“Horses,Great Wine and Great People (Not Necessarily in that Order)”

Cassel Vineyards of Hershey
Book In Advance
More Info
US$116.88*
and up
VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Hummelstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Cassel Vineyards of Hershey will be closed between the dates of December 24, 2017 - March 2, 2018. Our wine is available through our online store or also at Redner's market in Palmyra, Pa. Since 1903 this land has been cultivated by the Cassel Family. Brothers, Craig and Chris are the fifth generation to harvest the bounty of this fertile land. As stewards of the land we take pride in growing the highest quality grapes and hand crafting them into unique local wines.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When you walk into Cassel Vineyards you may notice all the things in my title. This is a very nice family run operation. Their passion for making good wine is as evident as in the love of their horses and the people that come into the vineyard. What a nice feeling to be welcome and enjoy the nice atmosphere. Don't miss a visit to this upstart Winery and the wonderful setting it is in. Enjoy and continued success for the Cassel Family!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great wine by a great family, in a great place to visit. It is on your way to or from Hershey PA via route 39. The selection of wines in central PA have been growing over the past 10 years. Cassel's selection is very worth tasting!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We participated in the Hershey/Harrisburg Cornucopia of Wine event and thought we were going to miss visiting Cassel as they are only opened on Saturday. Fortunately we were able to just make it before closing and thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with the owners, wine tasting and overall experience. Everyone could not have been nicer but more importantly the wine was really good (I found through many tastings that I didn't like a lot of Pennsylvania's wine but really liked Cassel). We bought several bottles and will probably visit again to buy more (we live about 10 miles outside Phila.). We even bought some stemless wineglasses to remind us of our tour. Definitely stop by Cassel if ever in the Hershey area. Thanks Cassel.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This winery is a family affair. Although the vines are only a few years old, the property has been in the family for years. Sit outside and enjoy a glass of red or white while being greeted by horses. We prefer the reds but as with any vineyard, every one has their favorite. If you are in the area, I definitely recommend. The only downside is there are no tables inside. There is a tasting bar but if it starts raining outside there is no place to sit to enjoy your wine inside. If you stand at the bar you block future customers from tasting. The owners are very friendly and willing to answer any questions.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was excited to see a winery in the area, but when I walked into the small taste testing room with no chairs and no decor. It gave me the feeling of being uninviting and not really promoting their wines. I received no real background interactions from the staff about their wines when tasting. The only nice thing they did do was offer my daughter a small glass of grape juice.