“Nice visit”

Ranked #21 of 38 Restaurants in Homestead
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am surprised by the poor reviews of the Homestead Steak and Shake. We recently stopped by for lunch as this is my nephew's favorite chain. It's a fast food chain, so it-is-what-it-is, but we got seated right away, had a great server and a pleasant visit. The food came in a timely manner. Overall it was a nice visit in a very convenient shopping area.

There are newer reviews for Steak 'n Shake

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Waited in line to be seated for 15 min, no one even Said hello to us no tables were cleaned and the bathrooms were a mess! There were plenty of employees so u dont know what the problem was... We walked out

2  Thank TnaBna
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We live in the Waterfront Area where this Steak and Shake is located. We have had our ups and downs there. Wasn't too great for awhile, got better. The cycle repeated. But, this last visit really is my last visit. We got seated and placed our order. Right after that another lady came over and asked the staff what was going on. They placed their order, other folks had their orders before them. The barely acknowledged her. She went back to her seat and a few minutes later they left. She went toward the cashier area and told them she was leaving. At that point they said it would be coming up soon. She left. My son ordered a cup of chili rather than the soup with his meal and a milk shake. My husband and I had ice tea and waters. We also began to see people who came in after us get their orders before us. We were right behind the area where alot of the servers are doing things. They were loud, throwing stuff around. It was terrible. People came in to the counter for take out orders, got theirs before us. Our server came over and apologized, said they lost our order slip. But you can see that the orders are put in on a screen for the kitchen to work on. While waiting, we witnessed the female manager eating behind the counter as well as one of the men on the grill. At that point I said we are done. We got up. I went to the register and someone asked if we were being taken care of? I told them no, that is why we are leaving. Ring us up for the chili and drinks. Someone from the back hollers we are working on their order now. The manager came up and I told her her flat out that we have had so so experiences here before. But this by far is the worst. We had watched several people come and go and we are still waiting. She said that there wouldn't be any charge, the server came up and she told her that they lost our order slip. I told her that wasn't the only issue, our order was lost, taking forever, people are coming and going and all the while we can see your kitchen staff eating while working behind the counter. How disgusting is that! I worked in fast food before, that was one of the main rules, you never eat or drink anything in the kitchen area, in view of the customers. IT is UNPROFESSIONAL and DISGUSTING! I told her we wouldn't be back. I felt bad for the server, it wasn't her fault. But there seem to be some serious issues here and I am sure these servers are loosing out big time. We left and went to Red Robin down the road and ran into the two ladies that left before us. We were chatting with them and she said they were treated, ignored terribly. No one seemed too worried or concerned about them. I wouldn't waste your time going here. The server we had was nice and she tried to do what she could but it was out of her hands. The management and kitchen staff were very unprofessional. I wish I had photo's to share of them eating behind the counter.

2  Thank KAG39
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have never seen such an unprofessional staff in my life. My family and I went in after a pirates game last Friday and was completely ignored by staff. As we stood in front waiting for at least 10 minutes,we got to watch 2 staff members argue with each other. They were so loud. They could not stop fighting long enough to realize we were standing in front of the restaurant. The manager did say he would be with us twice, but proceeded to go back of the restaurant. I can't believe this place is still open with this kind of service. Don't waste your time going to this place!!!!

3  Thank SERC1234
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A place for milkshakes custom made! They are open 24 hours in case you have an urge for some late night treats.