“A Lot of Hype”
Review of Speed Raceway

Speed Raceway
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Horsham
More attraction details
Owner description: Speed Raceway is the nations newest and hottest, most complete indoor Go Kart racing and Karting entertainment facility. Whether you are building corporate team spirit, launching a new product, entertaining a new client, having a party, or just want to come in and race we are the perfect venue and facility for your needs. Features: Go Kart Racing, Slot car racing, Race Simulator, Arcade games, Birthday party rooms, Conference rooms and more.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Peculiar place. Staff acts like they are doing you a favor for waiting on you. You have potentially long waits between races and quite frankly, the carts are not that fast. It should be called Drag Raceway because that is what it is....a drag.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed the go-karts here - they are very fast! This was a fun experience, but something you only really need to do once, unless racing is your thing. The staff is friendly and helpful and you get print outs of your results, which is cool.

If you are on the taller side, you might have a hard time fitting into the go-karts - I am 6'1" and couldnt keep my legs straight.

Its a fun place to try out.

1  Thank Bunch91
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I don't go for go karting often but whenever I have done it I have enjoyed it very much. It was my first time in Speed Raceway and first time with electric go karts, I was part of corporate event organized by my employer. Everybody in my group (~30 people) was booked for 2 races.
I did my first race and I was so excited with the responsive karts, wide tracks, sharp turns no fumes etc. I got the fastest time in our groups (~30 people).
I was looking forward to the second race and eager to enjoy it to the fullest and improve my time.
Here come the second race and all my excitement turned into disappointment. I don't know why but maximum speed of our karts was reduced and we could never enjoy the full speed that we experienced in first race. It was such a big let-down. I had pressed the accelerator to the full and still I didn't need to apply any breaks during entire laps and my time was very high compared to first time. And the icing on the cake was that my lap times were not being recorded in their list and once I realized that I was waving like a joker and telling the guides about the problem and after waving so hard and so long somehow they realized the problem and rectified it. My lap times started getting recorded and last 3 lap times were included in their results.
It was such a big disappointment :(.
The slow speed of the carts compared to first race was experienced by everybody in my group. When we complained about it they didn't give any satisfactory answer. I guess it was for “the safety of our group”. Even though I didn’t hit or bumped into any other racer even once and didn’t hit the track side walls they somehow decided that we can’t handle the top speed and kept us slow.
Anyways this place would be good if you want to drive karts at a leisurely pace. But I would warn you to bet your money on this place if you want to have a good fun, driving fast, taking sharp turns, overtaking your fellow racers. If you try doing that your kart's speed will be reduced and you will feel like you are taking a stroll in a park.

1  Thank APS_APS
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went there with 8 friends after dinner on Jan,30.2014. Had one race and decided to race again. waited an hour and in that hour we noticed our names came up to start and then taken away and other names came up. waited a little longer and it never happen. We could tell there were regular races there and it was obvious they put them ahead of us. we went up front and asked them and of course they had no answer so they returned us the money and gave us a coupon for next time. most of us will not return anymore. seems like they take care of certain people and not the once and a while racers.

1  Thank clockalot
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The short review is that it was fleeting fun, but expensive, with a long wait time (40 minutes for an 8 minute race), even with a reservation. On the positive side, it's clean and the cars are electric, fast, and fun to drive. The place is new and has potential if they can work out some of the negative aspects.

They need a snackbar, for one thing. Secure lockers for personal items would also be great. The motorcycle helmets they make you wear are a bit heavy, esp. for kids. But the biggest issue is that your race is over in a flash. They tell you "it's not a race" but it actually is. The ones who zoom around the track faster will end the non-race earlier, meaning if you're last, you'll be shortchanged out of your 14 laps. Your "Race Statistics" sheet spells out exactly how many laps you took. In our case, we had fast racers on our track, so they quickly burned through 15 laps and then all of us were directed off the track. Meanwhile the slower drivers among us had only gotten around 9 times. To the manager's credit, we complained about this and were given a "free race" each if we ever decide to trek back out there and wait again.

Bottom line, the place has potential, but they have some work to do.