“Great Ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Ribs!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped at Woodie's for the first time for a light meal. It's not tall on atmoshere, but it has good prices and the best ribs I've ever had. My wife had fried shrimp, which were big, lightly breaded, and very tasty . Woodie's has a full bar, good service, and does have a few other choices if you're not into barbeque. We will go there again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DODSPECREP

New Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Good Bar B Q”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We had the bar b q trio which offered a nice variety of the smoked options. I had pulled pork, pulled chicken, and brisket. My husband had the sausage, bar b q chicken, and brisket. The pulled pork, sausage, and brisket were the best. Great smoke ring on the brisket. Variety of sauces at the table to complement the meat. Sides were average and the price was good for the amount of food. Service was a bit slow but friendly. Great place to visit with friends.

1 Thank Dean_Amy-2004
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not a bang for your buck kind of place”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We just moved to town and this place usually always has a full parking lot, which is usually a good sign. We were seated promptly and it's decor is average and clean. I'm from Tennessee so I know what BBQ tastes like. I go in expecting it to be pricey. The sweet tea was good, which is rare for the north. The super sampler 9.99.. Was no where near worth what we got. I ordered the mesquite chicken sandwich with a sweet potato, the potato was nice. The chicken was how I would've grilled it but lacked enough flavor for me. It was a little bland so I added a lot of BBQ sauce that was at the table. There were 4 to choose from. First, I hope no one from the Carolina's takes your comment of perfecting a Carolina sauce... You really messed it up:( and I LOVE Carolina sauces and vinegar . The spicy sauce had a really dry taste.. I could improve it. The sweet was normal and what I'm use to and I didn't like mustard sauce but I'm not a big fan of mustard sauces. Maybe consider making a white sauce for your pulled pork sandwiches and option, it's mayo based and I've noticed people like mayo up here and the right white sauce will boost the flavor! My husband had a pulled pork and it needed something. And we were charged an extra dollar for some reason. Not cool. My kids chicken was pretty good. Fries were fries. Overall I would return but not rush back anytime soon for a 50 dollar meal that I left a little hungry after.

• Visited April 2014
Pa.
“Very good”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good sports bar, very good BBQ and the wings are good and a nice variety. The wait staff was excellent, especially Kennedy!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BigMalPa
Mount Union, Pennsylvania
“Valentine Dinner”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had an amazing waitress. I don't remember her name but she knows and understands what good customer service is all about. The manager on duty, who was a man, could take a few lessons from her. He looked grumpy and unapproachable. A simple smile can make a difference.

Visited February 2014