“Great Crab Cake!”

Bistro on 10
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We returned to the Bistro about a year after our first visit. Coincidentally seated at the same booth and had the same fine waitress, Kayla (Kaylee?), again. One of our party had the stuffed salmon, another had grilled salmon, the third had prime rib ... and I had the crab cakes. That latter entree consists of two 5-ounce cakes that are not overly burdened by breading. The cakes are fried lightly. The crab is lump, significant lump mostly. The cakes are accompanied by some asaragus and a sort of tomato puree. That's it. And the meal costs $23.

The puree is what Kayla called a "plate scraper". It is an accompanyment to the crab cake, much like one would use tartar sauce. I would not think it the greatest accompanyment. I might be wrong once in a while! It is spread on the plate with the crab cakes placed on top. The puree adds a new dimension to good crab cakes as far as I am concerned. Not just another crab cake with lemon juice and tartar sauce. Very tasty.

I can envision a couple watching calories who might share that entree, and add another side just to make it more filling and interesting.

Nobody was hungry enough for dessert ... well one of our party was apparently. She got what turned out to be a huge piece of key lime pie ... the real stuff that is not dyed green. All of us sampled it. All of us liked it.

BTW, the other three in my party liked their entrees, too. But the crab cakes were great! If I see any shortcoming, it might be the minimal volume of the "side". But the grilled asparagus was very good indeed.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Food is very good. Pizzas fly out of the true brick oven. Service can be a problem. Some servers and bartenders know there stuff. We had some of the best when we were just there.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Enjoyed the food. Nice atmosphere....at bit pricey. I had a lunch date with a girlfriend. The service was fine. I would probably go back again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

AS someone who has tried most of the brunches available in Chester County, it was great to finally find a true brunch (both complete breakfast, and/or lunch). Breakfast items include pancakes, waffles, french toast, and choice of blueberry, strawberry, or maple syrup, as well as eggs made to order (with everything from shitake mushrooms, asst. cheeses, asparagus, and all of the rest of the selection of fix-ins), sausage, bacon, and potato's. The lunch includes a carving station with prime rib cut to order, fresh roasted turkey breast cut to order, a large salad bar that includes all the fix-ins for make your own salads, fresh fruit, macaroni salad, potato salad, smoked salmon, bagels, and cream cheese. Deserts include homemade pie, cake, cookies, and things for the sweet tooth. Fresh squeezed orange juice (my wife's favorite) and brunch cocktails, sodas, and coffee included in the price. Service is awesome, and Chef John listens to suggestions and responds to them. If you are out and about looking for brunch between 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM on Sundays and are in the Honeybrook area, do not pass this one up. Pizza's are coming for Football season too. Great food, Great Service, Great price, what more could you ask for.

1  Thank akfishguide
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The staff was very polite and could not do enough to help you to enjoy your meal.
I had Stuffed Salmon that had crab meat and a wonderful sauce it was very good,my husband got Shrimp Orzo it was also very good. We thought that the mashed potatoes were alittle on the salty side. We also had Crab bisque you did not get much for the money but it was very tasty and left you wanting more.
We called for a last minute reservation and they were happy to fit us in. The table was ready as soon as we arrived.

Give it a try we also saw they were making brick pizza right at the bar. Next time we will try that