“Friendliest Staff and Cleanest Hotel Ever!”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I love this Hilton Garden Inn! Everytime I stay the service is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful from the breakfast servers to the bartender, the front desk, the housekeepers and the General Manager! I love that I can get a great dinner and a glass of wine in the evening without having to leave the hotel! The rooms look brand new and are always so clean and quiet! I highly recommend this hotel when you are visiting the Hershey area!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Carla,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am so pleased that you are enjoying the new guest room design and the convenience of the Garden Grille. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel all over the place and one of my favorite hotels to stay in are the Hilton Garden Inn's. Being it's off season in Hershey, I decided to stay here instead of the Hampton Inn that I always stay at when I'm in the area for business. I cannot say enough about the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn. Best ever! However, the rooms had an overpowering smell of some kind of air freshener. We tried two other rooms and they both had the same smell. I've never done this before but I checked out and went to my ole' faithful Hampton. I have allergies and would have never been able to sleep. I've never smelled the air freshener at other Hilton Garden Inn's so I think the room attendants at this property overspray. Otherwise, this hotel is nice and in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Waterfalls lover,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Loyal Hilton guests often offer a particularly valuable insight into our property. Please accept my apologies that the fragrance in the room was overpowering for you. Please know that we have addressed this item with our team and it should not occur again. As with most Hilton properties, please feel free to contact us if we can make special arrangements in the room preparation regarding chemical and fragrance usage. We hope you consider staying with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may be of assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This may be the most overpriced hotel at which I have every stayed - I have stayed at 4 & 5 star hotels and at times have paid little more than for the Hilton where I paid close to $300 for one night. I had an expectation of nicer amenities and a larger room what we had was average -3 star at best. I wrote a prior review about the Kirkley in Lynchburg - between the two the rooms were comparable - I paid $100/night at the Kirkley. The Hilton was not 3 times as nice in any way. If the rate is because of its proximity to Hershey Park somewhat understandable - however having been to Disney many times, $300 goes a lot farther in the quality of the rooms and amenities in Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Cape Cod Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please know that our rates fluctuate based on occupancy. We rely on your feedback to improve and I would welcome an opportunity to speak in more detail about your stay. I'd love to know how the service was and if you enjoyed the new lobby set up. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please reach out to me directly with any additional feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several months (few days each week) while working on a long-term project. It is adequate for a business traveler. Staff respect gold and platinum status with guaranteed reservations when sold-out and preferred rooms.

The hotel is small, so not very luxurious. They were working on a hotel restaurant during my time there. "Room service" was hit or miss and outsourced to a local restaurant. Rooms were comfortable, but the tv selection was extremely limited. During heavy winter snow, very few channels worked (obviously using satellite tv, not cable).

Favorite ammenity: Morning breakfast. This is probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever had on the road. Freshly cooked with waitresses. Be sure to tip well, and the chef's will whip up a daily special for you!

Insider tip: Shower at night--hot water was very low in the mornings around 6AM.

Note to management: Replace the antiquated wall mounted AC units with central heat/air.

Room Tip: For the highest amount of peace and quiet, stay on the top (3rd) floor. Usually reserved for busines...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Marriott Gold,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You mentioned that during your most recent visit in March the Garden Grill was under renovation, we are pleased to let you know that it ahs been completed. We still offer the delicious breakfast that you enjoyed during your visit with the addition of additional items throughout the day. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were going to the HersheyPark in the Dark event on 10/19/13, and the Hampton Inn on Chocolate Avenue was full, so being a Hilton property fan, we chose the HGI in Hummelstown. The location is great, as we often camp at the Hershey campground right nearby, so we were familiar with our surroundings. The HGI room (123) was clean, in good condition, and easy to get to. We didn't use the pool, or dine in the hotel, but did avail ourselves of a snack on evening, and appreciated the coffee in the lobby each morning. We would still try to stay at our favorite Hampton Inn next time, but this HGI is a good back-up choice for us.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

GWS154,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and are glad that a happy accident brought you to our hotel. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities and I am glad that we hit our mark with you. We understand your allegiance to the Hampton Inn, but look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here to attend the AACA car show at Hershey Park, check-in was smooth and effortless, our room was comfortable and clean. The property appeared in overall very good condition. No complaints. The restaurant lacks atmosphere and its setup in the lobby was a marked change from other Hilton Gardens we have stayed at, not a big deal for us, we just chose not to utilize it.

The only issue was not hotel related, the weather ruined our stay as it began heavily raining just as we arrived and it continued with up to 10" predicted, causing us to check out a day early, as there was no way to complete our plans in the rain. I was surprised that we were charged a $50.00 cancellation fee for leaving a day earlier than planned, as loyal Hilton Honors members, we felt our business unappreciated. However, their game their rules, we have re-booked this hotel to try and do it again next year, but with their cancellation policy will instead just cancel with the 72 hour notice if the weather is at all threatening.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Mr. Clean,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I regret that the weather did not cooperate with your plans, although there are many great things to do outdoors in Hershey, we also recommend the Hershey Story Museum, Chocolate World, Hershey Factory Tours as well as a number of other indoor attractions between here and Harrisburg such as the Civil War Museum, Science Center and Pennsylvania State Museum. I certainly hope that during your next trip the weather does not interfere, but if it does consider all of the other fabulous attractions in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back, please let me know if I may be of any other assistance in advance of your trip.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Rooms are ok, hotel is clean, plenty of creature comforts, and nice employees, BUT...

The kitchen and dinner service is some of the worst I've experienced. They are either very short staffed, or incompetent. On a recent Tuesday night, with only 2-3 total tables with patrons in the entire restaurant, our table of 4 waited over 1 hour and 20 minutes for our food. The waitress was somewhat hard to find, but also apologetic the few times she checked on us, only to promise us a free drink and then have us remind her 15 minutes later on her next visit that we still haven't gotten our drinks refilled. One of our party order the Fish and Chips, and was not told until 45 minutes AFTER she ordered, that the kitchen had no fish and chips in stock and to choose an alternate meal. And once we received it, the food was very substandard (obviously frozen, thawed and microwaved). My $11 burger was worse than I could've gotten at McDonald's across the street for $0.99. I would definitely recommend to avoid the hotel restaurant and visit one of the nearby establishments in the Hershey area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Lance,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I am pleased to hear that the service and hotel were to the high level we expect. I am disappointed to hear that your experience in the Garden Grille did not display that same level of service and that it so substantially effected your overall impression of the hotel. Please accept my apologies that we missed an opportunity to take care of you. Please know that we will use your comments as a training opportunity and will continue to monitor the quality and service that we are providing. Please reach out to me directly so I have an opportunity to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.
313-253-4344

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!