“weekend trip with grandchildren”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice hotel, the staff excellent, Bill was very helpful with all the questions we asked. would definitely go back there again. It's also a great location, close to everything. Loved having the indoor pool, grandchildren loved it. Breakfast was great too, nice selection, server were always very sweet

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Rosemarie,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a great stay. Breakfast was fantastic - be sure to give it a try. Marilyn was wonderful. My kids looked for her each morning at breakfast. She made our stay extra special. The Hershey's Kisses were also great.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kamac55
Reviewed 26 July 2014

There may be some who think reviewing a hotel is unfair if you've never stayed there, and I agree to a certain point. But there are things you should know as a potential customer of this hotel before booking a stay here.

My family booked a vacation here, planning to go to Hershey Park and area attractions. We booked through booking.com, and the contract between this hotel and booking.com is an ugly one. If you need to cancel, no matter how legitimate your reason may be, the hotel will keep ALL OF YOUR PAYMENT. (No matter how early you call to cancel.) Which, for us, at three nights was - $882.62.

Both booking.com and The Hilton Garden Inn Hershey have been playing a blaming game, but overall, the staff at Booking.com has been far more kind and helpful during this disaster. At The Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, Chad in reservations acted shady during a lengthy telephone conversation, would not answer some direct questions, and outright lied by saying his hotel did not have my money. I checked my online bank statement following our conversation - and low and behold - the full amount of the 3 night stay was charged by The Hilton Garden Inn Hershey.

I have been trying to contact the general manager, Steve [--], but he has not returned any of my calls. My family has not done a lot of vacationing in the past 5 years, and I'm stupefied that a hotel can legally keep all of your money when cancelling in a timely manner. I can understand keeping a non-refundable reservation fee, but a policy that doesn't return a dime of your money when you cancel early and are unable to reschedule - it's unethical, immoral, and just plain ridiculous.

The hotel has blamed booking.com for it's policies - but I ask this: Other hotels do not have the same policy. Who sets these policies? And why does the hotel staff's actions make it seem like they get to pocket this money directly into their paychecks? Not answering questions, lying, not returning phone calls... it's all bad business. The Hilton 'values' are not carried out at this particular chain, not in the least. I'm sickened over this, $900 is a LOT of money to my family.

2  Thank iggywood
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Iggywood,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding. We were able to make an exception in your situation and request that Booking.com refund your deposit. These agreements are put in place in order for the hotel and these third party sites to offer you the lowest rate available, which works perfectly in most cases. We do understand that there are extenuating circumstances and we are pleased to have been able to assist you.

I understand that Steve and Barbara were able to speak with you and resolve this for you.

When the opportunity arises I certainly hope that we are able to welcome you in! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of any assistance. I would be happy to personally attend to your reservation and ensure the details are just right.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Quick weekend trip to Hershey Park. This property is perfect in every way! Clean - as in spotless! Large comfortable rooms, everything modern and in working order. Complimentary water bottles given at check-in. Complimentary wifi for every guest. Free parking. Staff is over the top. Greeted at check in by Linda. She remembered our names (even the little ones) and always asked us how things were going. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, genuine and accommodating. Breakfast was pleasant and cooked to order. Rita has been our server for years, always remembers us and has watched our kids grow up! Fantastic lady! Could not ask for anything more. Property is 1 mile from Hershey Park and all the attractions. Location is great with several restaurants and shops nearby. Have stayed here before and will do so again in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

aerobik,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to the hotel. It is a pleasure to welcome you and your family back year after year. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff at this hotel is wonderful and helpful. The lobby and pool were clean and nice. The room was clean but immediately when we opened the door, it smelled horrible. I'm not sure if it was mildew or mold or coming from the ventilation system. We didn't change rooms because we checked in late and my kids fell asleep immediately. Breakfast was great, worth the 13.95 per person and the waitress was very nice. Probably wouldn't stay here again as I couldn't sleep. Having said that, I may try it again and just make sure the room is okay before we get settled.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Kristi S

Kristi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel service team, they take great pride in the positive impact that they have on your visit. Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room you were assigned did not meet our high standards for cleanliness. We will address your concern immediately. Please contradict me directly so I can take a chance to follow up on your experience. I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back and provide the experience we are known for.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are in the Hershey area this is the hotel to stay in, amazing staff, great breakfast, really nice pool close to Hershey. What a great weekend and not to forget Bill at the front desk what a doll.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet and cool

Maurs,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit with us. I appreciate the fact that you recognized Bill specifically for the positive impact he had on your visit. We will be sure to share your comments with him. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I very much enjoy this hotel. The employees deliver solid service, the facility is very nice, and it's in a great location. All of Hershey seems to be overpriced; the Hilton Garden Inn was reasonable comparatively speaking.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Susan,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
313-253-4344

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!