“Great Service Mr. Mosley”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Centreville, Virginia
“Great Service Mr. Mosley”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I just returned home from Hershey after a fantastic weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hershey. We love visiting Hershey and have stayed at the Comfort Inn, Hershey Lodge and even the Hershey Hotel. Each of those experiences were unique but none of those Hotels surpassed the personal and attentive service that received from the HGI staff. We felt welcome by all of people that we encountered but no more so than from Mr. William Mosley. He took particular care of my children by offering each of them a small cup of Hershey's Kisses. It meant so much to them and made them feel special. He assisted us in trying finding a short cut to the park during the Joyce Meyers Event which backed up traffic for miles. He even showed us a local Church that we could attend the next time we visit which will likely be next month, Affordable, close to the attractions and world class service made for a memorable weekend.

The Farmer Family

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Anthony,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding Bill. Bill is a true service professional and loves to create memorable experiences for our guests, we will be thrilled to know you had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I go to Hershey for business, and though I have other more "luxurious" options available, I prefer the stay at this hotel primarily because of the staff. They are very helpful, friendly, and always seem to be willing to give a helping hand and make your stay enjoyable. It's "home" for me whenever I'm at Hershey PA.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Wall, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a pleasant stay at Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Hersheypark. Perfectly close (about 2 miles away) from the park and very close to a wide variety of restaurants. Usual fast food McDs, etc. Great diner down the street - Soda Jerk Diner. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Room was a standard room - nothing extraordinary - on the small side. But it was perfect since all I wanted was a clean and comfortable place to sleep. Save your money and don't eat the breakfast buffet. While it was fine - it was expensive. Staff was friendly and pleasant. I have no major complaints. Don't bother with the gift shop unless it's an emergency, since there are plenty of stores nearby if you need anything you may have forgotten. Kmart just across Highway.

Ronald,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. Our guests find the conveniences on the local area to be accessible and I am pleased that you found the same to be true. Thank you for your comments about the hotel service team, we shared your comments with the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My kids and I stayed here for our visit to Hershey Park. The location was great, less than 10 minutes from the park. The staff, the pool, the room and the breakfasts were all first rate. If we go back to Hershey PA, we'll definitely stay here again.

Taylor
Reviewed 2 August 2014

was given 2 different rooms and both of them smelled of mold and mildew.....if my drive home wouldn't have been an 8 hour drive I would have left immediately. was travelling with 2 tired kids also...would not recommend this place to anyone, also has extremely hard mattresses

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
William,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. Please accept my apologies that you found there to be an odor in the rooms you experienced. Please know that our maintenance team has looked into your concerns and is taking opportunities to improve. I hope to have a chance to follow up on your concerns with you. I look forward to regaining your trust in us during future travels.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Champlain, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The only reason I am motivated to review this hotel is because I was completely blown away by the professionalism and excellence of the personnel, particularly Bill Mosley. Over the course of the summer I stayed here several times while dealing with a serious family situation, and Bill was a bright spot in an otherwise mostly dark period. He was not aware of why I was there or what was going on in my life at the time; his effervescence and warmth were apparent from the very first phone call I made to adjust reservations I had previously made online, and in person he was even more welcoming and enthusiastic. The fact that he always treated me/us in such a special way without knowing the purpose of our trips made it evident that this is simply the way Bill is on a regular basis; it was not out of sympathy, but rather because that's just how he is and how he treats everyone.
As for the hotel itself, it is clean, comfortable, and convenient without being on a main road; gives you the feeling of being away from the maddening crowds, but still with close and easy access to everything. There were a few nights when the noise from kids in other rooms was quite loud and disturbing, but this is not the fault of the hotel and I'm sure is probably quite common anywhere in a tourist town like Hershey (personally I wish they'd offer kids and no kids sections both in hotels and restaurants).
Any possible negatives about this Hilton Garden Inn are far outweighed by the friendliness and attentiveness of the personable staff; Colin, Steve, and especially Bill will be sure to make your stay a pleasant one!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
Valencia, PA, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel caters to families with small children and large groups. The staff does not control the noise levels in the hallways. The rooms located near the elevators and vending areas are unreasonably loud and guests begin filling ice chests from the ice machines at 6 AM. I guess $3 a bag for ice at a convenience store is too expensive for people who spend $200 plus per night. If you are a heavy sleeper you'll have no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Doug,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. During certain times of the year there are more families visiting us to visit the Hershey attractions. Please accept my sincere apologies that there was disruption to your sleep. Upon your return we are happy to accommodate you with a room in a secluded area. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance with future reservations or if I can follow up on any of your concerns. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!