“Excellence and professionalism start to finish. A+++++”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was having lasik done and needed a place near the doctors office to stay. I rolled the dice with priceline and got the Extended Stay America in Horsham, PA. I believe I got it for $56 for the night which was a bargain. I checked in with Andrea. She was extremely polite and thorough in everything she did, including personally checking to make sure my room was ready before sending me up to it. She explained to me about the grab and go breakfast, the check in and out process, housekeeping, and everything else you can think of. Extremely professional. Next, I got to my room and quickly unpacked. The drapes were open allowing me light to see where I was going and the air was on and set to 70 as if they were expecting somebody. The room was very clean and well stocked. It had a microwave, stove top, a full size refridgerator freezer, cookwear, 2 comfy beds, cold A/C, a flatscreen t.v. with a swivel so you could watch it from anywhere in the room, and an alarm clock. You even get a kitchen sink! I called for a taxi and they arrived in 5 minutes to my surprise. I then had my lasik done and took a taxi back to the hotel. I got back to my room and ordered a pizza delivery. It showed up in 15 minutes flat steaming hot. I was floored by this. After dinner, I watched a little t.v. with my one good eye and then went to bed by 8p.m. to recover. I woke up the next morning at 7am. Nothing but peace and quiet. I did not partake in the complimentary grab and go breakfast. I heated up my pizza in the room and had that instead. I checked out which took 2 minutes tops. Andrea was there again and was very concerned to how I enjoyed my stay. Bottom line: I would stay at this place without question anytime!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is a standard Extended Stay hotel, decent rooms with no frills and a friendly and helpful staff. The location is excellent, as it is not far from stores and restaurants. The free Wi-Fi got a bit bogged down at times, but was functional for me. I was disappointed to find that the coffee pot had been left dirty and the bathroom counter had a lot of hair left on it when the room was cleaned between guests.
Some people seem to not like the beds at ESAs, but since I like a firm bed, I am always pleased with them. Having the kitchenette really helps since it is easy to stay in and save a few bucks.
The grab and go breakfast is exactly that, instant oatmeal, fruit, muffins and coffee.
This one had less television channels available than some, but still wasn't bad for that.
One of the best surprises was that the windows opened! Not something found at a lot of hotels, and it was nice to get fresh air in.
Overall, a very good stay. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area looking for a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This particular hotel is in a good location the staff every one of them very professional and courteous and excellent not the greatest breakfast but they're working on it you can walk to the Super Walmart you can walk to several shops there are you television stations but I personally use netflix on and so forth on the ps3 or Roku box there are several busses you can get anywhere here my refrigerator had a problem at 10 o'clock at night by 9 a.m. the next morning I had a brand new refrigerator I mentioned a vibrating noise 2 hours later it was attended to they got on the phone with my friend for 40 minutes and help him get in here when he was lost there was a mixup with my card and I could still have a table to stay here until it got hired out and then I paid bottom line excellent service excellent staff very good hotel the Malvern and Exton ones are okay but the horse someone is fantastic very clean very friendly very nice

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

1st room had a filthy toilet but the manager was quick to assign another room. The grab-n-go breakfast was not fully stocked as we were told at check-in and no one seemed interested in getting it up to par.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnE_11
Reviewed 19 March 2013

It sounded great at first...decent pricing, good location, free breakfast, free Internet, and free parking, but it did not smell or feel so good.

Basically this is a pet-friendly and smoke-friendly hotel, meaning the halls/rooms will smell like pets and smoke which killed it for me. I tried airing out my room by opening the windows for hours at a time but every time I returned to the room it still smelled like dog. I ended up buying a candle at the local walmart to hide the smell which served as a quick fix.

Amenities: Having a kitchenette was the best part, the worst part was the uncomfortable queen bed in our room, did not get very good sleep due to this.

Pros: Flexible staff, inexpensive, free breakfast and Internet, kitchenette, renovated bathrooms, close to mall, restaurants and big box stores.

Cons: Smelly building/rooms and uncomfortable beds.

Overall, if you are on a serious budget this might be a decent option but I'd definitely consider paying the extra cash for a fresh room and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham.
Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. We also will be investigating the odor in the corridors to ensure our systems are operating efficiently.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one I hope you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Up here from Florida for 12 weeks of work. The staff is great!! They go that extra mile for customer service and when you get homesick you feel like they are your extended family. Andrea is great to greet when you come in from a long day at work and takes that extra time to chat. Craig helped me work my way around the bus schedule and even gave me a token one morning when I only had a twenty. Autumn was great when I showed up from the airport shivering!! The place is clean, the grab and go in the morning is great and the staff is outstanding!! Stay here!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

A quick side note that this review will be such that you'll think I must work for these people, but I don't. I truly cannot say enough positive things about the entire guest service crew at this hotel. Every front desk agent that I encountered absolutely bent over backwards to make sure that my stay was a pleasant one. Having come from the hospitality industry myself, I know how tough it can be to keep a staff on the same page when it comes to service standards and going the extra mile for the guest, but this team of friendly and dedicated agents are all working together towards high service standards, and it shows. It is, I'm sure, a testament to the excellent management at this property. Whenever I'm in the area, I'll always be staying at this hotel and I highly suggest others do, too!

• Stayed: February 2013
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Horsham. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Address: 114 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-2207
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Horsham
Price Range: £55 - £87 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Horsham