“Happy In Hummeltown” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)

Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Happy In Hummeltown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I travel extensively and see many hotels, this is the first I like enough to write about.
The staff is wonderful and helpful.
The hotel is clean with a modern interior.
The rooms are very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Jack T
HIEHersheyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

We are so happy that you had a good stay with us while visiting Hershey! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I will share your review with my team as they look forward to hearing our guest’s comments!

Thank you for visiting us and Travel Safe!

Wayne Ambrose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

My husband and I vacationed in Hershey during our anniversary trip. We chose to stay here due to the location, and we usually do well with Holiday Inn hotels. The staff was very friendly and always wore a smile, which, to me, means a lot. The hotel has a very convenient location and was easy to drive into and out of the parking lot. The room itself was a very good size and held a king-size bed without feeling cramped. The bed in the room left something to be desired, and could really use an update. The room was clean enough, but my husband did find something quite unmentionable in the shower drain. The free breakfast was well stocked and the room never felt overcrowded (even on a Saturday); I prefer the Hampton breakfast, but this Holiday Inn served some good items. Overall, this was a good hotel. It didn't take away anything from our vacation, but it didn't add anything special to it either. If we ever stay in Hershey again we would probably try another hotel, but I would recommend this hotel to families with children and to people who just need a place to sleep and eat a free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TheDiehlsTravel
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

We truly appreciate your comments and value the time it took for you to post your review. I will share this with my team. We love to hear from our guests as it gives up a better perspective on the total guest experience as well as an opportunity to improve.

Thank you for visiting us and Travel Safe!

Suffern, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

My adult daughter and I stayed for the night here in Hershey PA. Everything was excellent. Clean, comfortable, roomy. There was a fitness center but the daughter was exhausted, as I was. We didn't wake up in time for breakfast either (6:30am-9:30am). The young man found a room which was very accessable for me near an exit door where I parked.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank amhoney
HIEHersheyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

We are glad you had a good visit at our hotel and appreciate the time it took you to post a review. Travel Safe and have a Great Holiday Season!

Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near Hershey Park in June, 2011. I had read several reviews written by customers who were unhappy. I was a little weary scarboroughabout staying at this hotel but chose to anyway because the General Manager seemed very proactive in responding to guest issues.

If you are looking for a resort, there are better choices. However, if you are looking for a clean hotel, near Hershey Park for a family stay, you should consider this hotel.

I am also a clean freak and felt comfortable staying here.

The hotel met our needs perfectly. If we are ever in the Hershey Park area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Helen G

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, away from the train because we had read a customer complaint. We actuall...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Slanegriffin96
HIEHersheyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

We are so glad that you and your family had a good stay!

I will share your review with my team. We do appreciate hearing the guest perspective directly from our guests.as it allows us to gauge what we are doing right and where we can improve.

Again, thank you for your review and Travel Safe!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel this past Veteran's Day Weekend. I must say it was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had. From the rooms, pool, breakfast (AWESOME PANCAKE MAKER) to the wonderful staff, my family really enjoyed our stay.

In particular I would like to thank Wayne Ambrose for really making our stay enjoyable. He was knowledgeable about the area and made some great suggestions for my family to do. Thank you Wayne!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank metwaly06
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

It pleases me to hear about your stay with us and thank you for your kind words! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us!

Travel Safe!

Hudson NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

If not for the bad staff I would have given this Hotel 4 stars. We were here for the RV show at the Giant center and we were going to stay for a week but ended up leaving a day early.The front desk staff was no existent. They never had name tags and from the time we checked in till we left we never got a smile, a hello, or a is everything OK.They never even got off the chair to wade on customers. The friendliest person was the breakfast girl and she did a good job keeping everything full and fresh. I reported the bed lamp was not working twice and it never got fix (come on a bulb) and the hot tub was anything but hot maybe around 75 to 80 degrees not a normal 104. The hotel location was awesome around the comer from Hershey park and an hour to Lancaster or Gettysburg. So hotel 4 stars staff 1......train your people for customer serves

Room Tip: Stay on the fron of this hotel trains run about a 100 feet from the back every 2 hours
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joe C
HIEHersheyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 30 October 2011
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

I am concerned about your experience at my hotel. I apologize on behalf of my entire team.
I am sorry we were unable to provide the quality service to you expect from Holiday Inn Express.

Please know that I will work with my team in an effort to improve their service behaviors and follow through on guest requests.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and Travel Safe!

Warm Regards,

Wayne Ambrose

Travellers are raving about these Hummelstown hotels

Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

It was an avg hotel. It was clean, which is very important to me. The daytime front desk was very nice. And they had a pool which my daughter enjoyed. By the way, I saw on other reviews negative comments about trains passing too close. We stayed on the 3rd floor where the noise is supposed to be the worst. It was not an issue even for a second. I didn't hear a train at all.

The problem during my stay was the power outage during the night. I was staying with my daughter w/out my husband and got really scared when the air got very stale, I couldn't see anything in the pitch darkness (the outage was due to a car accident that took down power lines so there were no lights outside either). I panicked. Luckily the lights went on shortly after I woke up. This, of course is not the hotel's fault. However, when I phoned downstairs to the front desk they were short with me and not very reassuring. My friend in another room phoned the front desk during the outage and no one picked up.

Additional point, is that the hotel is not worth the money they are charging. I know that it's hard to find a cheaper hotel in Hershey area. The next few nights we stayed in a B&B - a much much better value and a much better experience.

Oh, yes, breakfast was not tasty here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Victoria B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 24 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)? Share your experiences!