“Convenient to Hershey Park, but not the cleanest.”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient to Hershey Park, but not the cleanest.”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We found several small bugs during our 2 night stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TAP647

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Westlake, Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I rented three rooms for our three night stay and was very favorably impressed with the hotel staff. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast bar is superb and reasonable.
Waffle, pancakes, french toast and omeletes are made to order.
Consider this Hilton as a completely acceptable alternative to the pricier hotels in the Hershey area. Besides it's only 5 minutes from Hershey Park. We will absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Local restaurants deliver right to your room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel this weekend when we took our son to Hershey Park. I had done some research and read good reviews about it and I was not disappointed at all. The room was very clean, the bed was comfy and the staff was friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
PA
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My DH and I stayed at ther Hershey Garden Inn on April 17th and 18th. The hotel is very clean and in a nice location.

I was excited to try a sleep number type bed, but very disappointed in the bed. The bed was as hard as a board. Our first night, I sat down on the bed and it was way too firm for me. So I turned the sleep number to soft, but I could not tell a difference. My husband did the same thing on his side. We only slept a few hours that night b/c we were too uncomfortable.

The next morning I asked the front desk person if they could see if the bed was broken. I don't know if they checked the bed or not.

I happened to be in the room when housekeeping came (not until 3pm) and I asked her if she could do anything else for us, but she couldn't. So we had another sleepless night.

The hotel is very nice and if you like a firm mattress then this hotel is for you!

We did not try the breakfast buffet, but it did smell good! We went to the Cocoa Diner near the hotel and it was a "diner", but the food was very good!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I stay here last night, and while I like the hotel and location, I will be careful about booking here again.

I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke. I booked a non smoking room. At some point late at night, I noticed that horrible smell and my eyes starting burning and my nose flared up. Two guys were apprently smoking in the hall not far from my room. (3rd floor). When I got up this morning I could still smell smoke, and the hallway smelled like a big ashtray.

This is totally unacceptable for a non smoker to have to deal with everyone else's disgusting habit. I will be looking for a smoke free hotel from now on. This hotel does not qualify.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ravenboy
Middle Village, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Hershey Area. It is close to all the attractions and rates are extremely reasonable. Clean rooms, indoor pool, sauna and nice gym adds to the lure of the hotel. Great breakfast; prepared anyway you enjoy breakfasts. 5 minutes from Hersheypark and Chocolate World.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
amckitrick, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us, we look forward to serving you again!

Tony McKitrick
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I've stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn several times over the past 8 years and they consistently provide the best customer service! The staff is so friendly; many of them have worked there for years and always remember their guests! This hotel is so clean you would think it was brand new. Their made-to-order breakfast is the best! This is a great location for business or pleasure!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Thank you very much for staying at our property. We're glad you feel welcomed each time you're here! We look forward to having you again. Have a great day!

Tony McKitrick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!