“If you want a good experience come to the hotel”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
“If you want a good experience come to the hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This particular hotel is in a good location the staff every one of them very professional and courteous and excellent not the greatest breakfast but they're working on it you can walk to the Super Walmart you can walk to several shops there are you television stations but I personally use netflix on and so forth on the ps3 or Roku box there are several busses you can get anywhere here my refrigerator had a problem at 10 o'clock at night by 9 a.m. the next morning I had a brand new refrigerator I mentioned a vibrating noise 2 hours later it was attended to they got on the phone with my friend for 40 minutes and help him get in here when he was lost there was a mixup with my card and I could still have a table to stay here until it got hired out and then I paid bottom line excellent service excellent staff very good hotel the Malvern and Exton ones are okay but the horse someone is fantastic very clean very friendly very nice

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

1st room had a filthy toilet but the manager was quick to assign another room. The grab-n-go breakfast was not fully stocked as we were told at check-in and no one seemed interested in getting it up to par.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnE_11
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 March 2013

It sounded great at first...decent pricing, good location, free breakfast, free Internet, and free parking, but it did not smell or feel so good.

Basically this is a pet-friendly and smoke-friendly hotel, meaning the halls/rooms will smell like pets and smoke which killed it for me. I tried airing out my room by opening the windows for hours at a time but every time I returned to the room it still smelled like dog. I ended up buying a candle at the local walmart to hide the smell which served as a quick fix.

Amenities: Having a kitchenette was the best part, the worst part was the uncomfortable queen bed in our room, did not get very good sleep due to this.

Pros: Flexible staff, inexpensive, free breakfast and Internet, kitchenette, renovated bathrooms, close to mall, restaurants and big box stores.

Cons: Smelly building/rooms and uncomfortable beds.

Overall, if you are on a serious budget this might be a decent option but I'd definitely consider paying the extra cash for a fresh room and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, 29 March 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham.
Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. We also will be investigating the odor in the corridors to ensure our systems are operating efficiently.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Up here from Florida for 12 weeks of work. The staff is great!! They go that extra mile for customer service and when you get homesick you feel like they are your extended family. Andrea is great to greet when you come in from a long day at work and takes that extra time to chat. Craig helped me work my way around the bus schedule and even gave me a token one morning when I only had a twenty. Autumn was great when I showed up from the airport shivering!! The place is clean, the grab and go in the morning is great and the staff is outstanding!! Stay here!!

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, 12 March 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

A quick side note that this review will be such that you'll think I must work for these people, but I don't. I truly cannot say enough positive things about the entire guest service crew at this hotel. Every front desk agent that I encountered absolutely bent over backwards to make sure that my stay was a pleasant one. Having come from the hospitality industry myself, I know how tough it can be to keep a staff on the same page when it comes to service standards and going the extra mile for the guest, but this team of friendly and dedicated agents are all working together towards high service standards, and it shows. It is, I'm sure, a testament to the excellent management at this property. Whenever I'm in the area, I'll always be staying at this hotel and I highly suggest others do, too!

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, 18 February 2013
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Warminster Pa however, this trip my company had me stay here since it was a longer visit. Check in was a breeze and there were no pretenses regarding the grab and go breakfast. My room was spacious and clean.( what more could I ask for). It took me a bit to get used to a different hotel chain. I was very happy with the location and the room. I only wish they had daily housekeeping. There is just something about coming in from a long day and seeing your bed made and fresh linens. With that being said I will be back since hence the word extended stay is what I need.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on a smoke free floor. I stayed on the bottom floor in the corner it was quiet as...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to your likeing. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Hi from the beginning of my stay Andrea Smith was instrumental in making a point to answer all my questions no matter how silly they were. I appreciated her real responses and advice. She is a very caring person, and surely an asset to this company and establishment.

I would recommend this place to anyone new to the area and needs a place to land until they get their bearings.

Tana

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Address: 114 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-2207
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Horsham
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Extended Stay, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Horsham