Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
hartford
“very good”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

good place to stay-clean and quiet---would recommend it to a friend ------stayed august 6 and 7
what else should i say----hello--good bye-ha,hahahahahahahaha,,-------- hah-this is fun-more o,oooooooooo well this is a pain in the butt

Room Tip: good place would recomend it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Yorkville, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I stayed over night on 8/17-8/18/13. We have stayed at several Hoilday inns and this was very nice but I have several complaints

#1 the refrigerator in the room woke everyone up around 2 am making a loud noise. I had to get up and double lock the door thinking someone was trying to get in! Then I heard it was the refrigerator I shook it and it stopped for a while and started again.

#2 My wife and daughters took showers and then tried to do their hair. Which they kept complaining about all the humidity left in the bathroom due to no fan. If you do your hair in a bathroom with no fan your hair does not cooperate well.( ruined their whole day!)

#3 My wife called the front desk several times asking them to have the family in the next room stop pounding on the walls. My kids were still sleeping due to the long ride and night we had. The lady at the front desk she said she was sorry and there was nothing she could do she walked the halls and heard nothing! She could of asked to come in my room and listen.

#4 I explained all this to the lady this at check out and all she could say was she was sorry. I have NEVER complained about a place we have stayed before even when the rooms were not as nice as The Holiday Inn's. But this was a very stressful stay and with no sleep made our long drive home it made it the worst. Plus the fact I had to listen to my wife and kids complain about their frizzy hair due to no bathroom fan. ( What bathroom does not have a exhaust fan? )

Room Tip: Don't bother complaining they say they are sorry but nothing gets done. Book with a better custo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Rainamark97,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise during your stay, the bathroom and customer service which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Hummelstown hotels

Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I booked hotel for two days Jul 04 and 05 in advance as wanted to take family trip on long weekend. due to circumstances I cancelled my reservation. Later I show there is one day charged on my credit card saying "No show" How did that happen.

Many times I received call from hotel confirming that your reservation is confirmed and no any Call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Public Acknowledgement:

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We would greatly appreciate further information in order that we can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I agree with the last post about this hotel. This is pricey for a holiday inn express. The room is basic. We had to wait in the middle of the day for towels. Not big deal but our room was already cleaned and they just didn't put new towels in the bathroom. They need more seating for the free breakfast they offer in the lobby. Pool is nice. Hot tub didn't work. The biggest issue for me was the mattress. For over $200 a night I expect a better mattress. The ones they have now are done and should be replaced.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Alan M
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I bought tickets to the VH1 Mixtape Festival for Friday, July 26th and Saturday July 27th. It was me, my daughter, my cousin and her daughter. I picked this hotel because my cousin had stayed there before and recommended it. It is exactly 2 miles from Hershey Park, has plenty of parking spaces and is across the street from Sheetz. There is also a Panera and Applebees within a quarter mile. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the price. The rate is about $225 a night and since I'd already paid a pretty penny for the concert tickets, it was just too expensive for my tastes. I only rented at this hotel because honestly, my cousin is used to staying at expensive hotels. I realize we were super close to Hershey, but I will most likely stay a little further away next time to save money. Again, great hotel and if the price isn't a problem, then you should definitely plan on staying here when you visit Hershey Park.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle S
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I don't even know where to start...this is one of the pricest Holiday inns that I have stayed at and it was the worst one that I have ever stayed at as well. The lobby and stairs were dirty and looked like it hadn't been vacummed in a LOONG time. The breakfast area was SO small and cramped that it made breakfast a complete and total madhouse! I would have had a more enjoyable breakfast at McDonalds. They kept running out of food. There was this omelet that had a very weird mixture inside. Our room was right outside of the elevator and was very noisy. The room itself was clean and the beds were ok (which is the ONLY reason I am giving it 2 stars)but the carpet was torn and frayed in many places. You could smell the pool throughout the whole building. They got my bill wrong and charged us for a cot that we never received. I was soo frustrated after one night and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Never again will I stay here and you shouldn't either. There is a wonderful Holiday Inn off of I81 just a bit further up the road. They were booked the night we wanted to stay so we stayed here instead. Not gonna make that mistake twice. My message to Holiday Inn...if you are trying to revamp your image and become a classier chain, start with this one!!

Room Tip: My tip is stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Palisca
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Palisca,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stay here for a few nights every spring when attending an annual convention in Hershey. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed, and of course the breakfasts at Holiday Inn Expresses can't be beat. I especially appreciate the daily USA Today at each door and the 24-hour coffee service in the lobby. Caution: if you don't like trains (strangely I do), don't get a room at the rear of the hotel - it is 200 feet from a busy rail line. Regardless, this is a great hotel for the money.

Room Tip: Unless you like trains, don't get a room at the rear of the hotel - it is 200 feet from a busy r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 24 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)? Share your experiences!