“Great Place for the Price”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Candlewood for four months while working in the area. The staff and management did everything they could to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The two rooms I stayed in (moved from a regular room to a 1 bedroom suite after a month or so) were both recently refurbished, comfortable, and quiet.

The area has plenty of places to eat and shop, though not within reasonable walking distance. The area felt reasonably safe and had great trails for walking/biking that go right by the hotel.

My only minor complaint was the billing. They billed my credit card at irregular intervals, which made tracking the costs a challenge.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely. I hated to leave there and move to another hotel 30 miles away. If it wasn't for the horrific Philly traffic, I would still be there and make the drive everyday.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor if possible and the west side of the hotel. All the rooms are reasonable quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!

Hopefully you will be working in the Willow Grove area again so that you can come back and visit us! Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here Labor Day weekend and had a lovely time. We opted to stay in a one bedroom unit (102) so that Precious Angel could take naps or go to sleep while we were able to watch tv. I don't know if it was the renovation or the different room we stayed in, but we had many more dishes and it didn't seem wasteful to run the dishwasher. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The only concern we had while we were there was that someone kept propping the door open on the end of the building near our room with a convenient stone. It may be useful for the manager or staff to periodically check to see if there are stones being left around as props and also for them to check periodically that the outdoor doors are secure. The neighborhood is fine, so I wasn't overly concerned, but I did have to close the door about once a day. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of sheets and blankets. The renovated kitchen appliances all seemed to work properly for us. We had a great stay and we will be back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christens02
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the extra space and the extra dishes that our one bedroom suite has to offer. I will be sure to share the kind words that you expressed with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Willow Grove.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my husband. The location was a little strange, but once found the hotek was very nice. The room was spacious with everything that was needed and more. There is a full kitchen along with a DVD player and wifi. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lildebbie107

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed to space of your room, the full kitchen, DVD payer and wifi. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Willow Grove area.

Tim potter

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I swore I would never stay in this hotel again but my husband whined and complained that this hotel was renovated and was the cheapest available for the weekend and if it was bad again he would shut up and I would never hear him mention it again. SO FINE I BOOKED IT AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGMENT.

Well I was wrong and he was right. For the first time ever in our marriage.

The hotel is much nicer now than before. The staff is great, I messed up the booking (it was 100% my fault) and the front desk person took care of me completely. We had a great night here and would stay here again. The only bad thing was I had to eat crow from my husband but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bigshotlawyer
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor!

We really appreciate the kind remarks you have, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will be able to come back and visit us again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. This is a cosmetically pleasing hotel which went thru renovations in the past year. When we walked in to check in there was not a non-smoking room available but we were willing to wait for one to be cleaned. Upon entrance to the hotel room there was a strong food smell (curry) and there were no towels in our room. The front desk delivered towels and air freshener. When we returned after an exhausting family event, to get the kids settled, there were no sheets for the fold out bed, so back to the front desk for them. The kids were settled into bed and when we turned off the lights, there were buzzing noises around us. We turned on the lights and there were no less than 10 outdoor bugs including flies, lightning bugs and mosquitos. Assuming that they snuck in the open window (presumably airing out the room due to strong smell) we smashed all we could see and tried to go to sleep. Within five seconds, I felt something creeping around on me. I promptly delivered my pillow with a creepy crawly critter to the gentleman at the front desk who profusely apologized. He offered to do whatever I wanted, not being inclined to wake up/pack up all the kids, we moved to the third floor to a very clean room where I couldn't get the heebeejeebees to go away... The next morning, I went to the front desk to ask for my receipt and was given a $20 discount for my dissatisfaction!!! Later, they reduced all the charges, but I will not be staying there again and neither should you!

Room Tip: No pool. No restaurant. In the middle of a business park.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Denise C
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites – Willow Grove. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so please contact me at timothy.potter@ihg.com . We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Willow Grove.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Internet came and left... Constantly! This was going on all day. They did not feel responsible for the situation.
Aggravated my spouse a great deal. It is quite far , so location is not an advantage .no breakfast offered. This was important as we left early.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DANIELLA107
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that our internet service fell below your expectations. Since your stay with us we have contacted our internet provider and they have performed a system test and have fixed the problem. While our hotel does not serve breakfast in the morning we do have breakfast items for sale in our Candlewood Cupboard.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to the opportunity to serving you again when you are in the Willow Grove Area.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

They did a great job on the remodel of this hotel. Rooms clean & spacious . Bed very comfy. But th AC unit was very noisy. That needs to be the finish of the remodel. We had a bad odor of cigarette smoke in our non smoking room on a non smoking floor! We had to open the wind & run AC to get the smell out, and it was there ech night. Don't take room 228. Unless you don't mind the odor. When I told the desk, they said they would look into , never heard a thing from them. We stayed 3 nights . Ended up burning candles fr the odor. We figured it out.....or AC unit is just above exit where the smokers hang out. Intake f AC waos pulling it into our room.
So other than that, the stay was nice, they even let us in fr an early checkin.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near exits .
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us and for the wonderful comments about the space, cleanliness and the remodel of our rooms. We would like to apologize for the smoke smell that the AC unit pulled into your room from the smokers below, we are going to move the ash tray to a different location so that this problem does not occur again.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Best Western Fort Washington Inn
Best Western Fort Washington Inn
#3 of 3 in Fort Washington
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove? Share your experiences!