“Very nice ....”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Seems like a newer property ... new decor, carpet, lighting. Room had king sized bed (a bit firm), sofa, desk furniture that was really too high to work at, high speed internet was fast, good cell phone reception in room, nice bathroom decor and plenty of counter space, clean. Great A/C.

Has very small indoor pool. Breakfast included eggs (a bit watery), sausage, breads, muffins, waffles, juices, fruit, cereal. Was well attended. Friendly staff.

Somewhat convenient to restaurants although nothing within walking distance. Located on a hill off the main road and is a little difficult to get to. But overall very very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Wongs1985!

Thank you for taking time out your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown. Im glad you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back often. The staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad it shows.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here for only one night but it was a very nice stay. The staff was friendly enough, and the rooms were very spacious and big. The room had a 32inch LCD flat screen tv, 2 queen beds, a couch with another bed, and a mini fridge and a microwave. The bathroom had the typical shampoo, soap, etc. and it also had a blow dryer. I didn't go in the pool, but it looked very nice. Breakfast in the morning was very nice with cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, juice, and some other hot food as well. It was well worth the price,and I would recommend it to a friend. The only downside is that it is the only hotel in the area and there are no gas stations located near the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Good Morning bennyrocks6!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our associates. Our team takes great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when your in the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Quite a nice motel located in an out of the way place.The property is in very good condition and has a resident flock of Ducks quite large in number and variety. Staff members were very courteous friendly and helpful. Several restaurants are within close distance to the property. I enjoyed quite a relaxing stay and had a good nights rest with no distractions or security issues.It was a bit pricey for me at $107 plus tax, for an off season weeknight but I would certainly stay there again and would recommend the property without hesitation. It is quite close to Hershey Park. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice.

Room Tip: The wireless internet was a bit slow for me, so you may want to ask for a room with hardwired intern...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Good day joe h!

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will say hi to the ducks that hang out in our parking lot for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Hershey/Harrisburg area!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This has got to be the best affordable place in all of central PA. The pictures online are very accurate. The room is just as it was pictured. Checked reviews before going, and was surprised at the excellent reviews. I am also giving an excellent review. The room was immaculate, the bathroom also. We had a king suite, which included a small sitting area, between the room with the bed and the bathroom. Very large room. I was most impressed by the clothes closet, including doors. There is a small pool, indoors, but also kept very clean. Also available were a fitness room and a small area for convenience items, and a washer and dryer for guests. A ice machine and vending machine on each floor. Another high spot, is the HOT breakfast that included biscuits and gravy on one morning, and sausage and eggs the other mornings, including bagels, toast, danish, muffins, yougurt, waffles makers, fruit, cereal, juices, coffee, and a host of other items. The eating area for the breakfast was in the lobby and a really nice size to accomodate a number of guests. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were well supplied. Fridge and microwave in room a great help. The hotel is within a few miles of Hershey, and Harrisburg. Also a Wal Mart and restaurants nearby. The price was great. The staff were very nice and helpful. We were on the fourth floor for four nights, front side, and the only small complaint I had, was the traffic noise. It sets at a crossroad....and especially mornings were loud. But we turned the fan on and it cut the noise way back. But for the niceness of this establishment, coupled with the cleanness, among other things, makes the noise issue a minimal concern, for the price. We will definitely be making a trip back to this motel in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room on back side of hotel (not sure that would help with the traffic noise), or maybe a r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Good Morning donna b!

Thank you for the kind words you wrote about our hotel, the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg! Our staff takes great prides in hotel including the cleanliness and our friendliness and I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fairly new hotel near Hershey Park - it took less than ten minutes to get to the park each day. They were still paving the parking lot when we visited. The rooms are a nice size and clean. We originally booked a king suite with a sleeper sofa for my son - that was a mistake. The sleeper sofa is all but unusable. It has an "innerspring" mattress and you can feel each and every spring in the mattress. There was no way my son could sleep on it. We were lucky that for the remaining nights of our stay there was a room with two queen beds available so we switched to that (although we were having toilet issues in that room - they were very nice about giving us a plunger at midnight). There is one elevator for the entire hotel which does not seem like enough at busy times. The breakfast was okay - make your own waffles, fruit, various muffins and breads, cold cereal, yogurt, etc. There was one hot entrée per day (two of our days it was biscuits and gravy, the other was scrambled eggs and bacon). Definitely not enough seating for breakfast and when I asked about additional, they said there was none. There is a room they rent out for meetings, etc but I was told there were no tables and chairs in there (personally I think they should have put some in there so we could have somewhere to sit). It is in a mixed area (industrial/residential) but not terrible. We didn't spend much time there except to sleep so it was fine. Considering what we paid, I think we got a good price. It is not meant to be a fancy hotel but an adequate place to sleep at the end of the day.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is probably quieter as it does not face a street or highway. The ro...
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Greetings Gloreeea!

Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of our hotel, the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg.

I am happy to hear that you enjoy our location in approximately to Hershey Park and that your found our place clean and a nice size. I'm also glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family the second night of your stay in a room with two queen size beds. I'm also happy to hear you feel you received a fair price for your stay .

In our next renovation, we are planning to extend our breakfast room to accommodate more people at one time as currently it is meant to be a flowing dining room which means people are suppose to come down throughout the morning and not just between the hours of 9a to 930a when the breakfast is closing. A current tip to future guest is if you are an early riser, to come down earlier when seating is available (breakfast starts at 630a).

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back often.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here with several other families for a visit to Hershey Park. The room was clean and spacious. The front desk staff was very nice with the exception of the night desk clerk who removed the large jar of Hershey kisses and told us that the manager locked them in his office. The next night clerk pulled them out and just asked the kids not to throw the wrappers back into the jar. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Good Morning Mattsmon,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg.

I'm glad you found the room clean and spacious but sadden that one of our staff members did not make you feel welcomed by removing the Hershey kiss jar from the desk. That is not normal procedure for us and i have spoken to that staff member to remind her to always leave it out.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back often.

Your friend and fellow Hershey kiss lover!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed here from 7/31/13 thru 8/2/13. The Comfort Suites is pretty close to Hershey. It's only 5 to 10 minute drive to Hershey Park. Rooms were very clean; and we had the standard suite with 2 queen size beds and a small pull out sofa (sleeps 5). The breakfast consist of i.e. waffles, sausage, hard boiled eggs, fruit, & yogurt etc. My only complaint was the fitness room. The fitness room only consisted of 3 machines and one of them seemed like to didn't work properly. I tried to use the elliptical machine, however that machine would not adjust to any different settings. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel as a good choice for the Hershey area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Good Morning TravelsWFamilyAlways!

Thank you for taking the time out to give us such positive feedback. I am happy to hear that we were so conveniently located for your families' Hershey Park vacation and were able to accommodate them comfortably. The team here at the Comfort Suites Hershey takes great pride in their cleanliness and I am glad it showed.

I am sorry to hear about the issue with the exercise equipment. I will have maintenance take a look at the machines in order to correct this.

Warm Regards,
Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Econo Lodge Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
#13 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!