“Horrible”

The Waynebrook Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Honey Brook
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely horrific!!!
From the rooms to the food the place has reached an all time low. The food was not what was ordered. I wish I could poste the pictures of our meals so you could see for yourself. Good luck finding a manager to deal with any situation. The staff is miserable and doesn't seem to care. Maybe they just gave up?
I couldn't blame them.
Regardless we will not be returning, and will never recommend this place to anyone. Such a shame.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Nonya0
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at The Waynebrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Nonya0

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations when you visited Bistro on 10 recently. Clearly, we let you down and for this I do apologize.

We have just launched a new menu and it seems that your visit coincided with it's debut. Unfortunately, we were not as smooth operationally as normally.

We do appreciate your comments and hope you will return soon, especially since the feed back we have received recently on the new menu has been stellar!

THANKS

SM

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Simple, but comfortable yet oldish hotel. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Location is ideal for a weekend visit to the Amish region in Lancaster county in PA. Decent price.
Nice and helpful people. Seems to have a popular restaurant. Good continental breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Fenoswiss
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at the Waynebrook for a business meeting, and was more than pleasantly surprised. Having just returned from being in Rome and Israel, the room was immense (and the elevator was good sized, too!). The bed was good sized, and the room was nicely appointed. The price was the lowest in 2 weeks of staying in hotels. The breakfast was fine. The only downsides were 2-the hotel hadn't turned on it's air conditioning, and the rooms got to the mid to high 70's, with no relief. Opening the windows didn't do much for the temperature, and only added to the road noise. Honey Brook may not be a big town, but it does seem to get more than it's share of truck (and buggy) traffic. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lspdoll
Reviewed 18 January 2014

When I must, I stay at a chain hotel. They are dependable and free of character. When I can, I find places like the Waynebrook Inn and, for generally the same price or less, I get a room with real furniture, that feels as if it could be home. And for this trip I splurged a bit and got a room with a whirlpool tub. Did you ever want to sit in a tub for an hour or two and just relax and then realize it was not large enough to do so comfortably? Then you never stayed at the Waynebrook Inn because this bathroom, with a regular tub/shower and a separate whirlpool tub was just what I wanted. Add on on site restaurant where I could sit at the bar for an hour and have an excellent selection of draft beer while I did a little writing and, later, a meal with a friend of Lobster and Prime Rib prepared wonderfully and exceptional service from the bartenders, waitstaff, Innkeepers, and, really, everyone. Oh, and the continental breakfast that's included with the room? It was great. This is where I will be staying every time I am in the area. If you want a great place with excellent charm and a reasonable price, you should stay here too.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a whirlpool bath - worth every penny
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at the Waynebrook on three different occasions. Every stay was wonderful. We were given personal attention and all our needs were met . Tiffany the hotel manager was pleasant and more than happy to share the history of this grand Inn and surrounding area. upon check-in I found that I was an hour early. Tiffany didn't have me wait in the lobby but, commenced to check me right in and even served me a much deserved cocktail while I worked in the spacious dining room. The only blip in our stay was we had no hot water the first evening, we were comped our first night. Friday night we enjoyed a great dinner at the Bistro. Lobster and clam dinner! $20.00! I don't know how they do it! I have paid more than double for this same meal elsewhere. Our server Jennifer was efficient, friendly and was able to recommend a great wine to accompany our meal. Breakfast is free and tasty. The maintenance man John was chatty and friendly sharing some local lore our last morning. All in all GREAT!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ross746
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were to stay at hotel in Morgantown, but changed our minds and booked at the Waynebrook Inn. What a great place this is, fast & free WIFI, very well appointed, clean and with a wonderful restaurant inside as well.

We were in on business and each of us loved our room, dinner in the Bistro and the free breakfast. Plus, the Waynebrook is only a few minutes off the turnpike, so it was easy to find and get to.

Honestly, we would not have know about the hotel had it not been for TripAdvisor...THANKS

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Drhow8
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at the Waynebrook Inn and must say this place is perfect for business travelers.

I have been staying at the big chain hotel near the turnpike, but found this property on my last trip. The staff was great, free WIFI, a free breakfast plus and awesome restaurant and lounge on site! And the prime rib was the best I have had in years/

Anyway, I love the Waynebrook Inn and would suggest others give it a try.

ENJOY

Room Tip: Ask for the KING...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North

Been to The Waynebrook Inn? Share your experiences!