“Best value clean comfortable”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The best none like extented stay America ,extremely satisfied. Will always be my first choice.I'm a truckers have stayed in hotels in every state every chain extented stay definitely the best kitchen you can cook if you like gives you choices you wouldn't have at other no other for me .

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that not only our Horsham - Welsh Road property but Extended Stay as a whole is able to meet all of your needs and satisfy you in every way possible! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to being your "home away from home" again soon!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I booked our stay on Hotwire, so I didn't know exactly what I was getting until after confirming. The hotel itself was great, the staff is friendly and efficient, the location is excellent and the room was clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed coming to the Horsham area each night after sightseeing in Philly all day. There is a ton of things to do right near the hotel, including a huge mall one way and a huge movie theater the other. The room was clean, the a/c worked great, the tv was a nice size and the bathroom had plenty of towels as well as an adjustable shower and extended size shower bar. Had the basic soap, blow dryer and iron available. The kitchen sink had a water filter on it, which was a nice surprise and the freezer had ice cube trays full of ice cubes. They don't come in and clean each day, but was actually kind of nice not to have to worry about anyone coming in when you weren't there. The only thing that annoyed me is that Hotwire lists it as having a Free Breakfast and it only has a Grab and Go station with coffee and packaged muffins and oatmeal and such. It was fully stocked and neat, but Hotwire led me to believe I would be getting an actual breakfast, so I blame Hotwire, not the hotel. Room was very quiet and peaceful. I would highly recommend this place. I read some of the bad reviews people have posted and I have to seriously wonder if they are writing about the wrong hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My main complaint other than there being no dishwasher and the guests are responsible for washing their own dishes...needless to say I washed every dish myself before using them, is the really poor Internet service. As a business traveler I depend on fast Internet and I certainly did not get it here.

As for the dishes, they don't even stock dish soap in the rooms so I can just imagine what people are using to wash their dishes. Also, paper towels would be really nice as it is an extended stay with a kitchen. I so wish my company had booked me at the Candlewood Suites down the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My staff stayed here for a week while travelling from Pittsburgh. I explained to Extended Stay that this would be, get this, an EXTENDED STAY. I told them he would be coming every week for at least the next month, June-July 2013. I was transferred to Andrea. Andrea told me I can fill out a credit card authorization form to authorize how long he can stay there. When my staff arrived, they asked for his credit card. I am the contact person on this reservation and NOT ONCE did anyone call me and let me know there was a problem with the reservation while my staff, who is Deaf, and the Extended Stay staff went back and forth. I specifically requested to be contacted if there were any problems. So my staff came in and told me what happened. I called the hotel and was told I filled out the auth form wrong, even thought I filled it out WITH that person on the phone AND faxed it to her!
Fast forward to today - my staff arrived in the office this morning. He told me he had to wait TWO HOURS last night to check in and when he was finally given a room, SOMEONE ELSE was already in the room!!!! On Friday, I spoke with Maureen and I confirmed the dates that my staff would be staying in the hotel - I said he will be staying Sunday 6/30-Wednesday 7/3. Last night my staff was told his reservation started 7/1 and not 6/30 and he would have to give his credit card if he wanted to stay there (which he did, and that's when he was given an occupied room!) AGAIN, I was not contacted in any of this! My staff drove 6 hours from Pittsburgh and instead of being able to go right to his room, he had to sit in the lobby for 2 hours while waiting for the staff to figure out what was going on. I called this morning to speak to andrea but she's not in until later, I spoke with Maureen, she apologized and asked me to give them "one more chance" . Funny thing is, we had trouble in October 2012 when a staff stayed here and was given a dirty hotel room. So this already was their second chance.

Renovations and new decor does not make a good hotel - friendly, organized customer service really makes a good hotel. This hotel does not have that! So because of that, I cancelled my staff's stay here for the rest of the month and found a different place to stay. It's ridiculous that anyone should have to deal with all of this!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Reserved a room for 2 nights, met a friendly staff named Maureen. Answered all my questions since it was my first time staying and booking a hotel. All I wanted was a clean room with air conditioning. They got me a spacious corner room (room 317) where there's two windows with a beautiful country view. Kitchen with every entities like a full size fridge, a stove, pots and pans, and even plates and silverware utensils!

The flat screen TV with channels includes both local and movie shows was my favorite part. The free Wi-Fi is always there, the speed is fast yet fair if your just using it casually like Facebook. I don't recommend playing online games or stream movies with the free Wi-Fi so best if you upgrade to their faster Internet packages. Only problem was the water pressure was a little weak. I had to flush twice and it waste so much water, and the shower doesn't get all the water to siphon from the facet to the shower head. Yet they're both still operable so I didn't mind in the end. I didn't pay much attention on the grab and go breakfast as soon I went out the hotel the whole breakfast station was almost swiped clean, this was around 8:30am.

The bed was really comfortable, the pillows were clean and soft. The air conditioner does makes a little mild noise (just like any other home AC) but you should be able to sleep trough it, it's nothing too bad and you might hear occasional small bangs outside the room almost like one of the heating pipes. Most of the day it's quiet. On check out, met with Andrea who was very polite and kind. Ask me to give a review for the Hotel. I left the Hotel with complete satisfaction so at least I can do for them is to tell give my wonderful experience here.

Few things everyone should know is that check in time is 3pm to get your room and check out by 11am. Also! If you register a account and subscribe your email (whole thing is free and quick) you can get like 10% off on our next reservation it's all on their Extended Stay website. Just saying.

- A Media Technician and a happy customer.

1  Thank Lzn5036
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night prior to our flight.. Disgusting.. Hair on the floors, linen, and chairs... Bugs biting us all night under the covers.. Numerous times being awakened to the sound of someone attempting to open our DOUBLE locked door! Approached by seedy men in parking lot inviting to their hotel room party in room 218!! Yikes our room was 222..a little too close for comfort... We left room for dinner, left tv on, we return to find tv off.. Huh! Front desk was in denial and oblivious or just didn't care... We couldn't get out of that hell hole quick enjoy at 5am!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The initial impression of the grounds and the building was clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was very simple and all of my questions were answered right away. The next time we need to stay in a hotel in the area, we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd.

Address: 114 Welsh Rd, Horsham, PA 19044-2207
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Horsham
Ranked #1 of 1 Speciality Lodging in Horsham
Price Range: £55 - £79 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Welsh Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Horsham