,
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

BUILDING/SETTING:
This place was modern and contemporary like I prefer. Lounge/lobby area was nice and hotel was overall well maintained and clean. It's in a great location; Homestead mall were everything from a movie theater, target, costco, chain stores(Express, etc.), restaurants, bars are all there.

AMENITIES:
The amenities were ok. I was expecting to have complimentary breakfast but they do not offer. Instead, they have a cafe which served good food though.

SERVICE:
Great! The workers were all very respectful and accommodating. Aaron was extremely helpful. I called and asked for a roll away bed and he personally delivered it himself and apologized for the wait because he was extremely busy and caught up with other matters. Actual proof when I went down to the front desk just to get an extra key and he rushed to the desk and told me directly, "I'm sorry sir I haven't forgot about you, I am coming up after this matter." The following day we ran into him outside and he greeted us not like a customer but like a friend. All other workers were very respectful as well. Again, they treated us like friends not customers by simply greeting us or saying hi while walking through the halls. A housekeeper even went the extra step of conversing to wish us well as we were leaving in the parking lot.

OVERALL:
I would recommend this place if you're needing a nice, clean place with a warm, friendly environment. It is located in a great area with shopping malls and near downtown. Only thing I didn't like was no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. Reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience, as well as talking points to commend our staff. I’m delighted to know you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms, convenient location and friendly staff. Thank for taking the time to review your experience and we hope to see you again.

Best,
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The pluses - warm reception at front desk; good location with river view. Normal Courtyard format. Husband and college age son and I stayed for two nights. 2 queen room with river view balcony. Husband had breakfast in the lobby and said it was fine. A few issues: toilet was not flushing well at all. We ended up calling maintenance. Hall/elevator carpets were dirty. There were a few bugs in the room on the first night - but it's always possible they came in from the balcony. Noise from the groups talking around the firepit echoed up to our room even with doors closed. But really most annoying - the hotel has an internet capacity problem. It is okay during the day when lightly used - but if one tries to use it during "prime time" evening hours it is overwhelmed. Because I am a gold member I had the "high speed" option - but it frequently timed out just on connection to web sites - wasn't streaming - just trying to check email and it was quite problematic both nights. Stay was ok - not really problematic - but not a sure repeat candidate. Will depend on rates.

Room Tip: The river view with balcony is nice but I would not pay extra for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I’m sorry to hear of the maintenance and internet issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciate you acknowledging our warm staff and river view while giving some areas of opportunity for improvement. It is feedback like yours which allows us to impact future guest experiences.

Warmest Regards,
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If you like the Courtyard format this is a nice hotel. The property is about seven years old but the lobby area was just updated to the new Courtyard design scheme and the rooms look new.

If you are a light sleeper a room on the river side is probably a little quieter given a train which passes by the front from time to time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
clherrick,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Waterfront. We're happy to have had you as our guest and it's great to know our property meets your satisfaction. Please plan to visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for your review!

Sussex County, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I chose the hotel based on the fact that we've stayed in other areas of Pittsburgh, but hadn't stopped over along the river. It did not disappoint. We had lovely suites on both nights, outbound to Indy and inbound back to Jersey. There was a minor issue with the suite on the top floor as it was adjoining the main A/C unit for the building. For a light sleeper like me, this was deadly. My partner didn't even notice the noise. On the return trip, the manager was more than happy to switch us to a suite on the floor below without the compressor noise. Both were lovely, big, suites with balconies overlooking the river and the courtyard that is the Marriott Courtyard's signature.

As is always the case with Marriott, the staff was fabulous. We were pressed for time, so we opted both days for breakfast and dinner at the cafe in the restaurant. Very nice, though the menu is limited. This is truly a cafe, with a bar, wine and beer (and gnosh!) specials for Happy Hour, and nifty booths with built-in HD TV's. For tired and hungry travelers, it was a nice place to hang out. For someone looking for something more substantial in the way of dinner, it would leave a lot to be desired. There is nothing within walking distance but one chain restaurant, so be prepared to drive. Parking is easy and free, so that's not much of an issue.

The cafe staff, like the housekeeping staff and the desk clerks, however, were just great. The gentleman who was on kitchen duty the first night went out of his way to find us what we wanted despite the fact that it was an off night and we were the only diners in the cafe. Friendly, accommodating, and about as welcoming as it's possible to be without TV cameras rolling pretty much describes the whole experience. So much so, in fact, that I found myself buying candy bars from the desk clerk for her church fundraiser and enjoyed the big, family-style hug that came with them. I don't buy fundraiser candy, so that speaks volumes.

The hotel has a pool and exercise room, and both were spotless and nicely appointed. The hot tub in the pool area was just the ticket after a long sleepless night and long drive preceding our arrival. Kids were just as welcome as adults, and this is a good place for a family vacation trip or stop-over.

I highly recommend the Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Joanne F,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Waterfront. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than to receive such complimentary feedback from our guests on the excellent service experienced at our hotel. Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority and we're glad their efforts in service added comfort to your stay. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this Marriott in May of 2014 with my wife and my two small children. The front desk staff are extremely nice and really accommodating and this hotel is pretty new looking. It contains a cafe inside so you can get food and drinks at breakfast and dinner. The bed is soft and the pillows are feather and polyfill but my wife and I still woke up with neck aches. There is granite in the bathrooms and our exhaust fans worked (rare at hotels, right?) but my wife found hair in the bathroom. Our littlest child is still crawling and after ten minutes his socks were black from the dirt picked up from the floor. I looked at my socks and my other son's socks and they were black as well. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. They must not vacuum or clean the rugs. My wife said that we won't ever stay here again. I must admit, I felt filthy every time I walked across the floor. It's in a great location with lots of restaurants around and right next to a movie theater. Too bad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank shopkins1994
shopkins1994,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We deeply regret that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our staff and additional steps have been taken to correct the issues you encountered. Your feedback assists in our mission to continuously improve our product and deliver the exceptional stay our guests deserve. We hope to have another opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again.

Beth Neuschwander, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Southside Flats
HYATT house Pittsburgh-South Side
Omni William Penn Hotel
#5 of 68 in Pittsburgh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,724 reviews
Southside Flats
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works

Been to Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!