“This is what all B&Bs should be like”

James Manning House B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Honesdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Warren and Janet are great hosts and made us very welcome in their home. The accomodations were top notch and the food was even better.
Lovely house, nice large airy room(Waynes Room) good ensuite facilities.
What seems like a quiet road out side the front turned out to be a bit of a race track and quite noisey from early hours of the morning.
Not something our host can do anything about but may be a consideration for a light sleeper

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Warren and Janet are model hosts and made us very welcome in their home. The accomodations were top notch and the food was even better. We were on motorcycles and got caught in rain storm and Warren even allowed us to store our bikes in his garage. I highly recommend this B&B and hope to stay there again. This is the definition of what a small town, B&B should be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is what a B&B is all about. The home is appealing, warm and friendly. We went for a birthday celebration and it was more than we could have hoped for. Our hosts were just terrific and we can't wait to go back again. As someone who has visited a number of B&B's, I highly recommend The James Manning House as a "must stay." Thank you Janet, Warren and Louie for making us feel so welcome.
Diana and Alan Karmin
Westfield, NJ

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Berks room...but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Berks Room for two nights in Nov., 2012. The entire house was spotless and fresh--which for us is important because we have allergies to mold, dust and perfume--but we had no problems at all. The hosts were very friendly and laid back, the rooms were very nicely decorated, the food was delicious and each meal included an original recipe. They also had their own homemade jelly, brandy and lots of other goodies. Our stay was very quiet and peaceful, and we felt the price was worth it. We would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Janet & Warren far surpass anyone's expectations of host's at a B&B. Never have I felt more at home and welcomed than there. We met friends there whom we had not seen in almost a year, and left with the feeling that we would be missing 4 afterwards. I would recommend this wonderful home to Everyone. The breakfasts were divine and the company was as well. Louie is in my heart for life. Please make this a must stay on your bucket list of B&B's in the Pocono's mountain area. Bethany was a very friendly town as well. Thank You Janet and Warren for a fantastic stay, we look forward to the next visit!

Room Tip: The Berks Room in the back would be the quietest if you are unused to normal town noise, we were no...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We recently enjoyed our 4th multi night stay at James Manning House. Janet & Warren are wonderful hosts with a lovely country home. Nothing is too much trouble for them as they strive to offer you a memorable visit. Breakfasts are lovingly prepared and absolutely delicious. This is truly a gem awaiting your visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T0nCar
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I rarely spend the money to stay in a BnB in my travels (I'm on the road a lot). It's usually too expensive. But, since I was traveling for my birthday, I decided to treat myself. I'm really glad I did. This was a great BnB on all accounts, charming, clean, comfortable. The two highlights were the innkeepers and the breakfast. I've had some good breakfasts at BnB's before. This was great. Absolutely delicious and very accommodating of my vegetarian diet. The real charm were the innkeepers. Many inns have pleasant and nice innkeepers. It's required in the business. At James Manning House, the innkeepers went above and beyond the basic niceties. While I was settling in and getting ready to go to work at a summer camp (I run laser tag), they called ahead to a small restaurant and placed a to-go order for me. Excellent choice, too. Since I always travel alone, I usually bring my Kindle or a book to breakfast. Never had a chance to open it here. The conversation was interesting and honest. I didn't feel like they were just going through the motions because I was a paying guest. Stayed an extra hour just talking to the innkeepers. Actually this place was a pretty good value too considering the few hotel choices have very high rates in the summer. I could have spent $20-25 less and received indifferent service and a basic motel and no human contact. Well worth it to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honesdale
Hotel Wayne
The Lodge at Woodloch
Settlers Inn
Settlers Inn
#1 of 4 in Hawley

Been to James Manning House B&B? Share your experiences!