Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove
US$125
Hampton.com
US$144
Hampton.com
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitesesame placebusiness parkapartment feelrooms are hugebusiness tripplatinum membersitting areayogurtthe staff was friendly and helpfulthe room was nicebed was very comfortablepropertyjoycedishwashercouch
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Boyfriend and I wanted a mini-vacation around the 4th at a close locale that also had a pool. Residence Inn at Willow Grove met all our expectations. The clean, quiet establishment offered a tasty continental breakfast that was perfect before heading out for a swim. One of the best things about this hotel is close proximity to Willow Grove Mall, Wawa, and some independent bars that didn't mind us tuning in to The Best of Mike Tyson Knockouts on ESPN 2 :)

My only complaint was coughing up my guts later in the day because of the common grill located precariously close to the pool. Once people started cooking lunch / dinner, it got weird having them stare while I attempted to sunbathe. Hearing them chat incessantly was even more annoying. By the way, the pool was nice, but it is not a huge unit. Once a large group arrives (especially one with overactive children), you may want to retreat until the herd thins a little.

The room was phenomenal and quiet. Flat screen tvs, a conveniently constructed bathroom that separates the toilet from the shower, and cute kitchen that facilitates meal preparation. I reserved a two-room suite on a higher floor to avoid unnecessary noise. We lucked out with a corner room on the top (third) floor. Very fun stay and the associates were super friendly.

Room Tip: Stick to higher floors for a quieter room. Quite a few families stay here and its easy to get stuck underneath a rambunctious youngster.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here on business trip June 16-22. Property is beautifully landscaped. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Many restaurant options nearby. Disappointed to find hot tub has been removed to allow more deck space for pool. Found it convenient to use the laundry on site. No elevator so request first floor if stairs are an issue.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had not stayed here for many years, and had great memories of yearly Thanksgiving weekends here seeing many of the same guests returning each year as they visited families in the area. We arrived tired and were greeted with one of the evening socials which easily took the place of dinner. We were there for 5 nights and each morning the breakfast was great, freshly cooked and presented by staff who could make a non-morning person (us) feel good. We had minor housekeeping problems which were quickly resolved with sincere apologies. Our accessible suite clearly met the needs of someone mobility challenged. The laundry room was well lighted and very clean, in a separate building. This Inn will continue to be our first choice when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are in buildings spread out over the property with some closer to the Gatehouse (breakfast, etc.) so you may wish to request one of these. It is a nice short walk from anywhere on the property. If laundry room is important, that is away from Gatehouse.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

DO NOT stay at this hotel, we stayed there for 4 months due to a fire and had an iPod stolen. There are no safes in the room so you are expected to put all your valuables in a safe deposit box in the front lobby which is not only inconvenient but impossible since all our possessions were with us due to fire. They claim no liability and have basically told me they think my kids took it and misplaced it. So they are pretty much stating that anyone that comes into your room can steal whatever they want as they are not liable for it. We were also never informed of an armed robbery in the parking lot and also had to bear witness to a raid by the police at the room next door with assult rifles pointed at my window. Never an apology for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tommy B
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Tommy B,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback about our hotel.

I would be remiss; however, if I did not mention that our investigation of the missing ipod is different than your account of the facts. For example, our hotel has complete information as to who entered your room during the day in question. We feel confident that there was no wrongdoing on our Housekeeping team's part with regards to your missing article. As you stated, we do have security boxes at our Front Desk for any valuables that our guests wish to store.

Regarding your comments about police activity around our hotel on one of the nights of your stay, I can assure you that the safety and security of our guests and associates is our main priority at all times. We cooperate fully with the local authorities in these types of situations and alert our guests only when we feel there is a reason to notify them of an emergency situation.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact myself or another member of our management team directly at 215-443-7330. We would be more than happy to talk about this further with you and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel and our team.

Al Jaskel

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the area, because I love having the separate sitting area for weekly stays. The kitchen works great to avoid eating out every night - just hit the grocery and snack your way through dinner time.

It's not on the main drag, so the noise level is low.

The rooms were very clean and quiet. All have exterior exits, and are laid out more like apartment quads than hotel rooms. This gives the new Residence Inn layouts a more resort/apartment feel.

My biggest beef is that this place is nearly always sold out when I need it, and I can't seem to get a break on the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business