“Very clean!”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at comfort suites hummelstown for two nights this week. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, staff friendly. We were very pleased with the breakfast. Lots of choices. The staff was on top of replacing items and did so constantly while we were there. I checked for bedbugs and found NONE. The bathroom was really nice. There is a funky intersection that you have to go through to get to the hotel from the highway. If you are going back and forth to Hershey, though, there is a back way that allows you to avoid this. Just go right when leaving the parking lot. It will take you through Hummelstown. We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank punchbuggy1
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey.

On behalf of our staff, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We booked this to go to Hershey Park. It was our 8th time to Hershey and have stayed at various local hotels. What a surprise - we loved it! Ultra convenient to Hershey Park, just 20 minutes away. The hotel was so new, fresh and clean. Looked and SMELLED fresh and clean in the lobby, hallways and rooms! Yea! There is no smoking or pets allowed in ANY of the rooms. Hooray! Super friendly and accomodating staff. Rooms were decent size, nicely appointed, tastfully decorated. Microwave and fridge. A small seating area with small pullout? couch and a chair. Desk and Chair for work area. It was so clean I felt we were the first people in the room. As clean as it could possibly get and it smelled new. Bathroom was nice size with normal size toilet. Very comforable pillows. Comfortable bed. Free breakfast daily with a variety of choices. Nothing fabulous but definately good enough so no complaints for the included breakfast. Free and ample parking. In a quiet area away from hustle-bustle. Highly recommend for business. Nice for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarMarm

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Room was not ready although we checked in over an hour after check in time. Breakfast was very crowded, and one waffle maker (of 2) was out of service. They ran out of eggs and it was difficult to locate an empty table. Also, only one elevator for this size hotel was surprising. We looked in at the pool and decided to skip it...very small! The room was clean and the bathroom vanity was beautiful. Overall, an okay stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

On behalf of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The staff at our hotel takes great pride in our property and I would like to invite you back to see the improvements we have made since you last stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

Although hotel is located close to Hershey attractions, to me it is an undesirable area, somewhat industrial. We had a view from our room on the fourth floor of a construction yard. We arrived a bit early for check in and our room was ready which is always helpful when traveling with kids. Front desk attendant was not friendly at all. Elevator is extremely slow. Pool is a joke, looked dirty to me. Breakfast was a circus! Too many people, too little space and seating. Food was not replenished promptly with 2 attendants working it. Juice machine was watered down juices. Eggs were still cold in the middle. Worst coffee I've ever had. Styrofoam plates with plastic utensils was just ridiculous. The only part that was edible in my opinion was the make your own waffles. Every time we entered or exited the front doors the garbage can out front was overflowing with trash. Room was clean, beds were comfortable but if I would have read the bed bug review before booking I would have passed. So now I hope we didn't bring anything home because I will freak! I have to be honest, it is always something I'm on the look for and I did not see anything. I absolutely expected better for the price we paid and with so many other hotels in the area I will not return to this hotel...cheaper or not.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and 13 month old stayed at Comfort suites (Hummelstown) again.Its our 4th return Visit..This place and staff has always been very accomodating .Its a clean newer hotel with modern style Rooms with pleanty of space.Dont miss the breakfast .Lots of good stuff to eat but promply closes at 9:30.Great location to Hershey park.

Room Tip: some rooms that are joining have one room slightly bigger than the other..I stayed in room 310 and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nevsat
Umesh V, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for taking out time to write the review for our Hotel on Tripadvisor. My team an I sincerely appreciate the wonderful review you gave us, Thank you. My team and I are committed to provide our guests cleanest possible rooms and best service possible. We hope to see you again when you are back in Hershey.

Umesh Vaidya

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were looking for an hotel to stay 1 night during our trip to Virginia Beach. This hotel was located about half the way to our destination and was close to Hershey for the chocolate fan. We were very happy with the room and the beds. Everything was very clean and the staff was very welcoming. We've enjoyed also the interior pool with the kids. It helped us decompress and relax before our second driving day! The package include a hot breakfast. The selection was ok but we were not expecting to get gourmet food. I would recommend the hotel to maybe partner with a reknown coffee brand. I will recommend this hotel to families and friends. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Very nice hotel close to Hershey without the high Hershey price. stayed July 9,2012 for 3 nights. hotel is kept very clean and staff is very helpful. Free breakfast with hot and cold items was average. The only down fall is seating for breakfast. Get to breakfast early if you want to sit. only 49 seats in the breakfast room. hotel pool is small goes from 3 ft to 4ft 9 deep . my kids enjoyed it but it does get crowded.

• Stayed: July 2012
Umesh V, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you for the nice review. I appreciate you taking your time to give review for our Hotel. We value your reviews very highly. Breakfast bar does get bit crowded during peak time, to solve the issue we have opened up our meeting room to use as overflow seating. Meeting room is large enough to seat 20 more guests. I and our team at Comfort Suites Hershey sincerely appreciate your review and we hope to see you in very near future.

Umesh Vaidya

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
6 mi away
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!