Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a room next to the elevator. Though this would turn most people off, we didn't really mind it. The elevator was pretty quiet considering the amount of use it received each day. The young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was good. There were signs it had been renovated. Would I stay again? Yes, absolutely. Would I recommend it to others? Yes.

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Well this is a first I have never left a hotel I was staying at using my point and then PAID for another hotel. I travel a lot for business and I know little mistakes can happen. I can overlook a missed hair in the bathroom, frayed towels, or not having rooms ready at check in time but the beds I CANT IGNORE !! The beds are HORRIBLE would have been more comfortable sleeping in my Fiesta. Management needs a serious lesson in customer service. FOM promised to credit my points back never did Gm never returns calls (Thank God for the IHG Rewards Platinum Line who fixed it) Would not consider property unless major renovation and management changes. Much beetter properties closer to park (there is a SpringHill 1 mile off the park entrance)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear mattmc15084,

Thank you for being a Platinum member and leaving a feedback. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I hope you can believe me when I say that your experience is not the norm in our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered in your room and the service issues you had during your stay. Our team pays special to our Platinum members and deeply regret that we were not able to provide you with the highest level of service our elite members deserve.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your patronage and support to the hotel are very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our product.

Dhan M

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at hotel in July, went to Hershey for the weekend, Great location, Very good breakfast, We had a package special, included hershey tickets, candy, stuff bear, hat, towels, we were celebrating grandsons birthday, Front desk very nice, Rooms clean, Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here three nights at the end of August. It is very convenient to HersheyPark. It was clean and we thought the breakfast buffet was great. We experienced no issues here, and would stay again and hope to get a little better rate. A big shout out goes to Andrew at the front desk, and Agnes at the breakfast area. Both were very friendly and welcoming, you are fortunate to have them! :)

2  Thank Veronica M
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel is a dump. I was traveling as a single woman business traveler. First I was given a room on the 3rd floor next to the elevator, with no desk at which I could access my computer and conduct business. The room did, however have a conference table and 6 chairs, for what use I could not determine. There was no lamp or lighting near the table, which was also adjacent to the air conditioning unit. When I requested a room change, I was given a room on the first floor that had an interior post-construction "box" approximately 4 feet high, 4 feet wide and 5 feet long. This box was wedged between the exterior wall and one of the beds and evidently had some connection to the air conditioning unit. The whole thing was frightening and hummed continuously. I went back to the desk to express my displeaure at having not been warned that this room had "equipment" and was informed that there was only one additional room available, which turned out to be a handicap accessible room with one small bed and a foul oder. I returned to the desk, yet again, and received a chilly reception and a sneering look for a young woman who had now joined the male desk clerk. Keeping in mind that 30 minutes had now elasped, I requested my orignial unacceptable room back. I received no appology, no customer service, and looks from the desk clerk indicating that he clearly thought I was a pain. My original room turned out to have a broken door lock, bent towel bars, and a bent shower rod that caused the shower curtain to slide to the center of the bar while I was taking my shower, thereby reminding me of the scene in "Psycho". This holel made the Bates Motel look good! Single women travelers beware!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shar W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Shar W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you had in our hotel and if your room condition fell below your standards. This is definitely not up to our standards as we always strive to provide the best guest experience. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Dhan M

Reviewed 19 August 2013

good place to stay-clean and quiet---would recommend it to a friend ------stayed august 6 and 7
what else should i say----hello--good bye-ha,hahahahahahahaha,,-------- hah-this is fun-more o,oooooooooo well this is a pain in the butt

Room Tip: good place would recomend it
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I stayed over night on 8/17-8/18/13. We have stayed at several Hoilday inns and this was very nice but I have several complaints

#1 the refrigerator in the room woke everyone up around 2 am making a loud noise. I had to get up and double lock the door thinking someone was trying to get in! Then I heard it was the refrigerator I shook it and it stopped for a while and started again.

#2 My wife and daughters took showers and then tried to do their hair. Which they kept complaining about all the humidity left in the bathroom due to no fan. If you do your hair in a bathroom with no fan your hair does not cooperate well.( ruined their whole day!)

#3 My wife called the front desk several times asking them to have the family in the next room stop pounding on the walls. My kids were still sleeping due to the long ride and night we had. The lady at the front desk she said she was sorry and there was nothing she could do she walked the halls and heard nothing! She could of asked to come in my room and listen.

#4 I explained all this to the lady this at check out and all she could say was she was sorry. I have NEVER complained about a place we have stayed before even when the rooms were not as nice as The Holiday Inn's. But this was a very stressful stay and with no sleep made our long drive home it made it the worst. Plus the fact I had to listen to my wife and kids complain about their frizzy hair due to no bathroom fan. ( What bathroom does not have a exhaust fan? )

Room Tip: Don't bother complaining they say they are sorry but nothing gets done. Book with a better custo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Rainamark97,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the noise during your stay, the bathroom and customer service which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)? Share your experiences!