“Probably won't stay here again....”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
PA
“Probably won't stay here again....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

My DH and I stayed at ther Hershey Garden Inn on April 17th and 18th. The hotel is very clean and in a nice location.

I was excited to try a sleep number type bed, but very disappointed in the bed. The bed was as hard as a board. Our first night, I sat down on the bed and it was way too firm for me. So I turned the sleep number to soft, but I could not tell a difference. My husband did the same thing on his side. We only slept a few hours that night b/c we were too uncomfortable.

The next morning I asked the front desk person if they could see if the bed was broken. I don't know if they checked the bed or not.

I happened to be in the room when housekeeping came (not until 3pm) and I asked her if she could do anything else for us, but she couldn't. So we had another sleepless night.

The hotel is very nice and if you like a firm mattress then this hotel is for you!

We did not try the breakfast buffet, but it did smell good! We went to the Cocoa Diner near the hotel and it was a "diner", but the food was very good!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

I stay here last night, and while I like the hotel and location, I will be careful about booking here again.

I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke. I booked a non smoking room. At some point late at night, I noticed that horrible smell and my eyes starting burning and my nose flared up. Two guys were apprently smoking in the hall not far from my room. (3rd floor). When I got up this morning I could still smell smoke, and the hallway smelled like a big ashtray.

This is totally unacceptable for a non smoker to have to deal with everyone else's disgusting habit. I will be looking for a smoke free hotel from now on. This hotel does not qualify.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ravenboy
Middle Village, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Hershey Area. It is close to all the attractions and rates are extremely reasonable. Clean rooms, indoor pool, sauna and nice gym adds to the lure of the hotel. Great breakfast; prepared anyway you enjoy breakfasts. 5 minutes from Hersheypark and Chocolate World.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
amckitrick, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again!

Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I've stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn several times over the past 8 years and they consistently provide the best customer service! The staff is so friendly; many of them have worked there for years and always remember their guests! This hotel is so clean you would think it was brand new. Their made-to-order breakfast is the best! This is a great location for business or pleasure!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Thank you very much for staying at our property. We're glad you feel welcomed each time you're here! We look forward to having you again. Have a great day!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

We got off 81N worrying about the monster storm of the century and looked for a nearby Hilton. This place has it all for the stranded traveler. Bill at check in was friendly, fast and professional. The room was immaculate, free internet and adjustable desk chair, lobby snacks and self service bar and a fireplace to hang out by, the Financial Times provided with free coffee etc in the am. Washing machines if you're really stuck, small but fine pool and spa, microwave and fridge in the room.
Handy location for the chocolate tour if that's what you're there for!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
amckitrick, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Thank you very much for the kind words about our property and Bill at the front desk. I'm glad we were able to take good care of you during your trip. We hope you'll come back and see us again! Thanks again!

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

Hotel was a very nice, did a quick trip to Hershey and was within 15 minutes of everything we wanted to see in the area. The staff was very helpful, rooms were modern and cozy. The beds did have the sleep number system but didnt seem to work for me or my friends, oh well. Had bar service in the lobby at night, did not come with a free continental breakfast though.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding our property! We appreciate it and hope to see you again!
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

My husband, our 22 month old boy and I stayed at the Hilton Garden on Dec 29-30 2010 for a mini getaway to Hershey and Roundtop (snow tubing). We truly enjoyed our stay. For a very reasonable price including breakfast, we got a nice size room perfectly clean with a mini fridge which is great when traveling with a toddler. The room wasn't big, but we also don't need much space. Bathroom was perfectly clean. Staff was very welcoming. The location was great, only few minutes away from Hershey park, and about 40 min from Roundtop. We also enjoyed a great dinner at a downtown Hershey restaurant (Hershey pantry) which turns out only 5 min or so from the hotel. We were very happy with our stay and even got to enjoy their indoor pool! The only thing I would say is the breakfast selection isn't outstanding, but still very reasonable. It sure was worth the convenience. Why didn't I give it a 5 pts on room? Simply because the vent of the heating system was slightly loud, but nothing to keep me up.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!