“Good for restful stay”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
“Good for restful stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a comfortable stay while visiting Hershey Park. Convenient to the park. Clean, comfortable. The pool is small. I assume mostly for business travelers. Maybe not ideal for children as the pool fun maybe limited. Good breakfast options.

Room Tip: We had the one room suite. Was spacious.
Green Features: Good. I guess. That's all I can say . . . . . . . . . . . , .. . . . . .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Greetings ThemillersinPA!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg thank you for writing such kind words about our hotel. We are very pleased that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your trip to Hershey Park.

I do apologize for the small pool size, however it was what our hotel space was able to accommodate. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Hershey/Harrisburg area!

Anthony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
mksandiego121
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Overall our stay at was very nice. The staff members were very polite and welcoming. India, the guest service agent who assisted with our reservation was fantastic! The breakfast offered was decent. The WiFi was a little slow and hard to connect to at times, but to be expected with the amount of guests that were on property.

1 Thank mgracek121
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hola mksandiego121!

Thank you taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey. On behalf of our team, we are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and family back to our hotel when your travels bring you the Hershey/Harrisburg area again!

Manchester, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our stay on July 3 was fine. It's the aftermath of being double charged that will no longer have us as guests. We had done an advanced purchase with our Choice Privileges only to them be charged again on a different credit card. After several calls to the hotel who told me I needed to contact Member Services and Member Services telling me I need to contact the hotel directly and enough of the run-around and the manager Jessica being unhelpful and the general manager Anthony not contacting after my voicemail, I ended up disputing the charge. Definitely not customer service oriented. Thank goodness there are many options in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Good day Tina L!

Thank you for taking to time to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey. I am glad to hear that you are a loyal guest of our hotel and your stay was fine, but at the same time sadden that there was a mistake with the billing.

Meand Jessica are currently investigating why you were billed twice for your stay because we only see one charge from our side. We are in contact with our credit card processor to see if they are aware of any additional charges to your card.

I do invite you back to the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey as my personal guest to let us make up for your billing issue and for you to be able to give us a second chance. I can be reached directly at 717.566.3000 or via email at avenuto@padutchhotels.com.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology.

Your friend,
Mahwah, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Planned our friend's first trip to Hershey, PA. Since the majority of the hotels in town were booked or overpriced for the Summer, I decided to recommend the Comfort Suites. Upon arriving, our friends were told that their room had to be changed due to a large group that didn't check out. They said an email had been sent. When we checked in, we were not notified that our room was also downgraded. When we opened the door we realized we were now in a queen double when we had booked a king suite. I told the woman at the front desk and she said she was sorry. It was only then that she said she would discount our room. She had already charged our double the king rate but she would change it. There was nothing they could do, but I was still disappointed since we had a confirmation for a king suite and no one brought it to our attention when we checked in. We were placed on the bottom floor right next to the lobby. At first I was worried about the noise level, but it was fine. Overall the room was clean and we were happy they gave us the lower rate since we were not getting what we originally asked for. I am just concerned that we didn't get what we originally booked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WDWfan80
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Good Day WDWfan80!

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey.

On behalf of the associates at our hotel, please let me take this time to apologize for your room type change. As you can see from our past reviews, this is not normal practice for our hotel and I am sorry you were a victim of this change.

Since our hotel is located in a resort area, our property has more rooms with 2 queen sized beds then rooms with just 1 king sized beds. I admit, that this is not an excuse for having to change your room type but I wanted to let you know why you put in a room with 2 queen size beds.

Again, please accept my apologizes and I hope you will give us a second chance when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area again.

Safe travels,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

we stayed july 3rd,2014.weekend getaway.theres nothing walking distance,walmart was close and hershey park.staff was very helpful and pleasant.kid friendly environment.i would definately stay here again.tanger just afew minutes away.prices were even better.love this place.

Room Tip: not one facing front .light shines in unless u like that.hotel overall was quiet.
Green Features: staff was very helful in trying their hardest to help u have a great time.and their breakfast area was always clean and varity for kids and adults.
1 Thank Terryann Angeli... G
Greetings Terryann Angeli...G!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel, the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey. On behalf of our staff, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The associates at the hotel takes great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Safe travels,
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked this hotel through priceline and was initially disappointed to find out it wasn't as close to Hershey Park as I had hoped. After staying, I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay near the park, but not having to pay a fortune. The hotel was super clean, new (5 years I believe) and the staff was very helpful. I called the night before and the hotel operator assigned us two rooms next door to each other. Because the rooms were not booked the night before, when we got there we were able to check in around noon. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I'd ever slept in. The next morning, breakfast was included. I expected danishes, coffee and cereal, but they actually had eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, etc. Very impressed and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mirella A
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Greetings Mirella A!

Me and the staff at the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I know when you book with sites such as priceline, sometimes you don't get exactly what you want, but I am glad to hear that when you got here you were delighted. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming the next time your travels lead you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Your friend,
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Chose this location based on positive reviews and being a member of Choice Privileges rewards.

Spacious room with two queen beds and twin size sleeper sofa and a very useful rolling desk table that was handy for dining on take-out. Of all Choice brands we mostly use Comfort Suites for the extra space and bed provided by the pull out couch. This location was excellent for our Hersheypark visit. Quiet and away from the commotion of the park area, but less than 10 minutes' drive. The onsite free breakfast is very good. Since there are no restaurants within walking distance, we either ate supper out before returning to the room for the night or went through one of the drive-throughs in the busy area near the attractions.

The intersection as you approach the hotel from Highway 322 is a little strange with all the hills in the area. If arriving from the west, you switch back sharp left on to Grayson, then immediately right on Milroy down the hill to the hotel. The building is almost hidden from 322 but you can see the hotel sign. A short drive west along Grayson Rd. takes you to a Walmart and a few restaurants.

Very pleased and would choose the same hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Greetings KmomChicago!

I do apologize for the intersection on 322, it is a very awkward turn down the hill . We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Hershey/Harrisburg area!

Anthony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!