“Comfortable indeed!”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Chose this location based on positive reviews and being a member of Choice Privileges rewards.

Spacious room with two queen beds and twin size sleeper sofa and a very useful rolling desk table that was handy for dining on take-out. Of all Choice brands we mostly use Comfort Suites for the extra space and bed provided by the pull out couch. This location was excellent for our Hersheypark visit. Quiet and away from the commotion of the park area, but less than 10 minutes' drive. The onsite free breakfast is very good. Since there are no restaurants within walking distance, we either ate supper out before returning to the room for the night or went through one of the drive-throughs in the busy area near the attractions.

The intersection as you approach the hotel from Highway 322 is a little strange with all the hills in the area. If arriving from the west, you switch back sharp left on to Grayson, then immediately right on Milroy down the hill to the hotel. The building is almost hidden from 322 but you can see the hotel sign. A short drive west along Grayson Rd. takes you to a Walmart and a few restaurants.

Very pleased and would choose the same hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Greetings KmomChicago!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg thank you for writing such kind words about our hotel. We are very pleased that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your trip to Hershey Park.

I do apologize for the intersection on 322, it is a very awkward turn down the hill . We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Hershey/Harrisburg area!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Comfort Suites is close to Hershey but without Hershey prices, very reasonable. Quiet rooms with comfortable beds, even the sofa bed was comfortable. Breakfast is included in the price and is definitely one of the better continental breakfasts around. Everyone was very friendly and they even shipped my daughters forgotten blanket home to us.

Room Tip: Ask for a queen suite if you have children, rooms are very large.

Good Morning JoAnn P,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back when travelling in the area.

Your Friend,

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here before and will always stay here when we visit Hershey. The hotel is very clean and staff is friendly. My daughter of course loved the pool. Breakfast was good and I was surprised to see they had sausage gravy with biscuits that was very tasty. When you stay here you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Blueberry1117
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Good Morning Blueberry1117!

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey. Your staff takes great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back often.

Anthony

PS.... I love blueberries!!! :-)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Overall, the place is generally nice. The night check-in staff was very friendly. The hotel is new and feels clean and welcoming. It's only about 15 minutes from Hersey Park.

We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old so we got a "double queen with sitting area" room to accomodate the extra space needed for a pack and play and kids. But the room was basically a regular sized room, just a bit longer. The rooms are very long and narrow so it felt rather crampt.

There is only 1 elevator that is very slow, so there tended to be long wait times to get to your room, especially at check-in and breakfast. I opted for the stairs if it was just myself.

My wife went to check out the pool after the kids were asleep and it was not much bigger than a hot tub. There was already one person in it, so my wife didn't feel like being that close to a stranger and left. Why even build a pool if you are going to make it that small?

While the building is new and the rooms are well insulated, there is already peeling wallpaper and moldy caulk in the bathroom, which makes me think that while new, the construction is low quality and that new feeling isn't going to last long.

Breakfast was atrocious. I picked this hotel partly because of the breakfast reviews on Tripadvisor but they were so wrong! The eggs were these round 1cm thick pieces of soggy cardboard, both in texture and taste. On what planet is that supposed to be an egg?? Sausage was ok but salty. Regular spread of dry premade breads, muffins, bagels. A make your own waffle station was the only highlight. But no edible eggs, no bacon, no potatoes, no hash, no nothing worth eating.They should save their money and just hand out granola bars and charge $10 less for the room. Coming off a full day of Hershey park the day before, I really wanted a big breakfast and this did not satisfy!

At check-out time the person working the desk who was the "manager" was on the phone for a long while. I was standing there trying to turn in my keys and check-out and she seemed to be deliberately ignoring me. She could at least have acknowledged my presence and said she'd be right with me. I gave up waiting and packed up our car, then returned to the desk and handed in the keys. A stark contrast from the night check-in who were very friendly.

Overall you can certainly do a lot worse, it is a comfy bed, but considering the level of competition and number of hotels in the area, I think they need to do a lot better I will be looking elsewhere on our next visit to Hershey.

Room Tip: First floor so you don't have to deal with the elevator, don't plan on using the pool, and g...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Good Morning Grillindad.

On behalf of the staff at the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, I am sadden to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.

Our staff strives for excellence and I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, the design of our hotel, and the breakfast options we offer.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologizes and I thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review.

Your friend

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here as a value alternative to the hotels located right at Hershey Park. Got a very good rate through AAA. Plenty of parking, check-in and check-out were a snap. Non-smoking hotel (there was a gazebo near the front for smokers). Breakfast was very good and filled me up every morning. Complimentary coffee and tea available all day. Fitness room was small (I did not use) with a few cardio machines and a universal-type machine. Indoor pool was small/shallow, but was good for kids. Good size refrigerator and microwave in room. Room was a good size, the king bed was very comfortable. Only negative was that we were given a handicapped room without being told in advance. It wasn't a big problem but would have been nice to have been told before we went up (we did not ask for another).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Greetings Paul C!

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback and also for choosing the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey for your recent visit to the area. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do apologize for the room type. I am not sure how the reservation was made, however sometimes when guests go through third party reservation systems this happens. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Hershey Park!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of five recently stayed for one night. Room was perfect with two queens and a sofa bed.
Beds were very comfortable - only complaint would be that the air conditioner worked too well :)
So no worries about room temp in the summer. Breakfast was ok, hard to judge since it was Memorial weekend and tons of soccer families. They could probably use an extra person to help keep food filled.
Only 5 minutes from Hershey Park / easy drive. But there is nothing else around the hotel. Which didn't matter since we were only staying one night.

Stayed: May 2014
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Good Morning astanley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the air conditioner worked too well : )
I do apologize for the overcrowding at breakfast, that was a very busy weekend for us, however we have since added an extra breakfast attendant.
We hope to have you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Easy ride & great price made me select this hotel! I was not disappointed! Great size room, comfy beds, great water pressure & temperature, hotel was clean & staff vey nice & friendly!... Breakfast in the morning was very tasty & included! Nice easy commute to Hershey Park!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank We_Live_Tooo_Travel

Greetings We_Live_Tooo_Travel,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff and hotel was able to meet all of your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for choosing our hotel.

Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!