“Great place!”

Standing Stone Coffee Company
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Specialty espresso bar, in-house roasted, relationship-based coffee and coffee wholesale, paninis, sandwiches, salads, smoothies and milkshakes, soups, baked goods, desserts, free wi-fi, outdoor seating, coin-op laundromat, and a community hot spot!
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I live in Huntingdon and this has been a great addition to our town. The food is good, and always fresh; and the coffee is great! The atmosphere is welcoming: college students, local people, and visitors all hang out here happily together. Sometimes the service can be a little slow (don't come here if you're in a hurry), but otherwise I'd recommend it enthusiastically.

1  Thank Kathleen B
Lindsay M, Manager at Standing Stone Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thanks for your review, Kathleen! You're one of our favorites to visit us! Thanks for the lovely review! We always do wish we could be quicker but with busy lunches, a small kitchen and making everything fresh on site, it can be a bit slower. Thanks for being flexible and waiting a bit!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Super friendly service every time I go in for some coffee. Their roaster seems to be getting better and better and the quality of beans has increased significantly over the past few years.

Thanks for the great feedback! We are always striving to roast the best ways possible for each variety of bean! Thank you!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I frequent Standing Stone Coffee Company often for a latte, baked oatmeal or sandwich for lunch. The drinks are always perfect and the food is always good. I highly recommend the baked oatmeal. Standing Stone Coffee gives back to the community through community fundraiser days and service projects. I feel good about supporting a coffee shop/restaurant that also supports the community. The art exhibits throughout the shop are interesting and enjoyable to check out while you wait for your order. Standing Stone Coffee also offers events (live music, trivia, ect.) that appeal to Juniata College students during the school year. The only reason I did not give Standing Stone Coffee five stars is the fact that the customer service isn't always good. Many of the employees are very nice but there are several who do not come across as warm (no smile or hello) and friendly. Initially, I thought maybe those employees were having a bad day but it seems to be the same 2-3 employees acting as if my order is a bother. Thankfully, I am a regular at Standing Stone Coffee and I know not all of the employees are this way. Because the location is small with a limit kitchen/prep area, I recommend calling ahead if you are taking a food order to go or in a hurry. Otherwise, enjoy your beverage and visit with friends while you wait for your food. When the weather is nice, the outdoor patio is a delight.

Thank you for your review of the shop. The oatmeal is a favorite and a homemade recipe - it's one of our favorites, too! Thank you for supporting us through the 15% Benefit Days - you make our outreach possible!

I apologize that you feel that certain staff aren't as welcoming and friendly. A staff person may be quieter than others and not as gregarious while working. If you'd like, I'd be happy to listen to you more and help address this issue. We assure you that everyone strives to welcome and care for every guest. I appreciate your graciousness in this process. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I take my mother and her friend here every time I visit. I love to patronize a place that strives to serve good local food in the most sustainable way. No paper plates, plastic utensils or paper cups. Coffee is good, smoothies are good, sandwiches are good, and I love the oatmeal.

1  Thank Jacke65

Thank you for your review! We, too, love a more sustainable approach to business and how to reduce waste as we serve great beverages and food. In fact, all of our hot and cold cups compostable - an added plus! Thanks for visiting us, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We go here whenever we visit family in Huntingdon. It's cozy, friendly, and the food is really, really good. Very family friendly. Changing art on the walls gives a fresh look each time, and people using the wifi are obviously welcome and comfortable doing so.

Lindsay M, Manager at Standing Stone Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

We're glad you enjoyed the food and the art! We, too, love the changing scenes on the wall, from photography to children's art to landscape paintings. Hope to see you soon! Thanks for the kind review. We appreciate it.