“Awesome!”

The Mill Stone Manor Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First time staying at the Mill Stone and loved it! The room was nice and clean. My coworker and I loved having the continental breakfast available, it is perfect to grab just what you need for the morning and get your day started. I will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My room was clean and comfortable, and recently renovated - new bathroom, carpet, and furniture. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that it's expensive for a nonchain motel in a rural area; you can find a cheaper room in the vicinity without having to stay in a seedy place. If you're looking for an alternative to a chain hotel, this place is very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My friend & I attended 2 days of the Creation Festival in late June. Most of the "chain" motels were booked. I found this place online. The mini-suite w/ 2 separate rooms looked good. So I took a chance. As we got close to arriving we joked how pictures can be made to look good online and not to expect too much. Wow, were we surprised. The rooms were clean w/ comfortable beds. Each room had a widescreen TV w/ an incredible number of channels. The A/C worked great. There is a train that goes by periodically, but w/ the beds so comfortable, we hardly noticed. We did not partake of the continental breakfast, but we did bring late night food back to the room but forgot plates, silverware, & napkins. The late night clerk gave us all we needed. If I go to this festival again, there is no doubt where I will stay. Thank you Mill Stone Manor!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked a two night stay here, as our preferred Hotel in Huntingdon was completely booked up. Upon our arrival we walked into the office to check in, and was about taken back by the smell of cigarette smoke. When I asked where the continental breakfast was served, she stated "in here." I immediately thought who would want or could stand to eat in here - gross! We went to our room and noticed ear plugs sitting on the bedside stand. As suspected, a train came by across the road blowing its horn approx every 20 minutes, day and night! There was a urine drip down the front of the toilet from a previous guest, and although the floor appeared clean, it wasn't. No iron or blow dryer in the rooms, and the continental breakfast blew. Not even a donut hole to be found. Trying to overlook the flaws, we attempted to get on the internet several times. It ended up the internet was down the entire weekend, and nobody seemed to care very much. It was $99 a night (prices jacked up this weekend due to nearby graduation) and was very substandard for the price. I would never stay here again unless it was a "last resort" type of situation again. I do have to say that the staff was always friendly and respectful. If your not at all fussy, I guess it would be fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were re routed w/ an oversize load & running out of daylight. We came across this just in time. It was very easy to get truck & trailer in the parking lot. It was very reasonable, & pet friendly. The ear plugs scare me a bit... I guess we'll see what thats about. Rooms are very clean & comfy!! Good find!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DAW10
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Computer was down so we had to do the credit card transaction the slide, old fashion way - not a problem just noting.
We rented the suite because it sleeps eight. The rooms were very clean; beds comfortable, pillows soft, towels soft. They had DirecTV, which was surprising, most hotels I've been too only have the minimum Comcast channels.
My complaints start at the bathroom - no hair drier and the water was Super hot, so hot we had to splash it on ourselves at a distance. Small complaints but in my opinion big enough to drop it down to a 3/5. If your room has normal temp water you'll enjoy the place :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank run4jesus078
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the mill stone manor for a weekend to go fishing. I love that the hotel is pet friendly (only certain rooms), our dog Mya loved the hotel more than we did. Overall it is very very clean and comfortable! We will for sure be making more trips back in the future. The hotel staff and receptionists were also kind and friendly. Plus you cannot beat the price!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarabush
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
#2 of 3 in Huntingdon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 26 in State College

Been to The Mill Stone Manor Motel? Share your experiences!