“We would come back...”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The first thing I noticed about this hotel is that it is right off of a weird intersection that I had trouble figuring out at first. After a day though, it was no problem, you just have to get used to the trafffic pattern. Check in was super fast and there was a very nice front desk person who welcomed us. The room was very spacious and clean - no problems at all - comfortable bed which is what makes or breaks hotel stays for my husband and I. Another plus is that you can run your heat/AC all night on auto and it won't turn on and off which would wake us up. It's smooth and stays on all night which helps drown out sound from other guests. Which brings me to the only real downfall of our stay - - there were children running wild a floor above us as well as down the hall at 11 p.m. I understand that it's a hotel and some noise is to be expected, but this was just a lack of respect on the parent's part. This is obviously not the fault of Comfort Suites. Other than that one thing, the pool is a little small, but so is my son so it was a decent fit for him. At one point there were no towels in the pool area, but before he got out, an employee came in and replenished them. We have Hershey Park season passes, so we will be back again.

1  Thank Denise K
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Good Morning Denise K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and also for choosing the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey for your recent visit to the area. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful.

I do apologize for the noisy children running around, that can be a problem sometimes when there is no supervision. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Hershey Park!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey

Reviewed 1 May 2014

So far I have not been let down at Comfort Suites. I was happy to find one close to where I had to do business recently. Great hot breakfast, friendly staff, very clean. Comfy bed. :-) Great internet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Greetings aesmith62!

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg for your recent business trip. The staff here is glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything went smoothly.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel previously and have no complaints. From check-in to check-out it is a great experience. The breakfast in the morning (go early, avoid the crowd) is top notch. All the employees at this location are very friendly. The hotel is in a great location--close to restaurants, stores and just far enough away from Hershey to avoid the park prices. Free parking, free Wi-Fi and indoor pool.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough off the main road that there is no road noise.
1  Thank ArmyFmly

Hello ArmyFmly,

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg I would like to thank you for the awesome review. We all take pride in our customer service and I am glad it shows! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our sons aged 4 and 7 over spring break (3 nights).

Location: Very good, 10 minutes from all Hershey park attractions and restaurants
Service: Good. remote did not work, was replaced quickly
Breakfast: Free! Lots of options, make your own waffles popular. Eggs on first day were very watery and stale; improvement on subsequent days
Room: Standard, clean, two queen beds, sofas, water pooled in tub
Parking: Free
Wi-Fi: Free
Other: Only one small elevator for whole hotel, 4 floors. One person at front desk
Noise level: Can hear freight trains at night on parking lot side of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Greetings salmoncake!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was attentive to your needs. I do apologize for the noise from the parking lot side of the hotel. It does tend to be a little noisy if you are a light sleeper.
We hope to have you back next time you are in the area.

Your friend,

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel and extended another night for I liked. Very comfortable, New furniture, five minutes from chocolate world in Hershey. Staff are friendly, plenty of parking spaces and good breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello Fahad,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff and hotel was able to meet all of your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for choosing our hotel.

Your friend,

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Not great - we were tired so slept and left. Staff not great. Breakfast stunk. Smelled weird. Not very clean. I would not recommend.

Drive down the road there are better places for only $20.00 more.

Bad ...................................

Stayed: April 2014

Good Afternoon Ello4977,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. I will be talking with the appropriate staff to ensure that we correct these issues. I hope that you will give us another chance at providing you with a quality stay should you ever be in the area again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed over one night for a bowling tournament. Hotel was great, front desk handled a "mass check-in" was professionalism! Rooms were clean and updated. We stayed in a room just outside of the elevator and there is a little "ding" but not too noticeable when the air or TV is on and minimal noise from the highway. Breakfast was a standard hot hotel breakfast and everything was stocked nicely!
A return to this hotel will be in the future for next tournament!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Greetings Megan C!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg I would like to thank you for the awesome review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including the fact that the elevator "ding" did not disturb your sleep.

Thank you for noticing the professionalism of the front desk agents. We all take pride in our customer service and I am glad it shows! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!