“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Summit, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent stay. Close to the parks. Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast! Would definitely stay here again. Free parking. very nice and clean rooms and the lobby is very chic. We ate breakfast the 2 days we were there and loved it. Very big selection. everything was fresh and the staff was very attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Karla,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you found complimentary parking, fresh breakfast, and the location convenient for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dover, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Extremely comfy beds & accommodations. Everything is top of the line, including having a keurig in my room!! Extremely clean & housekeeping staff was very friendly & helpful. Loved our stay!! Will definitely return & also highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of quality and service that you described you received during your stay. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!
Perth
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Contrary to some other reviewers, I didn't find anything to get all that excited about at this hotel.

While Garden Inn's in general do a good job in offering relatively cheap accommodation within an upscale feel, the reality is that most of that feel is limited to the outside and the foyer. Once you get into the corridors and rooms, they really are just stock standard.

The HGI at Hummelstown is really well located in that its only a few minutes drive from Hershey Park and well served with a range of close by family restaurants. Its also close to the highway so getting in and out is easy.

The room itself was standard but what I didn't like is the paper cups in the bathroom, the stains on furniture and carpet that remain from previuous careless guests and the bed and pillows which I found to be uncomfortable.

The breakfast was at best mediocre with the bacon and potatoes extremely dry and most of the pastries looking less than fresh. I think the $10.95 price tag was in fact expensive for the quality of the food. But the servers were great and the upscale surroundings pleasant enough.

But overall I think the furnishings and colours of the foyer just mask the fact that what sits behind is really just a modest hotel that only offers what you could reasonably expect for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Gaz Perth,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and tips for your fellow travelers. I am pleased that the location was convenient for your visit. We will be using your feedback as a training opportunity for our housekeeping and culinary team. I certainly hope that we have a chance to welcome you back again. Please reach out to me if I may be of any personal assistance.
313-253-4344
Port St. Lucie
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I love this Hilton Garden Inn! Everytime I stay the service is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful from the breakfast servers to the bartender, the front desk, the housekeepers and the General Manager! I love that I can get a great dinner and a glass of wine in the evening without having to leave the hotel! The rooms look brand new and are always so clean and quiet! I highly recommend this hotel when you are visiting the Hershey area!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Carla,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am so pleased that you are enjoying the new guest room design and the convenience of the Garden Grille. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor!
Jersey Shore
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel all over the place and one of my favorite hotels to stay in are the Hilton Garden Inn's. Being it's off season in Hershey, I decided to stay here instead of the Hampton Inn that I always stay at when I'm in the area for business. I cannot say enough about the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn. Best ever! However, the rooms had an overpowering smell of some kind of air freshener. We tried two other rooms and they both had the same smell. I've never done this before but I checked out and went to my ole' faithful Hampton. I have allergies and would have never been able to sleep. I've never smelled the air freshener at other Hilton Garden Inn's so I think the room attendants at this property overspray. Otherwise, this hotel is nice and in a good location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Waterfalls lover,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Loyal Hilton guests often offer a particularly valuable insight into our property. Please accept my apologies that the fragrance in the room was overpowering for you. Please know that we have addressed this item with our team and it should not occur again. As with most Hilton properties, please feel free to contact us if we can make special arrangements in the room preparation regarding chemical and fragrance usage. We hope you consider staying with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may be of assistance with future reservations.
313-253-4344
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This may be the most overpriced hotel at which I have every stayed - I have stayed at 4 & 5 star hotels and at times have paid little more than for the Hilton where I paid close to $300 for one night. I had an expectation of nicer amenities and a larger room what we had was average -3 star at best. I wrote a prior review about the Kirkley in Lynchburg - between the two the rooms were comparable - I paid $100/night at the Kirkley. The Hilton was not 3 times as nice in any way. If the rate is because of its proximity to Hershey Park somewhat understandable - however having been to Disney many times, $300 goes a lot farther in the quality of the rooms and amenities in Orlando.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Cape Cod Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please know that our rates fluctuate based on occupancy. We rely on your feedback to improve and I would welcome an opportunity to speak in more detail about your stay. I'd love to know how the service was and if you enjoyed the new lobby set up. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please reach out to me directly with any additional feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several months (few days each week) while working on a long-term project. It is adequate for a business traveler. Staff respect gold and platinum status with guaranteed reservations when sold-out and preferred rooms.

The hotel is small, so not very luxurious. They were working on a hotel restaurant during my time there. "Room service" was hit or miss and outsourced to a local restaurant. Rooms were comfortable, but the tv selection was extremely limited. During heavy winter snow, very few channels worked (obviously using satellite tv, not cable).

Favorite ammenity: Morning breakfast. This is probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever had on the road. Freshly cooked with waitresses. Be sure to tip well, and the chef's will whip up a daily special for you!

Insider tip: Shower at night--hot water was very low in the mornings around 6AM.

Note to management: Replace the antiquated wall mounted AC units with central heat/air.

Room Tip: For the highest amount of peace and quiet, stay on the top (3rd) floor. Usually reserved for busines...