Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My rating would have been a lot higher if I wasn't told that I'd have to fix a broken toilet myself. Our toilet was clogged upon checking in (not our doing) and when the front desk was notified, he told us that he'd get us a plunger and that they don't provide those services. Not exactly how I pictured my vacation. They did give us half off our room upon checkout for our inconvenience. Gentleman at the desk claimed he was Anthony but wore a Nathan nametag could sure use a lesson in customer service.
However, the room was clean and spacious. It was 10 minutes from Hershey. If you're just looking for a bed to sleep in after the parks, this place fits the bill. As long as you don't mind a little physical labor.

1  Thank Pats424
CSHersheyGM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Good Morning Pats424,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our hotel. My team and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay here with us. Rest assured that this is not our normal practice, however we have been so busy with all of the Hershey Park travelers lately that the front desk staff has not been able to leave the front desk area. I will be addressing the staff about this issue and assure you that corrective steps are being taken. Customer service is our first priority! I hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion of the Comfort Suites and see what our other guests have experienced.

With Best Regards,
Jessica

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a practically new hotel in very clean condition. Rooms are spacious and well laid out with small sofa bed sitting area, fridge and microwave. Only problem I had is that there isn't adequate lighting in the room making it hard to find stuff in your suitcase. Breakfast is included and offers a pretty good variety, but inadequate seating if you don't get there early. About 5-10 minutes to Hershey Park. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Good Morning intinerant,

The team here at the Comfort Suites Hershey is pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and will consider us in the future. The housekeeping staff takes great pride in their cleaning, I am glad you noticed their attention to detail. I do apologize for the inadequate lighting, we will keep that in mind.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Hershey it was great ,about 10 minutes away quick check in(we were early and still got in our room quickly) clean room, breakfast the next morning was great a little busy so go early but a great value for the money and the staff was helpful and friendly. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Good Morning nuni50!

Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay here with us. I am glad that we could accommodate you for an early check in. We look forward to welcoming you back when you come to the area again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place is awesome. Clean, friendly, wide selection of good food for breakfast. Frig and microwave in each room. I like that the room thermostat controls the climate. Close to the Hershey hotspots. You won't be disappointed. Not sure why its only 2 star should be alot higher. THANK YOU

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PattiShine
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Good Afternoon PattiShine!

Thank you for your awesome review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We also question the 2 star rating, however a stay with us will prove that we go above and beyond to provide five-star accommodations and customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area again.

Your friend,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Recently took a day trip to the Lancaster area and then stayed here for an early start the next day to Hershey Park; overall a perfect location for our trip. Hotel looks fairly new, so everything was in excellent condition, room was very clean and the perfect size for my family (there are 3 of us). The highlight for me without a doubt was soft sheets on the bed! Every hotel I have stayed at the past few years have sheets that feel like sandpaper and are completely uncomfortable; as a result I sleep horribly! Thanks to the soft sheets, this was the first time in a long time I actually had a great nights sleep in a hotel and was well rested for the all day adventure at Hershey Park.

If we visit Hershey again we will definitely stay here. I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Hershey Park but don't want to pay Hershey hotel prices; besides that extra money you save by staying here will come in handy once inside Hershey Park! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Hello friend,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us some feedback. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a fairly new hotel, so room condition is one of our top priorities, alongside staff service. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your family on their Hershey Park vacation.

I would have to agree with you on the soft sheets and pillows, they are simply amazing!!! In fact, many of our guests purchase linens to take home with them before leaving. Thank you again for your kind words and positive recommendation. We welcome your family back anytime!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Newly renovated rooms including couch and chair. A bit larger than other hotel rooms. We stayed here when we were going to Hershey, and compared to others in the area price was reasonable. It was about 10-15 minutes away from the park. Breakfast was really busy here. It was hard to leave after we checked out because there is only one elevator, and it took about 20 minutes of waiting until there was room for the luggage cart in the elevator.

Room Tip: choose first floor so you don't have to wait for the elevator with your luggage cart
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Greetings HammerHeidi!

Thank you so much for your positive review. Our team here at the Comfort Suites Hershey takes great pride in the up keep and condition of each and every room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. It does tend to get overcrowded, especially in the morning with all the Hershey Park tourists headed out around the same time. If you should happen to stay with us again we will be more than happy to accommodate a first floor request.

Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Econo Lodge Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
#13 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!