“Good value for business traveler”

Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I just checked out of the Residence Inn Willow Grove after a 3-month stay for business. The hotel has been recently renovated, so the look is updated and the beds are comfortable but not plush. Everything was clean, and the staff was very nice. The evening socials are held about 3 times per week, and free breaksfast is served every morning.

A few downsides: nice new wide-screen TVs with no HD service which means they might as well be old square tube TVs, very limited TV channel selection (what does the entire Marriott company have against FoodTV?), trendy looking but uncomfortable couches, very small workout area (two treadmills and an elliptical), and relatively slow internet service.

On the plus side: great staff, excellent restaurants and grocery stores all over the area (Fresh Market, Corner Bakery, Anthony's, etc. etc. etc.), quiet, clean, the limited fitness equipment they have is nice, spacious rooms and suites, and high-quality social hours.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the many amenities we offer to our long-term guests. As you mentioned, we recently completed a total renovation and we have made further improvements since you left.
We converted our television service to high definition and added several new stations (including the FOOD NETWORK!) so our guests can truely take advantage of our new HDTV 37" flat screen tvs.
We added a work-bench to compliment the free weights in our exercise room.
We are undergoing a revamp of our internet service to convert to total wireless and more than doubling our available bandwidth.
We appreciate hearing back from our guests so we know what we are doing right and what we need to get even better.

We hope you have a chance to come back to the Willow Grove/Horsham area and visit us again and see what other improvements we have implemented.

Thanks again for your comments, your recent stay and your choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 9 November 2010

This is one of the best hotels in the Horsham/ Willow Grove Area. I like the morning buffet breakfast here. Its complimentary and nice. The rooms are big with Kitchen and overall the hotel is very strategically located.

I stayed at this hotel for 9 days and my stay was very comfortable ( Oct 3 to 11 )

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed here for one night with my wife and infant. We did not arrive until almost midnight. We were surprised to find that the room was like a nice studio apartment complete with kitchen and wired Internet connection. They also already had a baby crib set up already just as I specified when I made the reservation. Free printing services are also available from the lobby. Great value!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 19 September 2010

My room stinks, I'm guessing it's mainly from the carpet. The ceiling is dirty from all of the dust and debris coming out of the A/C vents; obviously the filter needs cleaning. There are spider webs on the ceiling corners and dead bugs on the floor along the edges of the walls. The only thing the housekeepers do is take out the trash, replace the towels, and sloppily make up the beds. I have never had housekeeping insist on coming into the room even when I placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door, and then they called by phone and knocked on the door again. The gym has two threadmills and an elyptical; it could use an expansion, to include a stationary bike and some weights.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Crucian_Traveler
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I've stayed at this Residence Inn about 20 times in the past 7 years and the service from the staff is outstanding. The property itself is well kept for an older property, and has been upgraded several times over the years. It is very quite here, off the main road of Dresher Blvd. They often have special afternoon events such as BBQ when the weather is nice. But the main reason I'm writing this review is because of the front counter staff. Numerous times they have reserved a special room for me, to meet my particular requests. We all have our preferences, but I've found this hotel really makes an effort and in my case almost always is able to accommodate. Recently I left a personal item at the hotel and when I called to locate it, they immediately went to the room, retrieved it and sent it to me. I had it back within 3 days, all the way across the country. I stay in hotels about 30 days per year and this one is one of my favorites. The service is 10 out of 10 and better than hotels costing 3X as much.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stay in 15-20 Marriott properties per year. This one is not a good representation of the brand. The hotel itself is terribly out of date and looks like it last received an update in the 1970s. My lock to my main door had been drilled (unit 1512 if you want to confirm it) twice and filled in with plumbers putty. Yes. Drilled. That does not exactly leave a visitor feeling secure. Also, the bathroom had extensive mold on the ceiling. I'm highly allergic to mold and brought it to the desk clerk's attention. The temperature knob to the tub was upside down. Though I figured out which way to turn it after scalding myself, that was not a fun learning experience. The lamp that has the power plugs on the computer desk functioned as a light, but the power sockets were both broken. I confirmed with several devices. The internet was so slow over the provided ethernet connection that I had to resort to my cellular card which was (I ran a speed test) about 10 times faster.

All in all, no one item was an egregious failure, but in sum, they added up to far less than I've come to expect from a Marriott experience.

The cigarette burned holes in the curtains were the final decorative touch. Oh, wait, that is, until you step outside your room where the dumpsters are kept beneath the stairs. Yes. Adjacent to the door to my room. Lovely smells wafted in every time I left and reentered.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank programr
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Stayed here with the family last summer for a few days. Very comfortable hotel. Kids enjoyed the pool. Have stayed at some other Residence Inn's and this one is a bit older, but the staff was great. Location is very good.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!