“Lovely spot for lunch!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family enjoyed lunch inside with a great view of the river. it was my mom's 70th birthday and, as a longtime resident of Honesdale, she asked that we take her there to celebrate because she always wanted to try it out. Well, our server Ashley was spot on as an attentive server and the food was quite tasty! Would have given five stars if there were a few more vegetarian options...but that's just me.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This restruant is great! Despite it being busy our waitress was doing her best to keep on top of things which she did! The restruant itself is beautifual and the food is delicious and you get a decent amount of it. There are gluten free options and they always have specials for a fair price. My wife and I love it we bring our children here everytime we are in honesdale 5 Stars for sure!!!

1  Thank Christina I
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a unique restaurant attached to an enormous motorcycle showroom. There is a large outdoor patio for dining but despite the sun they had none of the table umbrellas open. Inside the restaurant is attractive and large. We saw that they had a private party room also. The bar is round and seats many. We had to wait for a table and we were warned that there was a large group present. We did not wait too long for service although I noticed that other tables did. They were out of fries for my fish and chips so the server offered sweet potato fries. When the order came I received potato chips instead. I noticed on the bill that I would have been charged an additional $1.50 for the sweet potato chips - I find this objectionable since they didn't have regular fries. At other tables I noticed patrons returning food which was not as ordered and in one case they ended up leaving before the replacement came. The kitchen seems to have problems. Our food was very good though. We enjoyed looking at the river view through the large windows.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

DISCLAIMER: This review is NOT based on the food. We left before we had any.

Yes, this restaurant is at a dealership. But the restaurant is fancy-ish and we had a gift card, so we thought we'd give it a try.

We came on a Friday night between 5:30 and 6:00. The parking lot was nearly empty. We were happy, hoping that we would get a good table (river view) and get served early, since we had some shopping to do afterward.

We did get seated right away - at a small table overlooking the showroom. We had a great view of motorcycles and 4-wheelers. There were tables open with a river view, but they were large and we were a party of two, so we assumed they didn't seat us there because we were a small party. We didn't notice at the time that there was another section with tables in another area that would not have the unappealing showroom view, and actually had sunlight coming in. We didn't see that area until we got up to leave - but I am getting ahead of myself.

Anyway, we sat in our small booth (very comfortable seat, by the way) and looked over the menu. We decided on our drinks and our entrees. We still sat. No one even walked near our area (we were all alone in our section). We saw a waitress go to another table to take an order, and they arrived at least 5 minutes after us. No one glanced our way, though a few employees were in and out of the bar area, which was next to our table. Finally, after what must have been at least 20 minutes, I went to the bar and asked if a waitress was assigned to our table. The girl mumbled a waitress's name, then walked off. She never said, "I will go check on it" or "I will send someone over right away", she just walked away from me with no actual answer to our question. I went back to my booth, and my husband and I decided that we would leave. The girl I questioned DID come over to our table with an apology that the waitress was "busy with other tables" and "had forgotten we were there" and that she would get our drink orders, but we had already resigned to leave. And it was when we got up to leave that I noticed the other section with many tables and sunshine rather than showroom.

When we left, we went (nearly) across the street to the Alpine and had a wonderful dinner! And I still got to order the salmon that I planned to order at The Riverview. And we had our drinks, salad, and bread within 12 minutes of arriving. Highly recommended!

The two main reasons for my dissatisfaction:

1. Being seated at a table with an undesirable view (showroom) when the restaurant was not busy and we should have been offered a better location.

2. Being forgotten about. Yes, it was a mistake, but at least 3 employees were in and out of the bar area, and having seen us there without even any drinks, they should have mentioned it to someone. That is what I would expect from any restaurant, and especially from one like this that has entrees starting at $17.95 and going up from there.

Because I am sure this was a mistake on the part of one, or a few, people, I would try again another time. (After all, I do have a gift card to use!) But I would be sure to request a table with a better view, and I wouldn't wait so long to ask if I felt we were forgotten about.

2  Thank wayneco52
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been there a few times. Sometimes it's good sometimes not. They also advertise 16 beers on tap. The last time I was there, 3 beers I asked for were out. ( I drink craft type beer, not coors lite or bud) The funny part was , the bartender didn't seem to understand that the tap was just spraying foam and gas, and drinkable beer was not coming out. Yet she tried to fill the glass and said it was just slow. At that point I left. There is NO excuse for a business not checking the taps prior to opening for the day after being closed for the past two.